Jon Jones would DESTROY Stipe Miocic | Page 11

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MescalineDreams, Apr 28, 2017.

?

Could Jones Get A Win Over Stipe?

1. Yes

30.0%
  2. No

56.3%
  3. He'll never go to HW

13.7%
  1. ermac88 Black Belt

ermac88
  2. MMA__Analyst Blue Belt

MMA__Analyst
    I think if Jones can avoid getting held against the cage, and can get octagon control he cna win. Keep Stipe at bay with kicks, his reach, and body shots, that stipe hasn't really experienced yet at HW. I think Jones can take Stipe down and bust him up on the ground. We havent really seen any HW try to take Stipe down, and we havent seen Stipe's ground skills or submission game, so if Jones gets him to the ground it will be intresting and very bad for stipe.

Its a very winnable fight for Jones, however if Stipe can pressure Jones and keep him against the cage and then land clean, he could easily KO Jones. Stipe has dynamite in his fists.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  3. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    Same page.

4. Caicara Green Belt

Caicara
    Jones adapts. He gets it in a 5 rounder by Miocic slowing down and Jones deciphering him.

5. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    All I know, from this conversation, is that you don't know what you are talking about.

6. Dbreiden83080 Gold Belt

Dbreiden83080
    Mark Hunt could not even land against Brock, his chances are better at winning powerball than hitting Jones. Jones would humiliate Hunt in a fight.

Cuauhtemoc and Inertia Creeps like this.
  7. ermac88 Black Belt

ermac88
    I dont know what Im talking about and you think Jones is in shape at 240lbs
    He cuts 40lbs of weight for a fight?
    He cuts 40lbs of weight for a fight?

I dont know what im talking about?

Okay, thanks!

8. cheesus Red Belt

cheesus
    Could ? Yeah sure it's possible, Would he ? It seems unlikely, although we've never really seen him at that weight. Something leads me to believe he doesn't have much faith in his abilities at a higher weight class, maybe sparring or grappling exchanges with Overeem or AA have humbled him.

9. now what? Blue Belt

now what?
    [​IMG] EASILY ONE OF THE MOST PUKE WORTHY GIFS OF ALL TIME lmao

10. TrueFightFan Fight Purist

TrueFightFan
    He trains year round but only cuts for fights. Again, the WHOLE POINT OF THis "DEBATE" IS THAT HE CUTS. You've admitted that he cuts so why can't you admit he's a natural heavyweight? Listen, I understand that you dont want to lose an argument but don't lie to yourself to win it.

11. Inertia Creeps Yellow Belt

Inertia Creeps
    Jones with a year of lifting/bulking up to not be undersized at HW takes Stipe down at will and either caves his face in with hellbows or submits him within 3 rounds.

Everyone who is desperate to see Jones lose loves to assume he's just going to oblige these fat, slow, geriatric heavyweights in a stand and bang contest when he'd be easily capable and willing to just take them down and never even give them the chance to land clean with some telegraphed haymaker. No one in the UFC save maybe (and that's a big maybe) a heavyweight DC that doesn't have to drain himself cutting weight is capable of stopping Jones at 230-240+ lbs from taking them down and controlling them, certainly not Stipe.

If Werdum didn't have the fight IQ of a toddler and wasn't pushing 40 I'd say he's the one guy that could give Jones real problems because he would definitely be capable of submitting Jones off his back, but I think he's too old and doesn't fight intelligently enough to do it at this point in his career.

ermac88 and Gregoire1 like this.
  12. Cuauhtemoc Red Belt

Cuauhtemoc
    Stipe, JDS, Werdum and Cain could give Jones trouble at HW. Cain is always injured, Werdum is old and JDS may be on the decline too though.

UFC stats apart, Stipe and Jones reach are probably similar(except for eye pokes as jones has super long fingers) and keeping him at bay will be as hard as keeping Gus at bay. If Stipe uses the gus strategy of pushing him off the clinch and boxing he might win.

13. tat2man5k Brown Belt

tat2man5k
    Yes, he COULD. However, remember what Stipe did to Fabio that Glover COULDN'T do? That weight difference is real.

Cooliox likes this.
  14. Pseudo Sane Brown Belt

Pseudo Sane
    If Jones thought he could fight at HW and succeed, he would be there already.

Stipe should be a pretty easy favourite to squish Jones. Bigger, stronger man with good boxing, good wrestling and a similar reach. Basically a bigger, tougher version of Gus.

Jones only known weakness so far is he doesn't do well fighting someone the same size as him. His whole game is about distance control. Jones cannot hope to dominate Stipe wrestling, and Stipe is probably a better pure boxer, so I see Jones getting hit a lot.

And Stipe puts fuckers to sleep. His last 5 fights have been (T)KO wins, 3 over legendary chins (Werdum, JDS and Hunt). I doubt Jones has ever been touched with the power Stipe has in his fists. Jones has never fought someone with Stipe's power.

15. Franklin U. Silver Belt

Franklin U.
    I don't know about destroy but he'd be favored

ermac88 likes this.
  16. BGDDYKWL Black Belt

BGDDYKWL
    He "could", but I'd favor Stipe. Size matters. Sure skill can overcome it, but when you're talking two champions, 20 pounds is gonna make a difference. Another huge problem for Jones is he doesn't even have LHW power, so anything he throws at HW the guys will be able to walk right through.

17. Cooliox Gold Belt

Cooliox
    underrated post

Glover hit Fabio with some serious bombs, and Glover kept going... Meanwhile Stipe tags him with a 1-2 and he crumbles.

The power difference is real

18. theantso Blue Belt

theantso
    188 people have voted wrong so far.

Yes JBj could win over Stipe - anyone not thinking so are idiots. But i think what they meant is its more than likely Stipe who´ll win, but to say JBJ cannot get a win nor has a chance is simply being ignorant. Same is it with him "destroying" Stipe. Ignorant.

But yes JBJ could get a win over him. But both the vote and the title is pretty stupid lol.

19. I_IZ_BACK Purple Belt

I_IZ_BACK
    <TrumpWrong1>

20. MCS let's dance

MCS
    Not sure how Jones would do at HW since it depends on his chin. Stipe's a hard puncher and fights long, usually finds his target. And Jones' lack of KO power and inability to take LHW's of his gen down makes it harder for him at HW.

Tough to win a decision against Jon if you don't hurt him, though. He'll be up in strike count. Common sense says Stipe will walk him down, shrug off his clinch attempts and eventually TKO him.