Jon Jones vs Jan Blachowicz is fight to make

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
4 wins in a row. Other fighters have fights and Gus fought 1 year and 4 months ago.
Jan want that fight

Horrible matchup for Jan IMO. Jones vs Gus is the fight.

Nah, Jones vs Gus is the fight to make even though Gus doesn't deserve it

Jan vs the winner of OSP/Reyes

Jones walks through him. Not interested.

JJ would blow the doors off this bum. The funny thing is Gus had to panic wrestle Jan after getting pieced up in their match

I'm all for Jones getting a tune up-match before fighting Gus.

Gus should have one too. Ring rust is real. Let's see both of those guys in their perfect form. Let's see them destroy opponents on the same card, then facing each other.

GTFOH! We have only got to see Jones 3 times and fight just 2 fighters in the past 4+ years. This guy fucks up and we will be lucky to see him fight another 2 or 3 times in his entire career. Put him against the best and no more scrubs. I want to see this HW ducker that smashed on middleweights for his whole life to fight men his own size and skill level.

Jony Bones deserves a name and a name only...

hqdefault.jpg

GTFOH! We have only got to see Jones 3 times and fight just 2 fighters in the past 4+ years. This guy fucks up and we will be lucky to see him fight another 2 or 3 times in his entire career. Put him against the best and no more scrubs. I want to see this HW ducker that smashed on middleweights for his whole life to fight men his own size and skill level.

If you can make weight for every fight (which Jones always did with zero problems), you're not a "ducker" and you're fighting guys your weight (size is irrelevant). Your comment may apply to WW versions of Rumble or Till, but not Jones.

I'm all for Jones getting a tune up-match before fighting Gus.

Gus should have one too. Ring rust is real. Let's see both of those guys in their perfect form. Let's see them destroy opponents on the same card, then facing each other.
Gus would get injured and Jones would mess up after the tune up fight and it will take another 4 years before they fight again.

Gus would get injured and Jones would mess up after the tune up fight and it will take another 4 years before they fight again.

Yeah, I actually thought of that. But what's the point of having them fight if they still can't keep out of trouble afterwards? Be that injuries or legal problems of any kind. Then we're stuck with that fight and a division still in Limbo. Why not have the both of them destroy some opponent, and then - finally - have a rematch. It would be much more hyped by then. Honestly I'm not sure how much of a hype Gus- Jones carry at the moment amongst the filthy casuals.

These shurgoggers nut huggers gonna be surprised when Jones gets KTFO by Big boys

With Jon's propensity to get suspended I don't want ANY filler fights.

Let's see Jones vs Gus for vacant LHW strap

Winner fights winner of D.C. Vs Lesnar (as long as D.C. Doesn't retire with the belt)

I don't see how rewarding a repeatedly busted cheater with yet another immediate #1 contenders fight immediately after his suspension can ever be considered the fight to make. Had Jones been suspended for the first time and his track record would otherwise be fine, absolutely, that would be an interesting fight. But given the circumstances there's no way they should let him jump the line. Were it up to me I'd throw him straight in with some serious lower ranked competition like Dominick Reyes or Anthony Smith (who of course has already been booked for a fight with Oezdemir) while making sure JJ is tested sufficiently in the weeks leading up to the fight and let the top light-heavyweights carry on the way they would've if Jones had been suspended for the full duration of his original sentence. Should Jones win that fight, which if he's been fighting clean most of the time as he and his fans like to claim should be a likely scenario, then we can think about putting him against the likes of Blachowicz, Oezdemir and Gustafsson to earn a shot at the champion.

Realistically speaking though - the next man to challenge Cormier should be Gustafsson. Now we don't know when Cormier will defend his LHW championship again. If it could still go down this year, DC vs Gus should be the absolute priority. In that case using Jones and his star power will be used to put him up against the most promising contender climbing up the rankings in the division, that would indeed be Blachowicz or maybe also Latifi. Except for Gus and maybe Oezdemir those are the only guys to beat that would currently warrant a title shot. Should DC not fight this year the doors would be open for a Jones vs Gustafsson rematch, of course, and Blachowicz would have to wait for the winner of that to face the champ before he gets his turn. Not because it's fair, just because it's what the UFC would do. There's more money/attention in that rematch than in any Blachowicz fight, that's the sad truth.

Back