Jon Jones Team STILL hasn’t found anything to blame this on...

You're starting with the presumption that his supplement was not tainted, the tainted is used to suggest that the same machine that the manufacturer used to pack his supplement pill was used before to pack a pill that contained turinabol, we often see warnings on products that don't contain egg on their formula, and yet the manufacturer advice that it might contain traces of egg/shrimp/peanut/whatever, so they're not reliable if some alergic dude chokes and die from eating something that he was supposedly allowed.

That happens all the time, when you buy an aspiring it is 98% aspirin and 2% pick-your-guess (it's not exactly like that, they have machines solely dedicated to create aspirins in a large industry complex, while supplements are way more homegrown than that, but I hope you got the idea), hence why fighters like to pursue this probability, but then Jones would have to ask manufacturer where could he other pack of the same supplement and if possible same lot, from there if they find trace amounts of turinabol at it they have reasonable doubt, and have to let him go unscathed.

Other possibility is the manufacturer willfully omitting important information, for example we have ephedrine, which is prohibitted in plenty of countries, so the manufacturer just add a little bit to give it a boost and nobody except people who are going to checked by USADA will care for.
Beware that I'm not trying to defend Jones, but people are often too eager to cut the defendant any slack and jump directly to the conclusion that the fighter was well aware and had the intent to cheat, that is not fair.
Still it is a far shot to try and find a tainted supplement linked to the same supplement Jones took, but if they manage to do so in a valid legal method he do deserve the in dubio pro reo. (Benefit of doubt)

This behavior of not declaring his supplements is kinda strange, had him at least declared his legal supplements he could use it as a culprit/escapegoat on this PED talk, we have still to know why, and it pretty much serves as a proof against him.

thing to bear in mind, USADA have only found seven supplements ever that contained turinabol.

And in all seven instances it was obvious either by the packaging (Words like anabolic on the label), or the ingredients (actually listing prohibited substances) that they contained banned substances.

usada have never found a supplement containing turinabol that looked "innocent" in any way

Jones (and his team) is the one who's pushed things back, not the CSAC or USADA.
One dollar says he gets 24 months for being reckless. No way do they hit him for four

No, he never said that. Stupid Sherbros just spewing crap that someone else made up.

He's legally allowed to form a defense and has asked for additional time to do so, and yes it happens all the time in pretty much all legal proceedings. As for the extra time, it won't help Jones find an excuse but the distance from the test failure may make it less newsworthy when it finally does happen. Also, since most suspensions end up being retroactive to the failed test date, him delaying things doesn't impact his return date. And if he still has any sponsors the delay tactic may/may not allow him to continue to get paid until the hearing date.

Yes. I think, but am not sure, by multiple women. At least I know his girlfriend and baby mommy ain't the same person.

DC is the champ, no undoing that now. Jones won't be "cleared". ZERO chance of that. Last time he got the maximum penalty and he's looking at a solid 48-54 months this time. But let's say he somehow found something with Turinabol in it that didn't list it or any other banned sustance on the label. And let's say Jon declared this supplement on his pre-test supplement form. Even IF all that happened, and I want to stress to the less intelligent that's NOT going to happen, but if in some hypothetical, parallel universe it did, Jones would still get suspended because last time he was found "reckless". The verdict was that Jones didn't knowingly cheat (lol) but that he was "reckless" with what he put into his body and he received the maximum suspension. This time he's popped for a substance with a 2 year baseline suspension, and it's his second USADA failed test so that's doubled to 4 years. In addition he could receive +/- 2 years for Aggravating Circumstances, that's why I expect he'll end up getting 48-54 months. The full 48 month suspension plus a little bit because he's a complete fuckup... err... "Aggravating Circumstances". They could give him 72 months but I think that's extremely unlikely since that really is a career ender, but I think they tack on a little to set an example and to insure everyone understands even the "stars" get penalized when they cheat.

The fact that they are taking so long to make a decision does seem fishy.
I get the feeling we might not think that it we knew more about the process. There might be some slow ruleset in play.

When I used to see fighters getting popped based on a sample taken weeks before they fought at an event, I remember thinking "Bullshit. They must have known he tested positive before the event! They obviously test a sample really fast when it's from a guy who's fighting next week"
But turns out they can't do that. The lab is forced to treat all samples equally, and not even label them or put specific tests in an express lane, because they can't have lab technicians figuring out who any samples belong to - they must avoid any possible bias.
After that I realized that some things that seem suspicious might not be.

thing to bear in mind, USADA have only found seven supplements ever that contained turinabol.

And in all seven instances it was obvious either by the packaging (Words like anabolic on the label), or the ingredients (actually listing prohibited substances) that they contained banned substances.

usada have never found a supplement containing turinabol that looked "innocent" in any way
I see your point, but what I'm talking about is not supplements that deliberatedly employ turabinol, it's all about cross-contamination. Cross contamination happens all the time, but for 99.9% of the population (those who are not going to be tested by USADA) is a non-issue. (Except those who are alergic to stuff)

The manufacturer really doesn't give a shit if a little turabinol got mixed with along some supplement he was producing, they won't wash their equipments in a forensic-proof way just to make some UFC fighter safe. There's even a tolerance setting for part of insects in our coca cola, and that's a billion dollar industry, not a sweatshop supplement manufacturer in Thailand.

I think someone should make a study (for the good of professional sports) to determine how precise can a blood test be, the backfire for that is that such information could also benefit PED abusers, so I guess we will never know.

Anyway, this conversation had its time, let's move on, shall we?

I see your point, but what I'm talking about is not supplements that deliberatedly employ turabinol, it's all about cross-contamination. Cross contamination happens all the time, but for 99.9% of the population (those who are not going to be tested by USADA) is a non-issue. (Except those who are alergic to stuff)

The manufacturer really doesn't give a shit if a little turabinol got mixed with along some supplement he was producing, they won't wash their equipments in a forensic-proof way just to make some UFC fighter safe. There's even a tolerance setting for part of insects in our coca cola, and that's a billion dollar industry, not a sweatshop supplement manufacturer in Thailand.

I think someone should make a study (for the good of professional sports) to determine how precise can a blood test be, the backfire for that is that such information could also benefit PED abusers, so I guess we will never know.

Anyway, this conversation had its time, let's move on, shall we?

and as I say, in the hundreds of supplements USADA have found with prohibited substances they have yet to find a single one that contained Turinabol where it wasnt obvious to the end user that it contained prohibited substances.

So while its possible that Jones took a supplement that was contaminated with Turinabol, this would be the FIRST recorded instance EVER of a supplement being contaminated with Turinabol where it wasnt obvious to the end user that the supplement contained banned substances..

So yes, its possible he took a totally innocent looking supplement that was contaminated with Turinabol, but it would be the first time, in the entire history of USADA that it had ever happened..

It was a testosterone laced light up candy fan, very common

bip_star_wars_light_fan_candy.gif

and as I say, in the hundreds of supplements USADA have found with prohibited substances they have yet to find a single one that contained Turinabol where it wasnt obvious to the end user that it contained prohibited substances.

So while its possible that Jones took a supplement that was contaminated with Turinabol, this would be the FIRST recorded instance EVER of a supplement being contaminated with Turinabol where it wasnt obvious to the end user that the supplement contained banned substances..

So yes, its possible he took a totally innocent looking supplement that was contaminated with Turinabol, but it would be the first time, in the entire history of USADA that it had ever happened..
so, 4 years?

so, 4 years?

if i had to guess i would say closer to 4 than 2

but then i dont know what crazy defence theyve managed to come up with. Wouldnt surprise me if Malki has found a fall guy at the gym who is going to take responsibility

Jones is a tool, but I have a feeling he will be make it through this just fine. The guy is one of the most talented fighters in the world, and he's going to find a way to be successful no matter what. That being said, f#@k that guy lol.

Jones (and his team) is the one who's pushed things back, not the CSAC or USADA.

No, he never said that. Stupid Sherbros just spewing crap that someone else made up.

He's legally allowed to form a defense and has asked for additional time to do so, and yes it happens all the time in pretty much all legal proceedings. As for the extra time, it won't help Jones find an excuse but the distance from the test failure may make it less newsworthy when it finally does happen. Also, since most suspensions end up being retroactive to the failed test date, him delaying things doesn't impact his return date. And if he still has any sponsors the delay tactic may/may not allow him to continue to get paid until the hearing date.

Yes. I think, but am not sure, by multiple women. At least I know his girlfriend and baby mommy ain't the same person.

DC is the champ, no undoing that now. Jones won't be "cleared". ZERO chance of that. Last time he got the maximum penalty and he's looking at a solid 48-54 months this time. But let's say he somehow found something with Turinabol in it that didn't list it or any other banned sustance on the label. And let's say Jon declared this supplement on his pre-test supplement form. Even IF all that happened, and I want to stress to the less intelligent that's NOT going to happen, but if in some hypothetical, parallel universe it did, Jones would still get suspended because last time he was found "reckless". The verdict was that Jones didn't knowingly cheat (lol) but that he was "reckless" with what he put into his body and he received the maximum suspension. This time he's popped for a substance with a 2 year baseline suspension, and it's his second USADA failed test so that's doubled to 4 years. In addition he could receive +/- 2 years for Aggravating Circumstances, that's why I expect he'll end up getting 48-54 months. The full 48 month suspension plus a little bit because he's a complete fuckup... err... "Aggravating Circumstances". They could give him 72 months but I think that's extremely unlikely since that really is a career ender, but I think they tack on a little to set an example and to insure everyone understands even the "stars" get penalized when they cheat.
Hell of a post. Thats sucks I hope you're wrong. 4 years essentially is a career end too. Plus we have to put up with DCs annoying ass during this time. Maybe Voltron will Knock him out (if he can even fight)

Honestly it’s just bizarre that some people still somehow believe Jones. Kind of sad.
Problem is there is so many ways to get clipped for no fault of you own. Tainted supplements. Tainted Cocaine. Someone (the enemy camp) slips something in your drink at a club. Basically anything you put in your body could be laced and you have no idea.

If you make 100% right test I'd be willing to throw these guys under bus. But it's not that way. Only way it's that way if a chaperone(s) lived with a fighter 24/7 and monitored everything they took in.

So i'm not prepared to throw these GOATS under bus.

If cocaine makes you test positive for tbol, Connor would have a lifetime ban.

It would be the first time they recognize someone who took tainted supplements.

It's like saying "I am an incredible vampire killer, have you ever seen a vampire?"

We really need to know how do these USADA tests fare against a small cross-contaminated placebo, if they're able to detect trace amounts of something we might be pursuing innocent people, on the other hand if they require a certain threshold good enough to be detected then not only Jones is full of it as a lot of other fighters might be still evading the tests.

Let's move on ;-)

Let’s pretend for a moment Jon is innocent...

Like how many supplements or drugs does Jon put in his body? Surely they could have tested all those by now. It seems much more likely that they are just testing EVERYTHING possible hopping to get something with the drug in it.
The issue here is that they need to list 100% of the supplements they give Jones on USADA paperwork. Especially considering he already got busted for negligence once, he can't just say "I was taking this tainted supplement even though it's not in my paperwork. Guess I forgot to add it. Sorry." If he admits a negligence again, they're not going to give him any favors.

They've clearly tested all the supplements in his paperwork and they came back clean, so now they're buying time. It's for naught though because he's guilty and we all know it and he can't get out of this one.

if Jon Jones gets the 4 year suspension, there is no way he can go through all that free time without another altercation with the law. Expect another 2 years added to that from criminal violations. Optimistically, he will be late 30's when he returns to the octagon. That means his entire prime (and best earning years) will be completely wasted. He will be broke and most likely divorced by 40. He will have no friends, sponsors or fans. Had the talent to be the undisputed GOAT of MMA and squandered it all.

Meanwhile, his mortal enemies Rashad and Cormier will be making easy money doing commentary for Fox.
There is a flipside to the fantasy which may be more likely.

Jones has been a fuck up his entire life, while his bros went to good colleges and the nfl, he was relegated to community college, bouncing and then mma.

Hes earned millions in spite of this, consistently fucks up and land on his feet

Maybe he can't lose

It would be the first time they recognize someone who took tainted supplements.

It's like saying "I am an incredible vampire killer, have you ever seen a vampire?"

We really need to know how do these USADA tests fare against a small cross-contaminated placebo, if they're able to detect trace amounts of something we might be pursuing innocent people, on the other hand if they require a certain threshold good enough to be detected then not only Jones is full of it as a lot of other fighters might be still evading the tests.

Let's move on ;-)

no, theyve recognised loads of times that people have taken a tainted supplement.

what im talking about is..

USADA regularly test supplements and they maintain a huge list of supplements called the "high risk list".. supplements that have been found to contain prohibited susbstances. Some contain prohibited substances that arent listed on the ingredients. Some have them listed on the ingredients under secret names like Geranium leaf, and some of them are listed on the ingredients as themselves.

There are hundreds of supplements on this list, supplements that USADA have found contaminated or containing banned substances.

Usada have NEVER found a supplement containing Turinabol, either listed or unlisted, where it wasnt totally obvious that the supplement contained banned substances.

Every single supplement that USADA have found containing tbol either a) Had tbol listed on the ingredients, b) Had other prohibited substances listed on teh ingredients or c) had words like Anabolic on the brand name.

Im not saying that USADA dont find athletes genuinely victims of tainted supplements, they do that all the time. Romero, Means are just two examples.

what im saying, is that in all the HUNDREDS of supplements USADA have found to contain prohibited substances, there is NOT ONE SINGLE SUPPLEMENT that has been found to be "tainted" with turinabol where it wasnt obvious.

So If Jones took a supplement "contaminated" with Turinabol, this is the first time EVER, in Usada's entire history, that a supplement has ever been found that is "contaminated" with turinabol (where it wasnt obvious)

The chances of Jones happening to find the first supplement ever to be contaminated with tbol... yeh right.

There is a flipside to the fantasy which may be more likely.

Jones has been a fuck up his entire life, while his bros went to good colleges and the nfl, he was relegated to community college, bouncing and then mma.

Hes earned millions in spite of this, consistently fucks up and land on his feet

Maybe he can't lose
What if I told you a millionaire MMA fighter eventually went through all his money within five years of getting suspended for multiple PED infractions?

Broke, part 2. An all-new ESPN 30 for 30. Premiering February 20, 2023.

Back