Jon Jones: Zero USADA Tests (as of 6/6/18)

To prevent him from cheating again?
You can't strip a license and expect to still be testing them.

Jones received a strange sentencing from the athletic commission. His licence was canceled and he can only apply for a new one after USADA make their call on a suspension.

Most fighters just receive suspensions. I'm wondering if this benefits Jones, given if USADA match the one year the AC gave him, he's essentially been given a free year to use, and getting suspended for a year and getting your licence canceled with an ineligability to apply for a new licence for a year is really the same thing. While you don't have a license, you can't be expected to be tested.

If he really is a juicehead, he has the perfect opportunity to gear up.

Jones received a strange sentencing from the athletic commission. His licence was canceled and he can only apply for a new one after USADA make their call on a suspension.

Most fighters just receive suspensions. I'm wondering if this benefits Jones, given if USADA match the one year the AC gave him, he's essentially been given a free year to use, and getting suspended for a year and getting your licence canceled with an ineligability to apply for a new licence for a year is really the same thing. While you don't have a license, you can't be expected to be tested.

Exactly. Why not do a few cycles to maintain what he has until he’s back in the testing pool.

Jones got pulled from UFC 200, how exactly is that incident "mostly for PR"? And Jones' second failed test was the in-competition test from CSAC.

Citing one instance (Lesnar's failed drug test) as evidence that USADA is corrupt and protecting the UFC's draws hardly makes your case.

Yeah and they let Jones fight Cormier the second time then only published the results after the event.

Yeah and they let Jones fight Cormier the second time then only published the results after the event.
The second time was a failed in-competition drug test, do you not understand what that means? <Lmaoo>

This post raises an interesting question. Should suspended fighters be required to undergo testing while suspended? I think they should, if they want to fight again.

There is a requirement that UFC fighters undergo a 6-month testing USADA testing period before fighting, but this is already being circumvented by "retiring" and "un-retiring" less than 6 months prior to the event.

Retirement loopholes aside, I think fighters caught cheating forfeit their rights to even the 6 month testing period prior to UFC returns. They should be required to test once every 3-4 months while suspended.

I agree. I really with the CSAC had hit him with at least a conditional 4 year suspension, and opened the door for USADA to shorten that suspension if they see fit. That way if Jones + USADA agreed on a 2-year ban, he could appeal the CSAC suspension and get it reduced. The CSAC just showed they don't have balls.

Jon is lucky that fight wasn't in Nevada state. I don't think the NSAC would be so shy.

Wasn't that only the california commision?

This post raises an interesting question. Should suspended fighters be required to undergo testing while suspended? I think they should, if they want to fight again.

There is a requirement that UFC fighters undergo a 6-month testing USADA testing period before fighting, but this is already being circumvented by "retiring" and "un-retiring" less than 6 months prior to the event.

Retirement loopholes aside, I think fighters caught cheating forfeit their rights to even the 6 month testing period prior to UFC returns. They should be required to test once every 3-4 months while suspended.
I agree. I really with the CSAC had hit him with at least a conditional 4 year suspension, and opened the door for USADA to shorten that suspension if they see fit. That way if Jones + USADA agreed on a 2-year ban, he could appeal the CSAC suspension and get it reduced. The CSAC just showed they don't have balls.

Jon is lucky that fight wasn't in Nevada state. I don't think the NSAC would be so shy.
Regardless of whether or not Jones has a license with an athletic commission, he's still in the testing pool, year-round, with USADA. And being suspended by USADA does not stop fighters from being tested.

For example, Chad Mendes was suspended back in June of 2016 and is still being tested by USADA (he was tested 5 times in 2017, with at least 1 test per quarter; he's also been tested 1 time in the first quarter of this year).

With regards to CSAC's punishment for Jones: they revoked his license, which is essentially an indefinite suspension. They didn't want to attempt to suspend him for 4 years due to past fighters (i.e. Shlemenko) managing to get courts to overturn similar suspensions. Not only does Jones have to complete whatever punishment USADA hands him (I predict a 4 year suspension), but if Jones can't prove to CSAC that he's changed his behavior they can still deny him a license.

Fuck no. NSAC would have given him four years and not let an independent body (which could be corrupted) make the call. I don't really understand it.

It was a weird call by the SAC.

Fuck no. NSAC would have given him four years and not let an independent body (which could be corrupted) make the call. I don't really understand it.

It was a weird call by the SAC.
You asked this question earlier and I already answered it:
With regards to CSAC's punishment for Jones: they revoked his license, which is essentially an indefinite suspension. They didn't want to attempt to suspend him for 4 years due to past fighters (i.e. Shlemenko) managing to get courts to overturn similar suspensions. Not only does Jones have to complete whatever punishment USADA hands him (I predict a 4 year suspension), but if Jones can't prove to CSAC that he's changed his behavior they can still deny him a license.

No tests for Conor either this year. It's really obvious they only test certain guys when they want to be tested, and then give them time off to do drugs and cycle up.

You asked this question earlier and I already answered it:
I was referring to the local athletic commission. They usually set the bar when it comes to suspensions, and they let it go to the independent body.

Counter law suits aside, it was a weird call.

He should still be in the testing pool. If he were to get lucky and get a slap on the wrist he wouldn't be able to fight for 6 months after re entering the pool.

Still hasn't tested positive this year

tenor.gif
Hahahaha

A UFC fighter who wont be fighting for the better part of half of a decade.

Did USADA give out his suspension yet?? Did I miss something

He's looking between 2-4 years. And the suspension will probably be closer to the 2 year Mark.

He's already almost served a year so I believe he'll be back in 2019

How long can the benefits of PEDs last?

Is 6 months long enough for you to lose all your roid muscle?

Back