Jon Jones Punishment by UFC

How should the UFC deal with Jon Jones?

• Total voters
surprised at all the lifetime ban votes. i don't know about that. i chose a two-year suspension. i can see three years, though. that's good for me. i don't like the idea of lifetime bans. if jones can still fight at 33, that's great. the problem, is that there will undoubtedly be upcoming fighters who will give jones trouble, and that will be with jones being three years older. his, "win" over cormier may end up being his greatest moment. things change quickly in the mma landscape.
How many fighters get 4 chances? First was the hit and run, and then substance abuse, and then two failed test. Now that I think about it, Josh Barnett did get away a lot

What is the correct punishment by the UFC?

[X] Loss of title
[X] One-year suspension
[X] Two-year suspension
[X] Multi-year suspension
[X] Small fine
[X] Big fine
[X] Lifetime ban

It's kinda funny. In early days of MMA steroid use was the norm. All of a sudden today it's the end of the world.

A roided to the gills DC still could never beat Jon Jones.

How many fighters get 4 chances? First was the hit and run, and then substance abuse, and then two failed test. Now that I think about it, Josh Barnett did get away a lot

the only thing saving this guy from never fighting in the u.s. again is that he's an all-time great. with anyone else, they would already be contacting orgs in russia and japan.

I'ma wait for his B sample. If it's positive as well, he's done forever.

force him to move up to hws, these is his worst punishment for jones <Lmaoo>
he would prefer to retire before to move up {<jordan}{<jordan}

most probably do, but because we can't say for certain that all do, we have to point to only the fighters who are caught.

good point
let's stop testing

i'd personally like all fighters on steroids
then BJ Penn could actually won a round again

who's with me?

good point
let's stop testing

i'd personally like all fighters on steroids
then BJ Penn could actually won a round again

who's with me?

to me, all i want is a fair playing field. either everyone is on the stuff, or no one is on the stuff. i'd prefer the former, because if it's allowed, fighters will abuse and hurt themselves, and the brand as a whole. and there is simply no way to regulate this if it's allowed. human nature cannot be tamed nor predicted.

Lifetime ban, big fine, and DC gets to hit him once in the head with a baseball bat (televised)

Thought the first option was "loss of life" at first. I was like "Damn, TS does not take prisoners !"

The UFC does not issue these suspensions. They'll be issued by USADA and administered by the AC if it was a pre or post fight test. UFC simply adheres to the suspension.

Its not up to the ufc. Isn't it usada that decide the punishment ?

Back