Jon Jones picked Gustafsson over Lyoto Machida: "I annihilated Machida"

Everyone knows that Machida got his ass handed to him and if they rematch the same results will happen because Machida should be fighting in MW and gives up too far too much strength to Jones. Just look at Damien Maia, he's a god in WW but nothing in MW. Anyways Jones needs to fight Gus, Glover, and DC, and then he should look at rematch opportunities

haha...what a douche.

lands a dragging elbow that changed the complexion of the fight and that's annihilation? that's what a community college degree gets you these days.

Actually a punch Jones landed 10 seconds before taking Machida down is what changed the fight.

machida would beat jones second fight. i like both guys. jones is getting too cocky. it will cost him eventually. also, yes he is too damn big

Being cocky will cost him? Didn't Anderson Silva clown Maia for 25 and 5 fights later he is still winning.

90% of people would rather see him fight Gus then Lyoto again.

Jones destroyed Machida. He isn't worth any more of his time. I'm glad Jones feels this way and is looking at targeting new challenges rather than old ones. I'm sick of rematches. But but Machida landed a punch! Rashad did as well, and a kick, and he didn't get choked into derpland.

Agree with most in this thread, no biggie here and its actually more interesting to see new fights instead of rematches. Machida landed a couple shots in RD1, no real power blows, and was totally taken apart in RD2, eventually being choked out. Now Machida is an elite fighter, but a razor thin (and boring) win over Hendo does not bolt him right back against Jones. He needed another win, and Jones needs more fresh faces. Gusstaffson has potential, is violent, and is new. Jones will likely beat him, Phil Davis beat Gus with ease a while back and subbed him, but at least its a new fight.

Let Gus fight Jones, Machida fight Davis, and Glover/Hendo/Rashad work out their triangle of fights. If Machida wins impressively and Glover does not win impressively in his next fight, he will likely get the title shot anyway.

I like this JJ more than the holier than thou JJ. He should team up with Chael Sonnen and become the biggest heel in the history of the UFC. Worse than Tito, because he destroys absolutely everybody.

lol this is gonna be good :p

so let me get this in early.....Machida won the striking contest in the first round but it was close and Machida didn't land any serious combinations, just a couple of flush single shots which Jones took.

way too many overhype that first round, like he outstruck Jones clearly.

machida would beat jones second fight. i like both guys. jones is getting too cocky. it will cost him eventually. also, yes he is too damn big

haha...what a douche.

lands a dragging elbow that changed the complexion of the fight and that's annihilation? that's what a community college degree gets you these days.

Beating up smaller guys is so impressive.

butthurt.jpg

I'd like to see a Machida rematch after Gus gets annihilated as well. JDS/Cain and Wand/Page I & II proved that just because you get smashed the first time around doesn't mean the outcome of the rematch is already predetermined.

Eh, he cut him and choked him.

I agree with his rationale, no matter how hyperbolic.

War Machida

He also caught Machida with a counter that dropped him, which ultimately led to Machida going zombie, IIRC. Just sayin'.

He finished him pretty definitively. Annihilated? Not sure about that.

Beating up smaller guys is so impressive.

They weigh the same. Not his fault that he's tall/lanky. That's why they are weight classes not height classes. If Machida is so much smaller he should be a MW.

I've never understood why people always hate on Jones by saying he is too big and beating up on smaller guys. He's never missed weight... He's a LHW.

He also caught Machida with a counter that dropped him, which ultimately led to Machida going zombie, IIRC. Just sayin'.

He went "Zombie" after the cut, which led him to the right hand. It was a great punch, but Machida's brain was a little mushy. He stood up from being dropped and slipped into the choke.

Great performance by Jones, he looked dominant.

lol this is gonna be good :p

so let me get this in early.....Machida won the striking contest in the first round but it was close and Machida didn't land any serious combinations, just a couple of flush single shots which Jones took.

way too many overhype that first round, like he outstruck Jones clearly.

I almost had a heart attack in that first round (as I was rooting for Machida like a mofo) but the reality is, you know someone is on that other level when you are shocked that a punch or two landed on them. Everyone was like, ZOMG, Machida actually landed a punch!111

Correct. No reason seeing them fight again so soon, after Jones almost left hm dead.

I wasn't that excited about the prospect of a rematch... 1st fight was pretty one sided.

Machida will get his chance soon, there aren't many guys left for Jones to fight.

I understand him.

If I were him I'd also want to face a guy who was losing to the likes of Davis sometime ago than facing Machida.

Jones vs. Gustafsson is even more predictable and pointless than GSP vs. Diaz or Velasquez vs. Big Foot.

Back