Jones' polygraph fiasco could land him an even longer suspension

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 501827

Remember what Novitzky said. He said the starting point for his suspension is 4 years. And depending on either mitigating OR aggravating factors that time could be shortened or even extended by as much as 8 years. This polygraph thing could definitely be seen as an aggravating factor by the judges if they are sufficiently convinced he cheated. Its a really bad look to try and claim your innocence with unscientific bad evidence that isnt even allowed to be used in court because its so faulty when theres actual scientific empirical evidence in a lab showing he cheated. Makes it look to the judges like hes lying and trying to cover it up, plus insulting their intelligence.

Timestampped

that would be hilarious

but usada/jon jones are in bed together

The polygraph is like a Serial Killer's wife being asked if she knew.

As much as we all want to see Bones banned for eight years, I’m now starting to think that USADA is shady.

Jones only gets 2 years, you watch. No 4 years nonsense. 4 years is basically retirement. I'd be surprised if they give him 3 years as a middle ground between 4 and 2. But he deserves 4 for sure.

It would be hilarious if Jon just waltzed back in with no penalty whatsoever.

The party boys that enjoy shooting deca in the cheeks and snorting the good old cheech marino on the weekends will embrace around the world and accept that there is still hope yet.

As much as we all want to see Bones banned for eight years, I’m now starting to think that USADA is shady.

I dont think this would be a factor so aggravating that it would get him an 8 year suspension but it could be enough for them to throw the book at him and give him the 4 years whereas if he hadnt done this they mightve been more lenient with him. Or could possibly even get him an extra year on top of the 4 years. Something like that.

The thing is, he has to throw everything and the kitchen sink to try get off.

He's facing down a long suspension, possibly career ending, he may as well risk a longer one with the chances of getting none/a reduced one.

Bones haters don't care about PED's. They just don't want him to surpass their favorite GOAT fighter or they want him to stop beating the shit out of their favorite fighters. That's it. The anti-PED stance is contrived BS.

The polygraph stunt can't get his sentence extended, but it does show that his team has no credible defense and are now grasping at straws (think Silva and his blue thai liquid "expert")

I see Jeff wearing the glorious 2s UFC shirt....where can I get one!!!!
<5>

Jeff Novitzky’s public lobbying is setting off alarm bells. He’s sending signals to USADA. That’s in addition to all the dozens of times USADA accept the old ‘tainted supplement’ defence.

Its-Not-A-Lie-If-You-Believe-It-Seinfeld.gif

Bones haters don't care about PED's. They just don't want him to surpass their favorite GOAT fighter or they want him to stop beating the shit out of their favorite fighters. That's it. The anti-PED stance is contrived BS.

There's some truth to this. People will look for evidence they need to despise something they already disliked. Doesn't have obe GOAT related though, there are plenty of reasons to think Jones isn't a great guy. Could be some people didn't like him for his ethnicity too - not the majority but I'm sure there are some.

saying there is "scientific empirical evidence in a lab showing that he cheated" is ignoring the critical factors of intent and personal responsibility, both of which have been relevant in many other cases.

the lab results merely provide evidence of a banned substance in his system. the results tell us little (if anything) on its source, how it got there, if Jones knew or should have known, or if he was reckless in what he took.

passing a polygraph, however dubious the test, is consistent with his goal of trying to persuade USADA and the commission that it was inadvertent use that was beyond his knowledge. he isn't trying to refute the lab results.

The polygraph stunt can't get his sentence extended, but it does show that his team has no credible defense and are now grasping at straws (think Silva and his blue thai liquid "expert")

You dont think lying and contriving evidence to support your lie is an aggravating factor?

Back