Jones and DC becoming friends?

masterkiller214

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
giphy.gif
I just read this article.

Jones, perhaps surprisingly, was the far more talkative of the two in this segment. Here’s what he had to say about “DC.”

“At the end of the day, we’re both elite competitors, and that’s what makes us have such disdain for each other. Obviously, I’m a student of his lifestyle. He’s been a big part of my life for the last two years, and I think he’s a tremendous person outside of the ring. That doesn’t sell fight tickets, but he seems to be a hard-working man, in the Octagon and outside the Octagon. A loyal husband, a loyal father, a wrestling coach, a team captain, he’s a very respectable person. But unfortunately we’re competing against each other and you can’t be apologizing for your level of intensity when it comes to winning.”
Cormier, meanwhile, managed to get a few Jones compliments out, but pumped the brakes on them pretty quickly.

“He’s a great competitor,” he said. “I think he rises to challenges. I think the things that he has done in his career are pretty outstanding – but those are where the compliments end.” BJPENN.COMhttp://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jon-jones/jon-jones-daniel-cormier-actually-nice-things-say/

Only an idiot would think the hate is as intense as they both make out.

They both want to be the best. Simple as that really.

they were asked to said good things about the other.
they did.

not much more to say or take on that.

they will hate each other on fight night.

can't wait.

Both gave fairly honest answers, but its pretty clear they cant stand each other.

Jon Jones reminds me of Tom Brady. I hate Tom Brady, but one of the reasons why he is so great is because he continually has this chip on his shoulder. He plays and acts like he's still hungry, like he's not the #1 QB arguably ever.

Jon Jones has a similar chip on his shoulder. He holds grudges against people who doubt him, overlooked him, and pick others over him. That's what great people do...

He also exhibits sociopathic tendencies which is interesting.

They can't stand each other, but they also can't live without each other.

They're so gonna be best friends when they retire. I can already picture them cuddling after their fight... before talking shit again a few days later.

This Bromance is complicated

Both gave fairly honest answers, but its pretty clear they cant stand each other.
Yeah man, Jones is pretty well spoken. DC seems pretty pissed about the situation. Its gonna be a good fight

Honestly, I think they both want this beef to end. Gotta sell the fight, though.

The dynamics of these rivalries is truly fascinating. Magic and Bird, Ronaldo and Messi, Ali and Frazier and Jones and DC, these people are so much in each others head, they take up a huge portion of each others life and they force themselves to hate this other man, but in the end - when everything's said and done, and they break out of that "bubble" - they almost always end up laughing at it all and - if not liking - then at least respecting each other as human beings. I'm pretty sure the same will happen here, and I hope so. They absolutely despise each other now, but I think we will see them as old men laughing at the thing that were said. Cormier will be forever salty, so the competitive edge will remain, but it will lighten up tremendously.

They have a competitive spirit. I seriously doubt the beef is near as bad as its played out to be. Hate sells tickets. They probably kick it for superbowl and have each others gamers tags.

Only an idiot would think the hate is as intense as they both make out.

They both want to be the best. Simple as that really.

No, it's exactly as intense as they portray it. Not a bit more, not a single bit less. Exactly that.

99% of the time I'd say the hate is fake. I think these two genuinely despise each other beyond being the top two in their weight class. I think a lot of that is from DC being thin skinned and very proud. I think he was gotten to and elevated his trash talk to Jones personal life. Honestly though, who really gives a shit if they're friends or not? They're professional fighters. They get paid to try to beat the fuck out of their opponent. The better they do it the better they get paid. Nothing crazy or extraordinary about two people about to fight not liking each other.

Maybe they can be in the same room without wanting to kill each other
LoL at them being friends tho

They have a competitive spirit. I seriously doubt the beef is near as bad as its played out to be. Hate sells tickets. They probably kick it for superbowl and have each others gamers tags.

I really doubt that. The mannerisms and emotions they express seems too real to be an act. They mean it, but it's within the bubble of a rivalry and that bubble will burst as soon as Jon takes it to 2-0.

They still have beef.

They respect each other but not sure they really "like" each other. There is a difference.

They can't stand each other, but they also can't live without each other.

They're so gonna be best friends when they retire. I can already picture them cuddling after their fight... before talking shit again a few days later.

This Bromance is complicated

Cuddles maybe if it is 1-1. 2-0 does not make for cuddly situations.

Back