Jones reveals who the only opponent to ever intimidate him was

Not surprised, Jones was kinda struggling with takedowns in that fight, and was legit turning and running from Rampage

maxresdefault.jpg

Coincidence?

USADA agents being dispatched. Please sit tight.

must've been DC, Jsince JJ didn't dare fighting him without cheating & "extra help"
if he wasn't intimidated or fearfull of losing he wouldn't have doped for that fight.
or he doped for every fight regardless of the opponent

I wonder how he calmed those nerves?

Meditation probably.

On an unrelated topic here's some talcum powder:

talcum-powder-istock.jpg

Ok...a dude on Sherdog doesn't believe me. I'm devastated.

Jones has been with the same woman for well over a decade so of course people don't believe you when you say he was talking to an ex about his upcoming fight.

The Rampage fight was weird because Bones, up to that point, took guys down as easily as any MMA fight ever had but struggled to get Rampage down. Not sure if he just started neglecting to train his wrestling in favor of becoming really good at striking, but he went from taking down Ryan Bader like nothing to looking fallible in that department 2 fights later.

Didn't really matter though because he outstruck Rampage badly and then took him down and subbed him late. But I had gotten used to Jones being able to take down guys with the slighest effort.

True but Bader admitted to having lots of problems with his mental game against Jones.

Looked like his mind was elsewhere.

Jones has been with the same woman for well over a decade so of course people don't believe you when you say he was talking to an ex about his upcoming fight.
The strange women who weren’t his wife who were partying with him when he crashed his Bentley, they were just friends?

I wasn't following MMA at the time, but Rampage has always seemed to struggle to win fights he should have won effortlessly. Even within the timeframe you're mentioning, he won splits over Ninja and Bustamante; very good fighters but guys a Rampage should be beating a lot more clearly than by split decision.
Bustamante vs Rampage was one of THE first mma fights I saw (live on PPV). We were clueless teenagers.

Bustamante was a late replacement (for teammate Arona?) so that maybe threw Rampage off but he still won it handily.

Ninja was a tough fight and I think it was because Wanderlei had crushed Rampage soul a 2nd time already plus Chute Boxe knew his number. He’d go on to get famously mauled by Shogun.

Rampage was one of the most intimidating and scary dudes back in the day. Also one of the funniest.
One of my least favorite fighters ever. Seems like a total asshole and a bully. Just my 2 cents.

Of course I regret it. I should've put some work in.

Seems like you didn't have to put a lot of work in. Judging by those stories, you guys spent a lot of time talking about Jones. It seemed you had her warmed up, ready to go. :)

False. Gus did as well. I've told this story before about how I briefly dated his ex. Now she might be trying to smear his name, but this was way before all the bad stuff happened. She said that they talked a few days before the Gus fight and he said something to the extent of, "I'm about to get my @s$ beat by a viking."

She also forshadowed a lot of stuff happening that I didn't see coming. Well I didn't believe her, but a lot of the stuff she predicted would happen, happened.
how do you say false then make up some dumbass story ? Yoi have mental issues

He was more intimidated by Gus

Successful troll
hqdefault.jpg

Fail

staredown-7913.JPG

I remember youtube scouting Jones before the Stephane Bonnar fight and coming to the conclusion Bonnar was going to destroy him :D

The Rampage fight was weird because Bones, up to that point, took guys down as easily as any MMA fight ever had but struggled to get Rampage down. Not sure if he just started neglecting to train his wrestling in favor of becoming really good at striking, but he went from taking down Ryan Bader like nothing to looking fallible in that department 2 fights later.

Didn't really matter though because he outstruck Rampage badly and then took him down and subbed him late. But I had gotten used to Jones being able to take down guys with the slighest effort.

Rampages knees had started going so he didn't like wrestling and his hands had sharpened up under Juanito but he was a couple years past his prime by the Jones fight and only liked boxing by then.

Back