Jon Jones on icy relationship with Dana White: ‘He’s shown me his true colors’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“Dana White has reached out to me on at least four occasions, and I haven’t answered any of his calls or any of his text messages — that’s the reason we haven’t spoken,”

Jones said after a White interview this week in which the UFC official first revealed the distance between him and the UFC’s former No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter.

Jones (22-1) said he didn’t appreciate the treatment he received, considering what he had done for the UFC by dominating with eight consecutive successful title defenses in pay-per-view matches.

“I just feel like when you’re making the company money and you’re a pay-per-view draw and you’re ultimately putting money in his pocket, then you mean a lot to him,” Jones said of White.

“The moment you aren’t those things, you mean nothing to him, and he’s done a decent job of showing that. I felt completely abandoned by him … in a situation when I needed him the most.”

In a text message to the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday, White said of Jones’ comments: "Sounds like something he and I will eventually have to straighten out.” “I feel like he’s shown me his true colors, and now I have no desire to pretend like he cares about me or that we’re friends,” Jones said. “Unless he has something real pressing to talk to me about, I’d rather just talk to Ari Emanuel,” Jones said of the WME/IMG head who purchased the UFC last year for $4 billion.

“As of now, I look at Ari as my boss and as Dana as more the face and the voice of UFC.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-ufc-jones-white-20170726-story.html

Hopes Jon goes to Bellator next, the LHW division might actually be better than the UFC now... -_-'

Jon should not go to war with Dana. This is the only fight he can't win.

Last edited:
so your employer gets pissed when you get coked up, smash into a pregnant woman, run like a bitch, then piss hot and get a main event cancelled in the biggest ever UFC event

what a surprise!

Last edited:
I like Jon, but you really can't act like Dana should be happy with you at all after the last couple years.

Dana and Lorenzo saved his ass from going to prison.

Anyway, right now i don't think the ufc care if Jones does win or loses

He has fucked up a couple of times now
He can be a diva
He isn't that much of a draw

Jones is dull as dishwater, with literally no redeeming qualities. Hope DC slaughters him.

"Jon Jones is a fuck up." - Joe Rogan

I can't stand Dana one bit however he and UFC has had to deal with his shit last 3-4 years and all his screw ups.

I hope Jones fully embraces the heel and turns to the darkside. I'd be more a fan of his true, genuine, personality disorder ridden act rather than his faux nice guy shtick.

Back