Jon Jones you are the biggest waste of talent EVER in all sports

Is Jon Jones the biggest waste of talent?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The problem is that Jones's resume is built off of things he did on PED's, so we don't know his actual talent level. There are a lot of guys who look awesome until their magic juice gets taken away, then all of a sudden they're gatekeepers on 3-fight losing streaks.

How is he a waste of talent? He cleaned out the division from top to bottom and we all saw it happen. The only fight we were robbed of is the Rumble fight. That's it.

Given his age and natural ability, he could have set the bar to a damn-near unreachable place in terms of legacy, title wins, etc...

His MMA career could have been Babe (Ruthian) instead of "merely great" on the level of guys like Anderson Silva, GSP, Fedor, etc...

That being said, he isn't even remotely close to being the biggest waste of talent in sports.

Idiotic comment by Dana, shocker.

Do a little research TS...Len Bias comes to mind and I didn't even have to think too much or do any research. Becoming a world champ kind of refutes this debate.

Was going to say Eric Silva but he’s still young and has plenty of time.

Idiotic comment by Dana, shocker.

Do a little research TS...Len Bias comes to mind and I didn't even have to think too much or do any research. Becoming a world champ* kind of refutes this debate.
but on what steroids?

How is he a waste of talent? He cleaned out the division from top to bottom and we all saw it happen. The only fight we were robbed of is the Rumble fight. That's it.
gus rematch, all the HW matchups... there were a good couple of years before he retired

Have to say yes.. in no other cases was the waste of talent the literal GOAT in their respective sport.

The problem is that Jones's resume is built off of things he did on PED's, so we don't know his actual talent level. There are a lot of guys who look awesome until their magic juice gets taken away, then all of a sudden they're gatekeepers on 3-fight losing streaks.

Exactly.

Impossible to assess his natural talent because he cheated.

BJ Penn has got to be up there too in MMA at least.

I think it's that he did so much and could of done so much more, instead he will be remembered as a juicer.

It's Barry bonds all over again.

but on what steroids?

I didn't know this debate was limited to steroid failures...Len Bias OD'd on coke right after being picked #2 by the Celtics and never making a dime.

says Dana White

I have to agree

DUI
DUI
PEDS
PEDS

Not really sure that makes sense to me....now if Jon got into all this trouble, years ago...before he became champion, then I could agree with that....but as of now...He's considered the GOAT...best of all time...so how is that a waste of talent....he has 1 failed drug test do to roids...a very shady test...testing negative throughout..only positive after the fight...But, he's already cemented himself as best of all time...that's not a waste of talent...that's making damm good use of talent...

Of course not. Ridiculous suggestion. He's not even the biggest waste of talent in MMA. He became champion and made millions of dollars, his talent brought him pretty far (with a "little" help).

Exactly this. he became not only world champion..but an undefeated world champion...and considered the best of all time...

I didn't know this debate was limited to steroid failures...Len Bias OD'd on coke right after being picked #2 by the Celtics and never making a dime.

they said he died from an unidentified heart condition...he may have done coke...but that didn't cause his death...at least from what I remember.

Yes, but he became champ and had a huge undefeated run. He went further than virtually every other fighter.

Biggest waste of talent would be a phenom who went nowhere for whatever reason.
What do you mean went further than every other fighter?

Back