Jon Jones: Zero USADA Tests (as of 6/6/18)

Did USADA give out his suspension yet?? Did I miss something

He's looking between 2-4 years. And the suspension will probably be closer to the 2 year Mark.

He's already almost served a year so I believe he'll be back in 2019
I'm just assuming he's stupid enough to pop a third time.

I was referring to the local athletic commission. They usually set the bar when it comes to suspensions, and they let it go to the independent body.

Counter law suits aside, it was a weird call.
A revoked license is actually a worse punishment than a 2-4 year suspension.

Did USADA give out his suspension yet?? Did I miss something

He's looking between 2-4 years. And the suspension will probably be closer to the 2 year Mark.

He's already almost served a year so I believe he'll be back in 2019
Jones will get 4 years or more:

Frank Mir got 2 years, as a first time offender, with no mitigating factors, for Oral Turinabol.
Jon Jones is a second time offender, with no mitigating factors, for Oral Turinabol; additionally, he lied and had his signature forged on USADA-documents.

Well I think this points to him getting a 4 year suspension. I am sure if there was some deal that they would be testing him if they were going to only end up giving him a year or two.

jones10.jpg

This is one of the greatest things ever

Well I think this points to him getting a 4 year suspension. I am sure if there was some deal that they would be testing him if they were going to only end up giving him a year or two.
USADA tests suspended athletes (i.e. Chad Mendes).

How long can the benefits of PEDs last?

Is 6 months long enough for you to lose all your roid muscle?

Muscle mass grew by 30 percent

A research team at Oslo University, headed by Professor Kristian Gundersen, exposed the mice to anabolic steroids for two weeks, which resulted in increased muscle mass and an increase in the number of nuclei in the muscle fibres.

The drug was then withdrawn for three months, a period which corresponds to around 15 percent of a mouse's lifespan. After the withdrawal, the mice’s muscle mass grew by 30 percent in six days following load exercise, while untreated mice showed insignificant muscle growth during the same period.

This suggests that the steroids still had a clear effect on the muscles in the first group even after a long period with no steroid use.

Muscle memory
The specific time aspect is of course challenging to extrapolate from mice with a lifespan of two years to humans, who live for 80 years. However, the cell nuclei in humans are known to be very stable. If the muscle memory mechanism in humans is similar to what we observe in mice we could be talking about several decades of advantageous effects.
Kristian Gundersen
The mechanism behind this effect can be described as a form of ‘muscle memory’, where an increased number of nuclei in muscle cells is maintained after temporary use of performance enhancing drugs.

Each nucleus can produce proteins for a certain volume of the cell. Thus, each nucleus and the associated synthetic apparatus can be viewed as a small protein factory that builds muscles. In principle, the more nuclei, the bigger muscles you can obtain.

“There is an accumulation of nuclei when you build muscles, and these nuclei seem to promote the gain of muscle mass with future exercise,” Gundersen says in an article on the Oslo University website.

Muscle mass grew by 30 percent
A research team at Oslo University, headed by Professor Kristian Gundersen, exposed the mice to anabolic steroids for two weeks, which resulted in increased muscle mass and an increase in the number of nuclei in the muscle fibres.

The drug was then withdrawn for three months, a period which corresponds to around 15 percent of a mouse's lifespan. After the withdrawal, the mice’s muscle mass grew by 30 percent in six days following load exercise, while untreated mice showed insignificant muscle growth during the same period.

This suggests that the steroids still had a clear effect on the muscles in the first group even after a long period with no steroid use.

Muscle memory
The specific time aspect is of course challenging to extrapolate from mice with a lifespan of two years to humans, who live for 80 years. However, the cell nuclei in humans are known to be very stable. If the muscle memory mechanism in humans is similar to what we observe in mice we could be talking about several decades of advantageous effects.
Kristian Gundersen
The mechanism behind this effect can be described as a form of ‘muscle memory’, where an increased number of nuclei in muscle cells is maintained after temporary use of performance enhancing drugs.

Each nucleus can produce proteins for a certain volume of the cell. Thus, each nucleus and the associated synthetic apparatus can be viewed as a small protein factory that builds muscles. In principle, the more nuclei, the bigger muscles you can obtain.

“There is an accumulation of nuclei when you build muscles, and these nuclei seem to promote the gain of muscle mass with future exercise,” Gundersen says in an article on the Oslo University website.
Interesting. So even though Vitor looks like he's lost a ton of muscle, he's still better off than he would be if he never used PEDs?

he'll enter the 6 month testing pool when he gets close to coming back

go search brocks name.. Looks like he isn't coming back till at least October

brock still not reentered testing pool so there no need to talk about brock at all.

Lol. Either he has exit the testing pool because they know he wont fight in a long time or usada has been corrupted by UFC. I hope its the first but i fear its the latter.

usada not corrupt come on people.

When Jones comes back at the end of the year for the MSG card we will have our answer

he better get reentered into teting pool and have that hearing tom.

jon will face his punishment soon for being the cheater he is,.

at least ufc has a testing program unlike bellator who told crop cop what day he be tested on is ever worse.

im not sure what the rules are for a suspended fighter.
They have to remain in the testing pool for their suspension to run. If they leave the pool, they have to reenter it and work of the greater of the remainder of their suspension, or 6 months.

Note that whereabouts failures (missed tests) won't show up there, and you can get away with 2 in a 12 month period. 3, and you'll get time off like Nick Diaz did. So Jones could have withdrawn from the pool, or missed a couple of testing sessions, or USADA could be ignoring him.

Frank Mir got 2 years, as a first time offender, with no mitigating factors, for Oral Turinabol.
Jon Jones is a second time offender, with no mitigating factors, for Oral Turinabol; additionally, he lied and had his signature forged on USADA-documents.
Lyoto Machida got 18 months, as a first time offender, for 7-keto-DHEA, which has no anabolic effects and barely any positive effects at all.

USADA is full of shit.

Lyoto Machida got 18 months, as a first time offender, for 7-keto-DHEA, which has no anabolic effects and barely any positive effects at all.

USADA is full of shit.

for trying to keep the sport clean ya right.

A revoked license is actually a worse punishment than a 2-4 year suspension.

Jones will get 4 years or more:

also had not even tried to prove anything like josh barrent did.

all jon is doing is saying he being framed but when asked how he has no answer.

Back