Jon Jones: Zero USADA Tests (as of 6/6/18)

He should still be getting tested. All fighters with a failed test should. That’s the point of random testing is it not? Roster fighters should be subject to USADA as long as they are employed by the UFC.

You clearly don't understand how a lot of PED's work....
I understand completely but if I'm currently not in the UFC I can take as many PEDs as I want, if I cycle off before I join up and enter the testing pool how is that any different than an illegible fighter (JJ) taking them while he's out of the testing pool. We would need to change the entire ruleset for USADA if we want to go that far. I'm not saying I support PEDs in the slightest, I'm just saying he's out for so long we can't treat him as an active fighter anymore, not for another few years (unless USADA somehow blesses him with a pass again). I understand very well how they work, I didn't spend all those years in school learning about medicine and the body for nothing lol.

What is the point of testing him right now? They have not even handed down punishment.

To make sure he isn't juicing before he comes back? Very suspicious when you consider USADA's weak attempts to clear Jon's name.

To make sure he isn't juicing before he comes back? Very suspicious when you consider USADA's weak attempts to clear Jon's name.
This is nothing more than misinformation at best and outright lying at worst.

If your only evidence is Novitzsky, he works for the UFC, not USADA.

This is nothing more than misinformation at best and outright lying at worst.

If your only evidence is Novitzsky, he works for the UFC, not USADA.

He works with them though. You assume they do not have overlapping interests just because he is technically employed by the UFC. I don't.

TS needz a girlfriend, stop tracking the man and live your life...

He works with them though. You assume they do not have overlapping interests just because he is technically employed by the UFC. I don't.

It's like saying that Conor won't get any punishment just because his lawyers "work with" the judges. Novitzsky role and importance are getting completely blown out of proportion.

It's like saying that Conor won't get any punishment just because his lawyers "work with" the judges. Novitzsky role and importance are getting completely blown out of proportion.

USADA is mostly for PR and isn't effective at regulating MMA. Positive tests of big draws conveniently come out after the event again and again. The UFC AND USADA let Brock dodge the testing pool. You think USADA is a pure objective angel? Jones is going to get off with a lighter sentence than 3 years. Why hasn't Jones been tested in 2018? Wake the fuck up.

It would be smart if Jones is working on his game without roids but I don't think he is. I bet nothing has changed except he's probably doing more coke than roids atm.

Wake the fuck up.

We'll see, some people claimed he'd get a slap on the wrist last time and yet he got the full punishment. I really don't see how they'd justify giving him less than the guideline 4 years suspension, especially since Jones publicly insisted that he forged and ignored USADA's protocol.

USADA is mostly for PR and isn't effective at regulating MMA. Positive tests of big draws conveniently come out after the event again and again. The UFC AND USADA let Brock dodge the testing pool. You think USADA is a pure objective angel? Jones is going to get off with a lighter sentence than 3 years. Why hasn't Jones been tested in 2018? Wake the fuck up.
Jones got pulled from UFC 200, how exactly is that incident "mostly for PR"? And Jones' second failed test was the in-competition test from CSAC.

Citing one instance (Lesnar's failed drug test) as evidence that USADA is corrupt and protecting the UFC's draws hardly makes your case.

he'll enter the 6 month testing pool when he gets close to coming back

go search brocks name.. Looks like he isn't coming back till at least October

Brocktober!

Lesnar_display_image.jpg

I don't know if they test currently busted fighters. Any other similar cases? Was Barnett or JDS tested during their time?

What’s the status of this investigation does anyone know? Do they have a time limit on when a decision must be made regarding his possible suspension?

He didn’t properly declare the supposed tainted supplements. What exactly is the hold up on his official USADA suspension. He’s also a repeat program violator. Just crazy how long this is taking.

I don't know if they test currently busted fighters. Any other similar cases? Was Barnett or JDS tested during their time?
If you looked at Chad Mendes, as an example:
2016: 9 (All)
2017: 5 (All)
2018: 1 (Q1)

And he's been suspended since June 10, 2016.

The fact that USADA hasn't even tested Jones once is curious at best and worryingly suspicious at worst.
This is why it's important to read through the entire thread before posting a question ;).

Back