Jon Jones vs Yoel Romero

Yoel can beat this version of Jones (clean no roids)
jon%2Bjones%2Bfat.jpg

apparently fighters don't evolve according to you. also Feijao was legit back then. it was yoel's 5th MMA fight. he went on to KO former lhw champ, Machida, and former MW champ, Weidman,

And apparently fighters don't decline, either. Machida was a shell of his LHW champion self when he fought Yoel. And even a much better Machida was no match for Jones.

Jones is a good fighter, not great. The reason no one has won against him is because no one so far has gameplanned for him correctly

They all chase him down like morons only to be oblique kicked and elbowed

A good counter fighter will make him come to them and beat him soundly. The LHW division needs a Cody Garbrandt but I'm not sure when that will happen

apparently fighters don't evolve according to you. also Feijao was legit back then. it was yoel's 5th MMA fight. he went on to KO former lhw champ, Machida, and former MW champ, Weidman,
not at 205 pounds, where your fight is proposed with the LHW GOAT...

at 205. who do you got, and why?
Yoel got infinitely lucky with this streak he's had. He's really just a good wrestler with somewhat heavy hands, who uses cheap tricks to win fights. He won't get past Rockhold, Jacare or Weidman a second time.
Jones, Rumble or DC would simply murder him.

against a very mediocre opponent with a smaller gas tank than Yoel...
IlliterateKeenIriomotecat.gif

conclusion; Yoel should not fight the LHW GOAT.

Are you serious? If you didn't realize, it's year 2017.. Bro!

Weidman was taking Yoel down so I can imagine Jones doing so effortlessly (the challenge is often keeping a good wrestler down, not taking them down though).

I don't see a reason how Yoel could do better than DC at his best.

Yoel got infinitely lucky with this streak he's had. He's really just a good wrestler with somewhat heavy hands, who uses cheap tricks to win fights. He won't get past Rockhold, Jacare or Weidman a second time.
Jones, Rumble or DC would simply murder him.

He won't beat Jacare or Weidman a second time?

If he beat both once each isn't that kind of like beating one of them twice?

Jones almost lost against Vitor. Romero could give him problems although I would bet on Jones just based on his size and range control.

Jones almost lost against Vitor. Romero could give him problems although I would bet on Jones just based on his size and range control.
You mean when for a few seconds Jones was in a tight arm bar? You're logic is that since Vitor almost got a hail marry sub on Jon Jones, that Yoel somehow has a chance?

You mean when for a few seconds Jones was in a tight arm bar? You're logic is that since Vitor almost got a hail marry sub on Jon Jones, that Yoel somehow has a chance?
Yes. Jones is beatablenlike anyone else and Yoel has extreme athleticism and has more than a punchers chance.

Agreed and jones is my most hated fighter. I got to be real, though. He's a stud
Yeah I don't like him but I don't hate him. Hard to argue he's not the goat. He's got have the most impressive resume around imo

Yeah I don't like him but I don't hate him. Hard to argue he's not the goat. He's got have the most impressive resume around imo
The only thing keeping him from goat status (imo) is not competing at HW. I'd love to see him vs the top 5. He's lhw goat and it's not even close. DC is my favorite active fighter btw.

Back