Jones: I would absolutely jump at the opportunity to have a super fight with Weidman!

Cain Velaquez has 40-45 lbs on Bones while Weidman could EASILY fight LHW. Would not be surprised Weidman's and Bones walking weight is close to even.

Jones walks around at probably 230lbs. I don't think Weidman is that big.

Cain also doesn't cut weight to get to his fighting weight (high 230's/240's). Bones cuts weight to hit 205. Cain's weight advantage is maybe 25lbs.

If both hit the scale at the same weight I'm good.

Every champ is interested in superfights vs the champ 1 division below him and strangely they never want to fight the guy a divison above. That said I would like to see the fight

It's amazing how Jones is only interested in fighting DC, Gus and Weidman after they have all had knee surgery. That heart.

Of course Bones would jump at the chance. Odds are he wins, collects a big payday & improves his legacy.

Why would he want to fight Cain when you can beat Weidman and get the same respect.

Well of course he is...he excels at beating up smaller men, except this one has 'superfight' written on the ticket, which makes it seem more competitive.

Every champ is interested in superfights vs the champ 1 division below him and strangely they never want to fight the guy a divison above. That said I would like to see the fight

Not Hendricks and Weidman

but super fights never happen anyway

Cormier vs Jones is the closest we gonna get

Weidman has way too many guys to fight in the MW division and he doesn't fight very often.

as always jones reday to fight smaller guys... man up and fight werdum or barnett

I fully expect that fight to happen, but not yet Jon. Your going to have to wait till he is ready. Jon and camp Jackson do a tremendous job of picking the timing of their fights. They were able to put Rashad off for almost 2 years. I think they called out Gus when they did because Jackson was smart enough to see that Gus is getting better and better. A month or so back DC was a guy that needed to prove himself first, knee surgery scheduled and they re ok with him stepping up to the front of the class.

Save the your a hater stuff, 90% of the fighters do it. Jones and camp Jackson are just very good at it.

Props to Weidman and Hendricks for wanting to fight the next guy up, but they both have divisions to clean out first.

And who knows - if Bones can deal with Cormier he might fancy his chances against Cain too?

Jones vs. Weidman is a terrible fight. Jones by size advantage and its not even close...

Of course he would love to fight a MW.

When asked about Cain, Jones had to clean his shorts backstage.

Not Weidman he has stated numerous times he would never call out the smaller fighter.

Weidman on fighting Hendriks and on a Jones super fight
" I want to fight the best guys in the world. It's not like I'm calling out Jon Jones, but I want the toughest competition and I'd want to fight the people that other people think I can't beat."

"On top of that, I would never call out a guy who's smaller than me. I'm a lot bigger than him, I think. I know he walks around heavy, but I'd feel like I'd have a huge advantage in that fight, so I'm not calling him out. Jon Jones is different. He's taller than me, he's bigger than me, so that's a different story. That would be more of a test for me than Johny Hendricks."

Source http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/15/5901623/ufc-chris-weidman-would-do-super-fight-against-jon-jones-not-johny-hendricks-mma

Anderson/Jones was a "superfight" because the p4p best was moving up to take on the bigger champion.

Jones/weidman is the opposite--not a superfight at all.

Jones has never missed weight.
Make it a catch weight at 199 so no titles are on the line

Wait, didn't Jon Jones say not too long ago that Weidman is not "worthy" of a superfight?

Back