Jon Jones Team STILL hasn’t found anything to blame this on...

Great post. BUT, I'd like to point out that I'm pretty certain both USADA and the commission have stated that the maximum sanction he could receive in this case is 4 years.

Jones (and his team) is the one who's pushed things back, not the CSAC or USADA.

No, he never said that. Stupid Sherbros just spewing crap that someone else made up.

He's legally allowed to form a defense and has asked for additional time to do so, and yes it happens all the time in pretty much all legal proceedings. As for the extra time, it won't help Jones find an excuse but the distance from the test failure may make it less newsworthy when it finally does happen. Also, since most suspensions end up being retroactive to the failed test date, him delaying things doesn't impact his return date. And if he still has any sponsors the delay tactic may/may not allow him to continue to get paid until the hearing date.

Yes. I think, but am not sure, by multiple women. At least I know his girlfriend and baby mommy ain't the same person.

DC is the champ, no undoing that now. Jones won't be "cleared". ZERO chance of that. Last time he got the maximum penalty and he's looking at a solid 48-54 months this time. But let's say he somehow found something with Turinabol in it that didn't list it or any other banned sustance on the label. And let's say Jon declared this supplement on his pre-test supplement form. Even IF all that happened, and I want to stress to the less intelligent that's NOT going to happen, but if in some hypothetical, parallel universe it did, Jones would still get suspended because last time he was found "reckless". The verdict was that Jones didn't knowingly cheat (lol) but that he was "reckless" with what he put into his body and he received the maximum suspension. This time he's popped for a substance with a 2 year baseline suspension, and it's his second USADA failed test so that's doubled to 4 years. In addition he could receive +/- 2 years for Aggravating Circumstances, that's why I expect he'll end up getting 48-54 months. The full 48 month suspension plus a little bit because he's a complete fuckup... err... "Aggravating Circumstances". They could give him 72 months but I think that's extremely unlikely since that really is a career ender, but I think they tack on a little to set an example and to insure everyone understands even the "stars" get penalized when they cheat.

Haters, Bones is GOAT!

83139724.gif

What if I told you a millionaire MMA fighter eventually went through all his money within five years of getting suspended for multiple PED infractions?

Broke, part 2. An all-new ESPN 30 for 30. Premiering February 20, 2023.
Your scenario seems more realistic to me.

But this dude lands on his feet like a Trump, so far.

According to the official UFC Anti-Doping policy it's not. The substance (turinabol) has a 2 year baseline suspension, which is double because this is Jones' second offense. In addition there is the Aggravating Circumstance part of the policy which can +/- 2 years. So depending upon how they find the Aggravating Circumstances, he could get anywhere from 2 years (4 years - 2 years for Agg.Circ.) up to 6 years (4 years + 2 years for Agg. Circ.).

The last time Jones popped, they decided not to add or subtract anything for Agg. Circ. but this time I think they're likely to add a little. In the Romero and Means cases I believe the official reason for their lesser suspensions was due to Agg. Circ. The policy specifically states intent to cheat isn't necessary, and does some multiple times:
"2.1.1 It is each Athlete’s personal duty to ensure that no Prohibited Substance enters his or her body. Athletes are responsible for any Prohibited Substance or its Metabolites or Markers found to be present in their Samples. Accordingly, it is not necessary that intent, Fault, negligence or knowing Use on the Athlete’s part be demonstrated in order to establish an Anti-Doping Policy Violation under Article 2.1."

"2.2.1 It is each Athlete’s personal duty to ensure that no Prohibited Substance enters his or her body and that no Prohibited Method is
Used. Accordingly, it is not necessary that intent, Fault, negligence or knowing Use on the Athlete’s part be demonstrated in order to establish an Anti-Doping Policy Violation for Use of a Prohibited Substance or a Prohibited Method
."

The actual language regarding Aggravating Circumstances:
"10.2.3 The period of Ineligibility may be increased up to an additional two years where Aggravating Circumstances are present."

And when failing a test, if the athlete promptly admits it, then they aren't subject to additional Agg. Circ. time added on (Whereas Jones has twice now done the opposite by trying to blame someone/something else and fight the violation)
"10.6.3 Prompt Admission of an Anti-Doping Policy Violation Where an Athlete or other Person promptly admits the asserted Anti-Doping Policy Violation after being confronted by USADA, that may be considered as a mitigating factor when the period of Ineligibility established by these Anti-Doping Policies is set forth as a high/low range. It shall also eliminate the possibility of sanction on account of Aggravating Circumstances."

So the maximum suspension per official Policy is 6 years, however I don't think Jones will end up getting the full 6 years. I think he'll get the full 4 years + a little extra to drive home to him the severity of what he's done, yet again, and to convince everyone else not to attempt to use the "tainted supplement" excuse to try to cover for policy violations.

All I'm saying is that's what every article states when talking about the possible USADA/commission sanctions.

Could be wrong. But if I am, a lot of others are wrong too. You're right though: No way he gets six years even if that's a possible sanction.

Jones (and his team) is the one who's pushed things back, not the CSAC or USADA.

No, he never said that. Stupid Sherbros just spewing crap that someone else made up.

He's legally allowed to form a defense and has asked for additional time to do so, and yes it happens all the time in pretty much all legal proceedings. As for the extra time, it won't help Jones find an excuse but the distance from the test failure may make it less newsworthy when it finally does happen. Also, since most suspensions end up being retroactive to the failed test date, him delaying things doesn't impact his return date. And if he still has any sponsors the delay tactic may/may not allow him to continue to get paid until the hearing date.

Yes. I think, but am not sure, by multiple women. At least I know his girlfriend and baby mommy ain't the same person.

DC is the champ, no undoing that now. Jones won't be "cleared". ZERO chance of that. Last time he got the maximum penalty and he's looking at a solid 48-54 months this time. But let's say he somehow found something with Turinabol in it that didn't list it or any other banned sustance on the label. And let's say Jon declared this supplement on his pre-test supplement form. Even IF all that happened, and I want to stress to the less intelligent that's NOT going to happen, but if in some hypothetical, parallel universe it did, Jones would still get suspended because last time he was found "reckless". The verdict was that Jones didn't knowingly cheat (lol) but that he was "reckless" with what he put into his body and he received the maximum suspension. This time he's popped for a substance with a 2 year baseline suspension, and it's his second USADA failed test so that's doubled to 4 years. In addition he could receive +/- 2 years for Aggravating Circumstances, that's why I expect he'll end up getting 48-54 months. The full 48 month suspension plus a little bit because he's a complete fuckup... err... "Aggravating Circumstances". They could give him 72 months but I think that's extremely unlikely since that really is a career ender, but I think they tack on a little to set an example and to insure everyone understands even the "stars" get penalized when they cheat.

I actually didnt follow it so closely, seems ridiculous to chalk it up to him being "reckless". Yeah, a very good fighter, with juiced up NFL brothers with ties to high grade stuff just HAPPENS to be reckless about being juiced the fuck up. Seriously with how much jon jones has done, any other normal fighter would've been forced to retire by now and serve jail time.

yes, the illegal substance he was snorting was cut with another illegal substance therefore he's innocent

He probably asked for more time because he was in the middle of a steroid cycle and don't want to get caught by a surprise drug test in the hearing.

Back