Jon Jones vs Dillon Danis

That would be awesome although, under sub grappling rules, bones doesn't have much of a shot

Danis is what, 5,10" 185? Jones is 6'5" 230. Why not give Jones someone his own age(not Dan Henderson) and his own size or at least close. Buchecha, Abreu, Trans or heck see if Roger wants to humble him.

The goal of the match up is to give an opponent Jones actually has a chance against. Against Buchecha Jones would just get rolfstomped. A small skilled grappler like Danis makes a much more fun match up than getting a bigger likely washed out mma fighter.

That could be a fun roll.
The size difference might however be too much for DD.

The goal of the match up is to give an opponent Jones actually has a chance against. Against Buchecha Jones would just get rolfstomped. A small skilled grappler like Danis makes a much more fun match up than getting a bigger likely washed out mma fighter.
Or an old timer like Lovato jr, Xnde, Brulio.

I don't know much about Dillon Danis. How good is he actually?

Is he like Rafael Mendes high level or is he like Ryan Hall high level?

I think Jones could take him down and stall his way to a draw/win (if there are points, I forgot if there are points).

In between the 2 for nogi. Rafa is a high bar.......

No one in the world is Rafa mendes high. He's p4p the best.

I think you guys are underrating jones, don't forget how talented the guy is. If he is focused on grappling during his little vacation to the timeout corner, 100% he'll quickly pick up with world beaters.

Remember how a green Weidman game Galvao all he could handle back in the day; a guy who can succeed at the top plane in MMA today has rare ability.

Last edited:
I think you guys are underrating jones, don't forget how talented the guy is. If he is focused on grappling during his little vacation to the timeout corner, 100% he'll quickly pick up with world beaters.

Remember how a green Weidman game Galvao all he could handle back in the day; a guy who can succeed at the top plane in MMA today has rare ability.
I agree, that's why I say give him someone his size and age.

would buchecha win yes. I haven't gone completely insane..

but would he destroy jon?...... imo no.

Jacksons and AKA attract Top BJJ,Wrestling, and MT talent from everywhere. Jon has wrestled Olympic wrestlers and NCAA champs at jackson's and from what I can gather held his own.

And I Know some top shelf BJJ talent has to come through Jacksons every now and then so jones wouldn't be loss in a NOGI match against an Elite grappler.

and lets be honest about bones the man is an intrinsically gifted with the ease in which martial arts seems t once in a generation talent combined with freakish genetics.

he outwrestled an Olympian in Cormier

He out struck a Guy in Machida that's been doing karate since before he could walk.

He beat Shogun with Muay Thai.

He made Bonner look silly to the point where it looked like bonner had never trained.

he def wouldn't get destroyed imho esp in NOGI

weidman was a much better wrestler than jones

If jones dedicates his training fully to grappling, I believe he could be a force.

Actually, I would favor him vs someone with traditional style much more than someone liek Gordon ryan.

completely agree

once in a generation talent combined with freakish genetics.

Freakishly long arms help a lot more in eyepoking someone rather than in BJJ.
Will see how he does against Dillion.
If Danis taps him we can safely assume Buchecha would have annihilated Jones without breaking a sweat.

Freakishly long arms help a lot more in eyepoking someone rather than in BJJ.
Will see how he does against Dillion.
If Danis taps him we can safely assume Buchecha would have annihilated Jones without breaking a sweat.

they help with anacondas and darce chokes which wrestlers turned BJJ'ers love....jus sayin

Back