Jon Jones picked Gustafsson over Lyoto Machida: "I annihilated Machida"

why is that? his striking and bjj are superior to jones. it's not like jones can take him down and cut him with an elbow at will or else he would have done that right off the bat.

a better prepared machida beats jones.

How is his bjj better when at the end of the fight he was face down unconscious?....... and when Jones finally did shoot in he got him down with ease. So yes he could take him down when he wants just like he has everyone else.. come on dude.

Yes, I knew Machida would lose his first title defense because he was fighting Shogun. And regardless of what Cecil Peoples said, we all know how that fight panned out. And the second one, of course.

He won his first title defense. Which makes sense because it was his "first" defense.

Nothing wrong with new blood but I do believe Machida would do better the second time around.

why is that? his striking and bjj are superior to jones. it's not like jones can take him down and cut him with an elbow at will or else he would have done that right off the bat.

lol OK never mind you're trolling.

His striking is better than Jones'? Oh, but he landed a punch!

bones1.gif

His BJJ is better than Jones'?

submissions_Jon_Jones_Guillotine_Choke_Lyoto_Machida_UFC_140.gif

It may help if you watch the fight before making such ludicrous claims.

Annihilated or not, people just now know that Machida had nothing to do with the rematch not being made.

ahh Jones. Yet again demonstrating what a humble man he is.

He didn't annihilate him, but he did beat him decisively. And that reasoning is fair. Gus is arguably as deserving as Lyoto, and he hasn't gotten a shot yet. I have no problem with it.

Yes, I knew Machida would lose his first title defense because he was fighting Shogun. And regardless of what Cecil Peoples said, we all know how that fight panned out. And the second one, of course.

Well then you were one of the only ones. It's tied with Anderson/Okami as one of the most lopsided pros picks I can think of.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-Machida-vs-Shogun-20493

Jones definitely finished that fight exclamatorily but let's not pretend like he was lighting him up the entire time. He got him down for about 8-10 seconds and landed 1 elbow that happened to graze him perfectly in the worst spot and Machida just fell apart when he had to fight with this bleeding into his eye. Before that, Jones wasn't able to do much.

machida_crop_650x440.jpg

He didn't annihilate him, but he did beat him decisively. And that reasoning is fair. Gus is arguably as deserving as Lyoto, and he hasn't gotten a shot yet. I have no problem with it.

I'd say he did.

MMA-moment-Jones-chokes-out-Machida.jpg

Correct. No reason seeing them fight again so soon, after Jones almost left hm dead.

lyoto has a chance of winning

gus has ZERO. we are talking at least 10-1 odds

get glover in there

I don't see how you go from pulling out of a fight with a cut to getting a title shot. this is ridiculous

ahh Jones. Yet again demonstrating what a humble man he is.

Why should he be humble? He's the greatest in his division, and he's earned every right to be arrogant/cocky/smug/brash.

The fact is, he has beaten soundly every single man put on front of him. If that's what cocky does for you - more people should try it.

oh, i get it. what happened was that he wanted to get hit in the first round, then wait until the second to do all that :rolleyes:

probably had nothing to do with the fact that machida slowed down in the second.

also, if you think that jones getting the submission victory because of superior bjj, you're clearly a moron and should leave your opinions at the door.

Haters gonna hate, can't deny the fact that JBJ makes BB's tap

LyotoMachida_Jones1.jpg

Id much rather see this fight too. Then maybe Hendo/Glover for the next shot if Hendo can get past Shad.

Back