Jon Jones vs Dillon Danis

We have the absolute division in bjj to determine who is really the best.
Sort of, but if you have a guy that's 6'4" 210 against a 5'6" 145, the massive size difference comes into play and that has nothing to do with "the best" jiu jitsu.

Sort of, but if you have a guy that's 6'4" 210 against a 5'6" 145, the massive size difference comes into play and that has nothing to do with "the best" jiu jitsu.

Of course size has little to with being more skilled than someone. So does a lot of other attributes like height, strength and cardio.

Taking P4P rankings seriously seems to imply that somehow being strong for your size is somehow equally valuable to being strong in general.

they help with anacondas and darce chokes which wrestlers turned BJJ'ers love....jus sayin
This is true. And Jones' long arms would help those like you said. He was going for those style chokes even in his earliest ufc fights and I bet he is much better at them now. The flip side though against someone like Danis is those chokes are 2 of his best techniques and I know this wasn't your point. But I think Danis would be able to stay out of trouble of both. Danis is one of the better guys out there right now with arm triangle style chokes.

Back