Jon Jones: Zero USADA Tests (as of 6/6/18)

Who cares, he wont be in the talent pool for a few years, let him juice now if he wants. So long as he's clean by the time he's eligible to re-enter the testing pool I'm fine with it.
You clearly don't understand how a lot of PED's work....

Sounds like one of two things.

A) They’re planning on nailing him to the wall.
B) They’re corrupt as fuck.

So I am out of the loop, do we know how long Jones is banned for?

When Jones comes back at the end of the year for the MSG card we will have our answer

He’s been a know user for years...

mFtGBPk.jpg

Why test someone who wont fight for another 3 years?
They know he's on PEDs anyway so why waste time?

<Fedor23>
Why would you test somebody who's currently banned?
What is the point of testing him right now? They have not even handed down punishment.
he'll enter the 6 month testing pool when he gets close to coming back

go search brocks name.. Looks like he isn't coming back till at least October
I think what the OP is trying to say, but for some reason couldn't be bothered to type it out, is that to fight you have to be in the testing pool for 6 months. If Jones is not in the testing pool then he probably knows he isn't fighting anytime soon.
Lol. Either he has exit the testing pool because they know he wont fight in a long time or usada has been corrupted by UFC. I hope its the first but i fear its the latter.
To prevent them from using their suspension to juice to their hearts content
But isn't the testing pool only for ACTIVE fighters? Surely if Jones is banned he isn't an active fighter.
Who cares, he wont be in the talent pool for a few years, let him juice now if he wants. So long as he's clean by the time he's eligible to re-enter the testing pool I'm fine with it.
hes not fighting for like 2-4 years, don't think testing him right now would be all that meaningful

It has to ne this, otherwise this is proof of USADA's corruption.
If you looked at Chad Mendes, as an example:
2016: 9 (All)
2017: 5 (All)
2018: 1 (Q1)

And he's been suspended since June 10, 2016.

The fact that USADA hasn't even tested Jones once is curious at best and worryingly suspicious at worst.

And Cormier's only been tested twice.

JonesRampage_faceoff.gif
That's fairly normal.

So I am out of the loop, do we know how long Jones is banned for?
I predict a 4 year suspension based on Mir's precedent.

That's fairly normal.

Considering he had a title fight in January, and is in fight camp for a title fight right now, having only been drug tested twice is pretty low.

Considering he had a title fight in January, and is in fight camp for a title fight right now, having only been drug tested twice is pretty low.
Given that his fight was in January, it's not unreasonable to assume a portion of his tests from Q4 of 2017 were for that fight. Since he's been tested twice in Q1, one might be in January and another might be as recent as this past month. Ultimately it's nonsensical to compare Cormier's number of tests in Q1 of this year with Jones lack of any tests in the same timeframe, given that the former has never failed a test and the latter has failed two and is pending an USADA-hearing.

So you can juice as much as you want between the day you're caught and your hearing? That's a handy loophole.

Fail for something minor, do a few cycles, get a slap on the wrist and continue on as normal.

go search brocks name.. Looks like he isn't coming back till at least Brocktober
Fixed

Edit-damn it I was late

Yeah, I think USADA should modify their random testing protocols to regularly test those who have been flagged for banned substances.

go search brocks name.. Looks like he isn't coming back till at least October

But isn't the testing pool only for ACTIVE fighters? Surely if Jones is banned he isn't an active fighter.

An athlete has to be in the testing pool to serve their suspension, otherwise it's frozen until they re-enter.

Now, Jones is only provisionally suspended and we don't know if he has indeed left the testing pool, so the point above doesn't apply. However, if he did leave the pool, it's possible that when he gets his final suspension that might not be retroactive (yes, USADA can do that.)

Back