Jon Jones: Some of my previous opponents used PEDs

Like Aldo has flat out said and many other fighters, trainers included (Firas Zahabi for example), most are on gear. Especially the top guys/women in the sport in their respective divisions. Once they realize how much faster they can recover and how much harder they can train, they're hooked. That all translates into performance enhancement and for each sport the optimal "stack" of roids and PED's is different.

Jones also is not exempt from being a PED user himself, he could be for all anyone knows. Whistleblowers (even though he dropped no names) tend to be the guys doing it in the first place. Like that Jose Canseco baseball player guy that got hulk smashed in MMA by Hong Man Choi.

Problem is Aldo is, like everyone else, only speculating. When Congress started pulling in testimony from old teammates in the baseball PED scandel it sent the message: if you're using don't tell anyone. Don't tell other competitors, don't tell teammates, don't even tell your coaches.

The only people who know are the suppliers, and they're not talking. Which means the fighters, like everyone else, are just guessing about usage.

Well Belfort was on "steroids" soo.. called testosterone. "Legally" though.

Belfort was roiding long before the TUE.

machida-belfort-amigos.jpg

Bingo.

Throw Chael in there too. Jones was convinced he was on steroids.

Chael admits openly to being on steroids, just like Vitor.

Testosterone IS an anabolic steroid. Funny how many fans think they're two different things.

Didn't you hide under the cage from USADA, Jon?

Way to go and try to deflect attention... Pathetic...
What about commenting about what you know for sure Jon, aka YOUR failed drug test ???

Hasar should be banned.

That is all.

I wonder which past opponent he may be referring too.....

Vitor, Bonnar both failed tests.

Lyoto failed as well but i believe his situation was much different.

There are probably a few im missing.

The good ole well I got busted so everyone else is guilty too line eh?

Edit: Damnit.. Let the thread die!!!

Jones said he "knows" some of his previous opponents have been on performance-enhancing drugs, but declined to provide names. Nevertheless, he said his request for random testing, for now, only applies to his upcoming bout.

"As far as saying that I'm sure I've fought other guys in the past on steroids, I think it's pretty well-documented. A lot of people haven't really argued with it because they know it's a true statement. I know it's a true statement."

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/1...es-always-request-random-drug-tests-opponents

Cool, some of them have something in common with Bones then.

Back