Jon Jones is Sherdog.com's new #1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world. What say you?

No, Machida did not fucking hurt Bones with that little paw. Stop trying so hard to make a case that he did.

Jones himself said Machida hurt him and that was the most hurt he has been in the UFC up til that point n an interview from awhile back. Anybody trying to use that punch to take away from Jones is a moron because Jones is amazing in the cage.

Jon Jones: Striking, check. Grappling, check. Wrestling offense, check. Wrestling defense, check.

Fucking gag me.

It should be GSP at #1 and then the dirty-fighting bones at #2.

He is now for sure..

But dropping Silva to 4..

No...

Shogun - coming off of multiple knee surgeries and a year layoff
Machida - 1-3 in his last 4 fights, only win being over a shot Couture
Rashad - his best win
Vitor - MW who hadn't fought at 205 in god knows how many years
Chael - lol, not even worth going into

GSP has definitely been facing tougher tests than Jon.

Hardy - lol, not even worth going into
Koscheck - has been finished by Drew Fickett, Paulo Thiago and Robbie Lawler (but not GSP
Shields - barely got past Martin Kampmann, but KTFO in the first round in his very next fight
Condit - his best win in years
Diaz - coming off a loss and a year-long layoff

See how easy that is?

Rashad - his best win

completely agree with this, not to mention jones is physically bigger then every single opponent he has faced where as GSP's size has been very similar to most of his opponents so to me GSP's skill is more then Jones IMO.

This is why p4p means horseshit

p4p was a measuring stick to see how fighter from different weight classes would fair up in a fair fight where they would both weigh in at the same.

But the fact that Anderson is stil ranked higher than Weidman, while they both fought at 185 shows that this list means nothing.

I can understand if you have Anderson higher up on the GOAT list because of his previous accomplishments but Anderson being number 4 p4p is BS

just like the entire concept of it

It's not a "problem" particular to p4p lists though.

Lil' Nog beat Rashad and was still ranked below him in the divisional list that came immediately after that.

My personal top 10 would go something a little like this

1. Jones
2. Aldo
3. GSP
4. Weidman
5. Silva
6. Henderson
7. Cain
8. Barao
9. Johnson
10. Edgar

this is bullshit cain should be the number 1 not jon jones

So, neither Jones nor GSP fought since the last p4p list in June (where GSP, fought Diaz in March, was #2 and Jones, fought Sonnen in April, #3) and yet, Jones leapfrogs GSP to take the #1 spot? I would really like to hear the justification for that.

Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, this has nothing to do with whether Jones or GSP better deserves to be #1. This IS, however, how, with neither guy fighting since the last list, Jones went from being behind GSP to ahead of GSP.

Just in case anyone didn't see it, here's the list. As you can see, it's the same blurbs, mentioning GSP's victory over Nick Diaz and Jones' over Chael Sonnen.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-53325

I would really like to know what the reasoning behind the switch is.

Good point. No consistency whatsoever.

Rashad - his best win

Jones has beat these fighters based on name value alone.
Rashad was the only fighter so far who wasn't on a downward spirale before the fight and he was the only one to truly earn his titleshot.

Now he faces Gusstafson, although a little bit untested for my flavour but he is a fresh contender so it's a step in the right direction.

and for the people who are saying that he has no weaknesses
he gassed against Bonnar, and slowed down in the later rounds against Evans
I'm not quite certain if he could fight at a high pace since he likes to control everything in the octagon. And his BJJ defense, he admitted this himself that this is his current weakest point. He does leave his arms out sometime which makes him suceptible to armbars but he is probably working on this.

don't get me wrong, he is still an elite fighter but he has only fought 1 fighter who was at his best at the time and that was Rashad.

Rashad - his best win

GSP's last couple:

Koscheck (KTFO by Robbie Lawler, hasnt looked good in a while)
Shields (Enough said right?)
Condit Game fighter who made him work for it
Diaz Aside from BJ Penn hadn't won a UFC fight n years and most impressive win in SF was against KJ Noons

Ok, hold up. I'm assuming this is a current ranking, not a all time p4p ranking, correct?

So in that case, how can Anderson Silva be ahead of Chris Weidman in the current rankings when he just lost to him?

Makes no sense, if this is a all time ranking then fine, put Anderson above Weidman. But it's not, in the current rankings Anderson has to be below wherever Weidman is.

nah GSP is #1 and Aldo #2

Silva should still be in the p4p top 10 but Weidman deserves to be ahead of him

1 GSP
2 Aldo
3 Jones
4 Bendo
5 Cruz
6 Weidman
7 Mighty Mouse
8 Barao
9 Cain
10 Silva
other contendors: Pettis, JDS, Edgar, Hendricks, Benavidez

WOOP WOOP, undubbed!

something like that

Hardy - lol, not even worth going into
Koscheck - has been finished by Drew Fickett, Paulo Thiago and Robbie Lawler (but not GSP
Shields - barely got past Martin Kampmann, but KTFO in the first round in his very next fight
Condit - his best win in years
Diaz - coming off a loss and a year-long layoff

See how easy that is?

Hardy - just beat Top 10 Swick in a #1 contender fight, 7 fight win streak
Koscheck - just beat Top 10 Daley in a #1 contender fight, 3 fight win streak with 3 finishes
Shields - SF champ, 15 fight win streak, beat Hendo and Lawler at MW + Daley and Kampmann at WW
Condit - yes, probably GSP's best win since the 2nd Hughes fight
Diaz - coming off of a very close fight with Condit, beforehand was the SF champ with wins over BJ and Daley, 11-1 in his last 12, also he wasn't coming off of an injury layoff

No matter how you slice it, Georges has been facing superior comp of late.

It's subjective.

Not that that will stop 50 pages of futile arguing.

Ok, hold up. I'm assuming this is a current ranking, not a all time p4p ranking, correct?

So in that case, how can Anderson Silva be ahead of Chris Weidman in the current rankings when he just lost to him?

Makes no sense, if this is a all time ranking then fine, put Anderson above Weidman. But it's not, in the current rankings Anderson has to be below wherever Weidman is.

I think Silva would still be a small favorite over Weidman in a rematch.

GSP on #1? come on. the guy might be champion but he never really finishes an opponent where as Jones pretty much always does.And as much as competition goes, GSP has had more oppponents yes but the opponent Jones faced are also big players in MMA(Belfort,Shogun,Machida). So Jones is deffinetley deservingly #1. As for the rest of the list, I pretty much agree excpet Silva should be above Aldo. And Benson should trade position with Weidman in the list. But thats just my opinion based on the fact that Weidman performed better these last few fights.

This is why p4p means horseshit

p4p was a measuring stick to see how fighter from different weight classes would fair up in a fair fight where they would both weigh in at the same.

But the fact that Anderson is stil ranked higher than Weidman, while they both fought at 185 shows that this list means nothing.

I can understand if you have Anderson higher up on the GOAT list because of his previous accomplishments but Anderson being number 4 p4p is BS

just like the entire concept of it

There is a metric ton of reasons why P4P is horseshit, but this isn't one of them.

A fighter can beat you and remain at a lower rank. Rankings are there to determine how you measure up against the entire group, not that one guy.

Back