*Jon Jones Vs Daniel Cormier: Who gets it and how?*

Thus why I said "relatively". Do you really think he looked good in that fight? He won because he is so much better than OSP, that even at 50% he dominated.

Point being that that Jones would get dominated by DC, badly.

Is DC 6'3 with a long reach? DC brings the fight to Jones. He has to because he is short. Jones had to chase OSP all over the cage.. Anderson had fights like that in his prime. Hard to fight at your best when the other guy doesn't want to fight.

DC by decision.

Jones. Cormier is older, lost the first time around, and has been struggling to make weight.

I think it's not going to be pretty.

People don't understand how significant two years can be past your mid thirties in performance.

People don't understand how significant two years can be past your mid thirties in performance.

Especially in a long fight. Jones put damage on his body the first time. Rounds 3-5 at age 38, with a tough weight cut. Not easy.. DC was more in his physical prime last time at age 35. And that was the best shape I have ever seen him in.

Especially in a long fight. Jones put damage on his body the first time. Rounds 3-5 at age 38, with a tough weight cut. Not easy.. DC was more in his physical prime last time at age 35. And that was the best shape I have ever seen him in.

Yep. I am almost 33, work out six times a week and am in great shape. Still, every year, however, I feel a bit mellower and less capable of pushing as hard.

Testosterone just keeps going down. That means you just don't have the same drive and capacity to plow through. Not to mention damage accumulation and a slower metabolism making weight cuts more difficult.

Is DC 6'3 with a long reach? DC brings the fight to Jones. He has to because he is short. Jones had to chase OSP all over the cage.. Anderson had fights like that in his prime. Hard to fight at your best when the other guy doesn't want to fight.

I get your point. But you can't honestly tell me JJ looked good. And OPS vs DC is apples to oranges. Not really relevant except that Jone has lost something.

Yep. I am almost 33, work out six times a week and am in great shape. Still, every year, however, I feel a bit mellower and less capable of pushing as hard.

Testosterone just keeps going down. That means you just don't have the same drive and capacity to plow through. Not to mention damage accumulation and a slower metabolism making weight cuts more difficult.

I am 36 and physically I still feel really good playing tennis and lifting weights. I played in college so I am not nearly as fast but still pretty quick. But he is fighting a younger lion here. And in fighting that damage adds up as you age fast..

I get your point. But you can't honestly tell me JJ looked good. And OPS vs DC is apples to oranges. Not really relevant except that Jone has lost something.

What looked bad? He badly outstruck and outgrappled him. OSP landed literally one punch the whole fight that was hard..

I am 36 and physically I still feel really good playing tennis and lifting weights. I played in college so I am not nearly as fast but still pretty quick. But he is fighting a younger lion here. And in fighting that damage adds up as you age fast..

The irony is that athletes can sometimes both age more quickly as a result of pronounced damage accumulation, and at the same time be in great shape. Training and sustaining damage puts a lot of stress in the body. And aging is nothing but the accumulation of damage that the body sustains as a result of its normal operation.

Cormier has the advantage of having been a latecomer to MMA, so he hasn't suffered nearly as badly as someone like Overeem, who can barely be touched before crumbling. He has sustained a few bad injuries, and been in some grueling wars. But at least he hasn't been flattened out many times.

Still, my bet is that Jones will look ferocious and will overwhelm him. Cormier has a solid damn chance in the first two rounds, though.

Last edited:
Ring rust would affect Jones?

What are the chances this fight ends inside the distance?
Anyone who ventures a guess, is doing just that.

No one knows how Jon will come back. No one knows what DC could do to improve, since he knows that the Jon he fought before (active, but coke addict) is definitely not the Jon he is getting now (clean, 2 years break and a terrible showing against OSP in his last fight).

This all hinges in which version of Jon we will see inside the octagon, and no fan knows that for sure to claim they positively know what would happen.

it can be, but usually that's attributable to damage and wear/tear. not saying that's not the case with DC though, not sure what injuries he had from his longgg wrestling career.

Back