"Jon Jones kicks people's knees in fights trying to injure them, our knees havent been the same"

I think the argument is that the Savate kick to the knee can easily cause career ending injuries. I'm not sure where I stand on the issue!

I agree it is a tough one. For me it is a tool that isn't banned and really interrupts rhythmn but can be adapted too mid fight. I'd rather see that kick than a mounted headbutt for instance, as when that is happening its hard to adjust to.

All strike are illegal from now on. Only hugging is allowed and it has to be gentle to. The first person to initiate the hug wins.

I think it's first one to disengage the hug loses - c'mon, it's pretty easy to just initiate a hug.

I do think they should get rid of them.

I remember seeing Jones catch Rampage and thinking "fuck, that's a hyper-extended knee right there".

If they don't get rid of it there's gonna be some incident where a guy's knee gets ruined.

Obviously with joint lock submissions the guy has a chance to tap, and you can't realistically get rid of striking and compete with other combat sports.

I don't have a problems with these kicks. You have to defend them. Everything in MMA is meant to concuss, bruise, hyper extend, seperate from consciousness, cut, maim, or break in MMA.

The eye pokes are the problem and i definitely believe they were always part of Jones game plan. Let a couple go, take the warnings and have the opponent fearing it the rest of the fight. If Big John really ever took a stand against the eye pokes...he'd tell Jon before the fight that the first eye poke is a point.

Of course they are dangerous and a cheapshot tactics.
It's a move that has a close to 0% to end a fight probabilty other than by freak injury, but also a big probabilty to do long term damages...
That's why they are/were banned from by most/all kickboxing/MT etc..

They are not illegal in Muay Thai just because you say so.

Miiiiiiighty likes to molest animals and was banned from entering the US because of it.

See? I can make shit up also.

well most things in combat sports are done to hurt the opponent....

and rampage slamming people on head and neck should be the last to talk

When a guy picks you up you know you're gonna get slammed and have time to hopefully attempt to brace yourself.

With this kick you generally don't know it's coming, and there's an opening to ruin your knee every single time you lean your weight back a little.

IMO it's almost in the realm of eyepoking and things of that nature.

12-6 elbows are actually a wrestler's bane. They're a great way to attack someone trying to get shoot on you, hold you up against the cage, or smother you on your back.

Yep, just see Travis Browne's fights against Gonzaga and Barnett. I know it's a safety issue, but it's a real shame you can't 12-6 someone when they drop levels and hold someone against the fence. So frustrating seeing the back of the head all open for attack and not being able to do a thing about it lol.

well c'mon Rampage- you gave Liddell, Wandy, and dozens of other people brain damage from your knockouts why would Jon Jokes want to eat your punches?

rampage the biggest whiny excuse maker of all time yea ok. if im a fighter and a guy kicks my knee or in the balls i go right back and do the same as it happens i dont go cry to joe rogan after the fight.

Back