Jones: Gustafsson is the second toughest guy in the UFC (after me), not DC.

At least he's telling the truth for a change.

I love DC but have honestly lost respect for him for ducking Gus....He needs closure on that fight before he retires but choose to fight fucking Brock instead. It will reflect on his legacy.

IF Gus deserved a rematch vs anyone ... it would be Jones.

DC beat Gus pretty clean. Good close fight but DC won clearly.

Jones beat Gus in most people's opinion by stealing a round with that nasty elbow. Outside of that, most had Gus winning that round.
That is the rematch Gus deserves and Jones avoided at all cost.

Gus is 2-2 in his last 4 fights. How does that deserve a title shot. Plus he recently pulled out of a fight for being hurt, so he can't fight anyway.
still doesnt mean that dc isnt ducking him lol

regardless of inactivity hes the clear top guy at 205. dc defending against corey anderson, queen latifi, osp etc. is a joke. all those guys have lost in their last 2-4 fights. jan has won 4 in a row so i guess hes closest

Calling it now BROCK VS DC and BONES VS GUS announced this Thursday at the Mcgregor media thing (For MSG). I heard that tickets go on sale Friday. Which were pushed back from last week. BONES VS GUS will be for the strap, as soon as they touch gloves DC's belt will be relinquished. AND then BONES VS DC @ HW on super bowl weekend. I am not disclosing a source. I am a long time MMA guy!

Long time MMA guy should probably ask himself if the UFC could announce a fight for Jon Jones when he is still banned from fighting?

IF Gus deserved a rematch vs anyone ... it would be Jones.

DC beat Gus pretty clean. Good close fight but DC won clearly.

Jones beat Gus in most people's opinion by stealing a round with that nasty elbow. Outside of that, most had Gus winning that round.
That is the rematch Gus deserves and Jones avoided at all cost.

Of course he deserves a rematch with Jones....The same with DC.

I have absolutely no possible idea where you came up with the idea he beat Gus pretty clean, or that he clearly won that fight....It was highly controversial, and one could easily argue Gus won.

Lol at you guys arguing with TS

One of the biggest nuthuggers on this site, theres no reasoning with him when it comes to Gus

How about Gus winning some fights and actually earning a title shot

He hasnt gotten the DC rematch because he hasnt earned it

I have no idea who or what you're talking about....

Gus won that fight. It is plain as day. Dude got robbed worse than anyone else in the UFC.

there was a vid of him that the screencap is from where he was literally trembling and Wink had to hold his chest up. Looked like he was crying. UFC took down the vid tho. Schaub is a Bones nuthugger. He has no reason to lie about that

Jon himself said that he could not walk by himself, and he needed assistance to pee and take a shower. Schaub however, is actually more of a Gus nuthugger. Has stated many times that Gus might be his favorite fighter and he has said that Gus is the best fighter he even sparred.

Gus is 2-2 in his last 4 fights. How does that deserve a title shot. Plus he recently pulled out of a fight for being hurt, so he can't fight anyway.

Because he's the best possible opponent for DC and the best fighter in the LHW division not named DC or Jones....He's also the one guy who could realistically beat both of them and arguably already did...He also should have already got rematches against both of them.

But if you would like to continue to play dumb? Be my guest.

Yes. It it sure as hell didn't go so well for DC....

When you post 4 times in a row, that means you have issues. Get some friends.
still doesnt mean that dc isnt ducking him lol

regardless of inactivity hes the clear top guy at 205. dc defending against corey anderson, queen latifi, osp etc. is a joke. all those guys have lost in their last 2-4 fights. jan has won 4 in a row so i guess hes closest

Brock is ducking me. I challenged him and he won't fight. Clearly a duck. Gus has as much right to fight for the title as I have to fight Brock.

Because he's the best possible opponent for DC and the best fighter in the LHW division not named DC or Jones....He's also the one guy who could realistically beat both of them and arguably already did...He also should have already got rematches against both of them.

But if you would like to continue to play dumb? Be my guest.

He is hurt, so how is he the best. And if a 2-2 guy is the best anyway, then it is better for DC to defend his HW belt until a real contender shows up.

Of course he deserves a rematch with Jones....The same with DC.

I have absolutely no possible idea where you came up with the idea he beat Gus pretty clean, or that he clearly won that fight....It was highly controversial, and one could easily argue Gus won.

It was a very close but clean and easy to score fight.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/6500/Daniel-Cormier-vs-Alexander-Gustafsson

MMA media agrees and so does the fan voting on it. DC won. It was close though for sure.

Jones/Gus on the other hand all depends on how you judge 1 round where Jones got schooled for most of it until the elbow.

There is no swing round like that in DC/Gus. The round Gus landed that knee ... he won that round but lost the others.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/6500/Daniel-Cormier-vs-Alexander-Gustafsson

MMA media agrees and so does the fan voting on it. DC won. It was close though for sure.

Jones/Gus on the other hand all depends on how you judge 1 round where Jones got schooled for most of it until the elbow.

There is no swing round like that in DC/Gus. The round Gus landed that knee ... he won that round but lost the others.

Jones/Gus was horrible. Jones poked him in the eyes like 4 times. 3 times should be the absolute max before you get DCed.

It's because Gus is as tall as Jones so he doesn't have the height advantage.

Jones was in the best shape of his life (broke his previous camps strength and conditioning records by his own words just days before the Gus fight), that was Gus' first champiohship fight and the first 5 round fight of his career and he still arguably beat Jones who on top of all of that was likely juiced. Shows how Gustafsson is probably the most underrated fighter ever in MMA.

He brome his toe in April and came back early sept. You could tell his mobility wasn’t here. What does lifting have to do with anything. He wasn’t healthy, his coaches said he didn’t train, and he still beat Gus.

He brome his toe in April and came back early sept. You could tell his mobility wasn’t here. What does lifting have to do with anything. He wasn’t healthy, his coaches said he didn’t train, and he still beat Gus.

Except they didn't say he didn't train, you are talking out of your ass. There is zero proof he trained any less vs Gus than vs other opponents, deal with it.

Wrong, only one judge scored the 3rd for Gus. Had Salvatore D'Amato scored the 3rd for Gus, Gus would have won the fight.

scorecard3.0.0.JPG

Jones can't even hide his jealousy of DC. Has to throw shade from the bench with every tweet.
If gus is still around when jones finally returns then thats the fight to make, but they both need to get off DC's nuts cause unless the brock fight falls through, it ain't happening for either. The only true Double Champ is riding off into the sunset with both belts.

Back