Jon Jones v OSP

gazbones

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Has anyone on Sherdog ever watched the Jon OSP fight? Being dead serious, because you'd think Jon was in some kind of trouble or looked slow/gassed out at some point? It was by far his most dominant decision and he didn't break a sweat or get our of 1st gear....and that's after 15 months off..

No.

Pretty sure you're the only person to have seen it.

You're cutting edge, bro.

7e05cfb0d554c683769a319b95183ccc84f74d226488b8f3de7bd00b240d2bc1.jpg

Way way easier
I was speaking in terms of the approach. DC looked "harder" because of that useless zombie pressure, but by the end of round 3, Jon Jones had mentally broken DC. DC wasn't even fighting to win at that point, he was just hanging on to not look like a bitch.

I was speaking in terms of the approach. DC looked "harder" because of that useless zombie pressure, but by the end of round 3, Jon Jones had mentally broken DC. DC wasn't even fighting to win at that point, he was just hanging on to not look like a bitch.

Mentally broke by the end of round 3?

He was winning the fight at that point.

His corner told him to change his game plan and spam TD's in between rounds 3 and 4, which lead to him losing the the last 2 rounds.

Mentally broke by the end of round 3?
He was winning the fight at that point.
His corner told him to change his game plan and spam TD's in between rounds 3 and 4, which lead to him losing the the last 2 rounds.
At the end of Round 3, DC goes to his corner and slumps on his stool with his head down. His coaches advise him to keep his head up, and implore him to do more, and he responds by saying "I am trying." The man was broken. LOL

The problem is it was against OSP, who has since shown himself to be barely top 10. Contrast that with Jones steamrolling everyone not named Cormier and Gus and it is his worst performance. That's not even mentioning that it his only fight post USADA that he didn't fail a drug test for PEDs.

The problem is it was against OSP, who has since shown himself to be barely top 10. Contrast that with Jones steamrolling everyone not named Cormier and Gus and it is his worst performance. That's not even mentioning that it his only fight post USADA that he didn't fail a drug test for PEDs.
MMAMath doesn't work. GSP was KO'd by a TUF contender. There are a few 155ers, not ranked in the UFC, who will beat Conor McGregor inside one round.

MMAMath doesn't add up.

Has anyone on Sherdog ever watched the Jon OSP fight? Being dead serious, because you'd think Jon was in some kind of trouble or looked slow/gassed out at some point? It was by far his most dominant decision and he didn't break a sweat or get our of 1st gear....and that's after 15 months off..
Yeah I honestly dont know what fight people were watching.

It was Jones easiest decision. He incurred no damage, picked OSP apart and broke his arm in the process.

The fight wasnt remotely competitive

OSP is really helpless on the ground, he just isn't a good fighter. I was in no way surprised that Jones took him down multiple times and not worrying about anything he had offer.

MMAMath doesn't work. GSP was KO'd by a TUF contender. There are a few 155ers, not ranked in the UFC, who will beat Conor McGregor inside one round.

MMAMath doesn't add up.

Who is using MMA math? MMA math is A beat B and B beat C so A would beat C. I'm saying he looked more dominant against better competition than OSP and that (along with the aformentioned drug positives) leads people to say it is his worst performance.

By saying Jones never got out of first gear, you're essentially agreeing that he didn't look great. If you're actually trying to analyze his performance, you can't just look at the result; the opponent matters. And his opponent was OSP, who is an extremely limited fighter. The only reason OSP has been ranked is that LHW is awful; there's a huge drop-off after the top four or five guys.

This is the same OSP who was finished by Manuwa and Glover. The same OSP who has zero top 10 wins. And let's not forget that OSP took the fight on 3 weeks' notice.

It seemed pretty obvious that Jones looked gun shy and a bit confused against OSP. It seems equally obvious that Jones has problems with guys who have similar height and reach. Yes, he won easily. But that doesn't mean he looked good. It simply represents the fact that he faced a hopelessly outmatched opponent.

By saying Jones never got out of first gear, you're essentially agreeing that he didn't look great. If you're actually trying to analyze his performance, you can't just look at the result; the opponent matters. And his opponent was OSP, who is an extremely limited fighter. The only reason OSP has been ranked is that LHW is awful; there's a huge drop-off after the top four or five guys.

This is the same OSP who was finished by Manuwa and Glover. The same OSP who has zero top 10 wins. And let's not forget that OSP took the fight on 3 weeks' notice.

It seemed pretty obvious that Jones looked gun shy and a bit confused against OSP. It seems equally obvious that Jones has problems with guys who have similar height and reach. Yes, he won easily. But that doesn't mean he looked good. It simply represents the fact that he faced a hopelessly outmatched opponent.
He could've very well won that Glover fight, not sure why you mentioned it as if it was a wipe out? And he KO'd Shogun in Brazil, he's a tricky awkward guy on short notice.

He could've very well won that Glover fight, not sure why you mentioned it as if it was a wipe out? And he KO'd Shogun in Brazil, he's a tricky awkward guy on short notice.
I mentioned it because Glover finished him. Seems self-explanatory. A better question is why are you mentioning the Shogun fight? Shogun was unranked and in the middle of losing 4 out of 5 fights, while being finished in 3 of them.

Like I said, OSP has ZERO top 10 wins in his career. Let that sink in.

At the end of Round 3, DC goes to his corner and slumps on his stool with his head down. His coaches advise him to keep his head up, and implore him to do more, and he responds by saying "I am trying." The man was broken. LOL

How was he broken if he won that round and the second round. The 3rd round was his best round.

He looked better in that fight than he did in the first DC fight

DC's biased commentary during the fight swayed a lot of people.

Back