Jon Jones wouldn't have the balls to fight Stipe.

I think he would.
After seeing him bulk up with all those weights and roids I actually think he was aiming for HW.

Sure, maybe he was campaigning for "the right matchup" first and foremost (moneyfight with Lesnar) but I think he would dare to fight Stipe sooner or later if he had cleaned out LHW.

But who knows if fans would ever agree he had fully cleaned out LHW, or if we would've wanted him to stick around forever.
I mean, Volkan flew in from nowhere and became a contender in 6 months.

If Jones had not gotten suspended, he would've probably been expected to fight Volkan.
Gus 2 would be popular as well.
And even though a DC 3 rematch seems unnecessary, some fans would probably say DC should earn another try just cause he's retiring.
Or if Jones had been popped and got a light suspension they'd say "Let's see if Jones without PEDs can handle DC"
Here is the thing, after the St. Preux fight, you will NEVER see jones without PEDs again. With all of the attention in the world on him, he still couldn't take a chance on fighting Cormier without them.

Jones is a fuck up who fought on PEDs his entire career. DC is a boss.

upload_2018-1-27_0-37-41.png

He's got much bigger problems right now than any HW..

jones would annihilate stipe...better striking better wrestling better everywhere. stipes only chance is the size difference but the skill gap is too great

Given that the specifically said he didn't want to fight the HW champ, it would indeed be a leap.

Newz to me man if he said that, but calling out fighting Brock facing Stipe not a leap...

Jones would break down Stipe like he does everyone else.

lol Jon only faced one guy that could sock him in the face, and he arguably lost, and that's on PEDs. This guy is bigger and better, even Jon admitted himself he didn't want that.

he doesnt even have the balls to keep his dick up without help lol

He called out a cardio deprived HW with no stand up. Lol. He didn't call out the champ. Jones is only ped goat at lhw. He ain't ready for lhw. He's scurred

Say it enough times to yourself even you\ll tart to believe your own wordz...

DF9kec_VYAE4939.jpg

Magalodon you are an assho for ragging on a handicap, hopefully you don't and won't have any

OH, now I remember! It wasn't anything to do with fear more on the level that Stipe didn't have that mad fan base and yes that Stipe was a talented big man, but his rejection was more based on draw numbers...
Do you actually believe that? He explicitly says he's waiting for a perfect match-up. Beating Stipe would be the biggest accomplishment of his career, and you think he doesn't want it because it would be slightly less popular?

The draw numbers are clearly an excuse, and if you disagree I don't know what to tell you. Surely nobody would be foolish enough to take Jones at his word anymore, right?

Jones struggled with Alex's reach, size and boxing, when you add legit HW KO power to that it would be a very bad fight for Jones.
/Thread.

Now don't get me wrong. I think Cormier is going to get slaughtered in this fight with Stipe. But I have to give him credit for having the balls to take it.

Back