Jon Jones picked Gustafsson over Lyoto Machida: "I annihilated Machida"

Let the bitches cry. Gus deserves his shot.

Yeah Joes beating back to back middleweights and then a guy who got pulled from his last fight sounds amazing. Maia should get cut and pull from the Kos fight, them maybe they bump Hedricks and he can fight gsp

He went "Zombie" after the cut, which led him to the right hand. It was a great punch, but Machida's brain was a little mushy. He stood up from being dropped and slipped into the choke.

Great performance by Jones, he looked dominant.

You're right, but I was referring to a different type of zombie mode, like face down, white eyes, zombie. :)

I never understood the 'Machida had his number in round one'. Judges had R1 for Jones, and I think most people were just shocked Jones hadn't distroyed him yet so got the impression Machida was winning. Eventually Jones did end him tho, as anticipated.

Haha

Machida a more dangerous fight than Gus so yeah, rather see the Gus fight than machida again though even though the outcome is easy

I almost had a heart attack in that first round (as I was rooting for Machida like a mofo) but the reality is, you know someone is on that other level when you are shocked that a punch or two landed on them. Everyone was like, ZOMG, Machida actually landed a punch!111
when Machida destroyed Rashad for the LHW title and Joe Rogan said the Machida era has begun, did you think he would lose his next two defences and one of them in a single round? and did you think someone would take over the division in the way Jones did?

On Topic
Machida will get his shot if he stops just doing the absolute bare minimum to win.

when Machida destroyed Rashad for the LHW title and Joe Rogan said the Machida era has begun, did you think he would lose his next two defences and one of them in a single round? and did you think someone would take over the division in the way Jones did?

On Topic
Machida will get his shot if he stops just doing the absolute bare minimum to win.

Yes, I knew Machida would lose his first title defense because he was fighting Shogun. And regardless of what Cecil Peoples said, we all know how that fight panned out. And the second one, of course.

Glad hes fighting a new opponent as apposed to one he destroyed. War mauler

Have to agree with the title, he did. I like Machida, but he got destroyed.

Rather see a new challenger than a rematch.

I agree with this. Lyoto had nothing for Jones, one more win and then Lyoto can get his shot.

I'd like to see a Machida rematch after Gus gets annihilated as well. JDS/Cain and Wand/Page I & II proved that just because you get smashed the first time around doesn't mean the outcome of the rematch is already predetermined.

Wand won both the first and second fights with Rampage. Rampage got his revenge in the third one.

Well... yeah, he did :D

At least he was honest. Jones is too much for Machida

jones.jpg

Fine whatever, let him demolish Gus and then give the rematch to Machida.

I will ride that man's testiscles until he retires.

Back