Jones: Gustafsson is the second toughest guy in the UFC (after me), not DC.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Wasn't the first time Jones has said it.

Gustafsson-Jones-Staredown-600x375.jpg

I thought he barely trained for Gus?

Or is he just being spiteful towards DC?

Hmmm..

I like when we lend credibility to an admitted cocaine addict and a twice failed PED user.

Well, he does hate DC more, so that could explain it~
Although I actually think Alex was tougher than DC, not as smart when he freezes up and just takes damage instead of avoiding it though.

Last edited:
Jones vs Gus drug free fight. Let's see it!!

Gus gave him a tougher fight, what's the man gonna say.

I thought he barely trained for Gus?

Or is he just being spiteful towards DC?

Hmmm..
just an excuse that he barely trained cuz gus whooped him

hes had the privledge of having a foot reach advantage and being much taller than his opponents. gus was the 1 top tier guy that was his own size and it showed in the fight

Toughest, not more skilled, so I guess it could be true.

hes had the privledge of having a foot reach advantage and being much taller than his opponents. gus was the 1 top tier guy that was his own size and it showed in the fight

So basically , it's hard to take Jones at his word. Lol

Why would he say a guy he walked through twice and made cry twice
is tougher than the hardest fight he has ever had?
(which is generally accepted by everyone btw)

"Jones was so beat up after the Gustafsson fight, that he couldn't even wipe himself, forcing his coach to lend him a hand.

He got carted... I was waiting at the press conference, Jon and I shared a locker room... and he came right from the fight, on a stretcher, they brought him in the back where the doctors are, cause I was getting stitches on my head and Jon was in there. I got to admit man, it was scary to see a human being like that. His face was swollen shut. He's bleeding out of his eyes, ears, mouth. He was throwing up... He was just so beat up. His body was shaking. I just looked at him and I was like: 'dang, man'"

23ldysy.jpg

P6Im7.gif

TlK63ECjlcvyYA0Y0Te.gif

Back in 2014 Andre Arlvalski said he's barely in the gym. I don't think he's in the gym much. He relies on improvising and creativity and natural talent to win fights. It works for him though. If he studied tape on Gus and trained based on his tendencies he'd most likely fight a perfect fight.

DC is the heavyweight champion of the UFC. He’s really not the second toughest of anything atm.

"Jones was so beat up after the Gustafsson fight, that he couldn't even wipe himself, forcing his coach to lend him a hand.

He got carted... I was waiting at the press conference, Jon and I shared a locker room... and he came right from the fight, on a stretcher, they brought him in the back where the doctors are, cause I was getting stitches on my head and Jon was in there. I got to admit man, it was scary to see a human being like that. His face was swollen shut. He's bleeding out of his eyes, ears, mouth. He was throwing up... He was just so beat up. His body was shaking. I just looked at him and I was like: 'dang, man'"

23ldysy.jpg

P6Im7.gif

TlK63ECjlcvyYA0Y0Te.gif
Gus 48-47
RLYkaG6.jpg

Back