Jones: Gustafsson is the second toughest guy in the UFC (after me), not DC.

zyN2Su0.jpg

Shooped

I've not seen that fight for so long but I think I had it Jones 3-2. JUST. Or maybe the other way round................ Hmmm...

Didn't Jones say he barely trained for the Gustafson fight? It was in a Rogan podcast if I remember correctly.

Like any good nickname I didn't choose it, it was bestowed upon me by my peers. gotta own life kid.

I can’t imagine why your friends named you Jizzer and really I don’t want to imagine it

Duck he already beat gus wtf, the only reason he is taking the brock fight is money, he wants to cash out as he probably thinks he has 1 or 2 fights left in him.

Yes Duck....I choose my words carefully.

Yes he already won....A split decision that one could argue he legitimately lost. Many thought an immediate rematch should have taken place. Actually everyone did. But it never happened.

We all understand he's talking the Brock fight for money. That is my exact problem with what he's doing. He needs to take care of unfinished business first. And that is Gus. It's part of his legacy. He needs to PROVE he can beat Gus without any doubt. Given DC's character? I thought he would jump all over that given the competitor he is....Unfortunately he is no longer looking for challenges and wants to cash out and leave. That's fine. But it's something I as a fan will remember.

So let me get this straight. You think DC is ducking Gus?.

Let me straighten this out for you....

Yes. He IS ducking Gus....And he has good reason to. He wants to go out on top, with no losses to end his career. He knows damn well fighting Gus puts that in very serious jeopardy.

It's the most difficult match up for DC in MMA besides Jones....

I'm sorry, but it's simply the truth and I love DC....

Ducking? He already beat him...

This is like the 4th person actually stating this....I really have to question if some of you have a learning disability or are just playing dumb. It's one or the other.

Yes. He already "beat him"....As if that somehow escapes the fact he's ducking Gus.

He won a split decision anyone could argue he legitimately lost.

DC knows this is his toughest match up in MMA besides Jones, and wants to avoid him so he goes out on top. That's not saying DC can't win that rematch. But he knows it's very risky.

Didn't Jones say he barely trained for the Gustafson fight? It was in a Rogan podcast if I remember correctly.

Nope, it was Rogan who tried to feed Jones that narrative, but Jones said he did train, just that he could have trained harder like he could have trained harder for any of his fights. There was nothing different in his training for the Gus fight than for his other fights.

This is like the 4th person actually stating this....I really have to question if some of you have a learning disability or are just playing dumb. It's one or the other.

Yes. He already "beat him"....As if that somehow escapes the fact he's ducking Gus.

He won a split decision anyone could argue he legitimately lost.

DC knows this is his toughest match up in MMA besides Jones, and wants to avoid him so he goes out on top. That's not saying DC can't win that rematch. But he knows it's very risky.

He already beat him

Yes. He IS ducking Gus....And he has good reason to. He wants to go out on top, with no losses to end his career. He knows damn well fighting Gus puts that in very serious jeopardy.

You have any reasons to back that up other than that you love DC, Gus didn’t get embarrassed by DC in their first fight, and he took it to Jon 5 years ago?

just an excuse that he barely trained cuz gus whooped him

hes had the privledge of having a foot reach advantage and being much taller than his opponents. gus was the 1 top tier guy that was his own size and it showed in the fight

Stylistically Gus was a great counter to Jones style. He was left with round kicks and elbows because of Gus lateral movement and ability to get in and out as opposed to alot of flat footed LHWs. Plus you could tell Gus drilled that clinch escape a million and one times during camp and it showed.

Edit. Just felt like you were chalking it up to Jones not being used to somebody his size as the only factor.

Last edited:

Gus is 2-2 in his last 4 fights. How does that deserve a title shot. Plus he recently pulled out of a fight for being hurt, so he can't fight anyway.

Lol at you guys arguing with TS

One of the biggest nuthuggers on this site, theres no reasoning with him when it comes to Gus
Yes Duck....I choose my words carefully.

Yes he already won....A split decision that one could argue he legitimately lost. Many thought an immediate rematch should have taken place. Actually everyone did. But it never happened.

We all understand he's talking the Brock fight for money. That is my exact problem with what he's doing. He needs to take care of unfinished business first. And that is Gus. It's part of his legacy. He needs to PROVE he can beat Gus without any doubt. Given DC's character? I thought he would jump all over that given the competitor he is....Unfortunately he is no longer looking for challenges and wants to cash out and leave. That's fine. But it's something I as a fan will remember.

How about Gus winning some fights and actually earning a title shot

He hasnt gotten the DC rematch because he hasnt earned it

jon probably went back there like man my foot kinda hurts and brandon made up the rest

there was a vid of him that the screencap is from where he was literally trembling and Wink had to hold his chest up. Looked like he was crying. UFC took down the vid tho. Schaub is a Bones nuthugger. He has no reason to lie about that

Back