Jon Jones is Sherdog.com's new #1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world. What say you?

Good list...Bones has been more impressive than GSP lately although we will see how things turn out in a few months

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Aldo
4. Shogun
5. Anderson
6. Edgar
7. Nick Diaz
8. Hendo
9. Gomi
10. Fedor(only reason Fedor is so low is because of inactivity)

Fedor dropped out of the Top 10 when he lost to Fabricio, but Anderson still is in the Top 5 even though he got brutally KTFO.

LMAO

Yes. Glad that they left Anderson pretty high on the list. Kinda funny that he's 2 spots higher than Weidman, though.

GSP #1.....and I would not put Aldo in front of Silva. I would also not include Melendez in the top 10.

Jones or GSP first and second
third Jose Aldo
Pettis for fouth.

rest dont matter.

A lot of comments about GSP's level of competition compared to Jones'. I think Jones has beat better opponents, especially in the last 3 years. Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Sonnen. Only one of those guys that won't be a HOFer will be Sonnen.

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Aldo
4. Shogun
5. Anderson
6. Edgar
7. Nick Diaz
8. Hendo
9. Gomi
10. Fedor(only reason Fedor is so low is because of inactivity)

I'm a Fedor fan, but Fedor doesn't belong on any P4P list anymore. Besides, he's retired.

Bones should have been 1 a while ago.

He has virtually no weakness. Anderson, while amazing, did have some holes in his game. Small holes, but holes. Butt holes? har har

But Bones is the best wrestler in his division, has the best gnp in mma period now (damn those elbows), and he outstruck the likes of Shogun with little issues. Anderson has previously been in compromising positions and lost rounds, while Bones has not.

No, Machida did not fucking hurt Bones with that little paw. Stop trying so hard to make a case that he did.

A lot of comments about GSP's level of competition compared to Jones'. I think Jones has beat better opponents, especially in the last 3 years. Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Sonnen. Only one of those guys that won't be a HOFer will be Sonnen.

Why won't Sonnen be a HOFer? He's almost guaranteed.

Shogun - coming off of multiple knee surgeries and a year layoff
Machida - 1-3 in his last 4 fights, only win being over a shot Couture
Rashad - his best win
Vitor - MW who hadn't fought at 205 in god knows how many years
Chael - lol, not even worth going into

GSP has definitely been facing tougher tests than Jon.

Hate to say it, but here it is:
1. GSP (I so badly don't want him to be #1, but after Hendricks beat him he won't be)
2. Jon Jones
3. Jose Aldo
4. Chris Weidman
5. Anderson Silva
6. Renan Barao
7. Dominick Cruz
8. Demetrious Johnson
9. Frankie Edgar
10. Benson Henderson

This is why p4p means horseshit

p4p was a measuring stick to see how fighter from different weight classes would fair up in a fair fight where they would both weigh in at the same.

But the fact that Anderson is stil ranked higher than Weidman, while they both fought at 185 shows that this list means nothing.

I can understand if you have Anderson higher up on the GOAT list because of his previous accomplishments but Anderson being number 4 p4p is BS

just like the entire concept of it

I'm a Fedor fan, but Fedor doesn't belong on any P4P list anymore. Besides, he's retired.

This. It's hard to call someone P4P anything if he loses to a guy lighter then him. It just doesn't make sense, based on the definition of P4P.

Hate to say it, but here it is:
1. GSP (I so badly don't want him to be #1, but after Hendricks beat him he won't be)
2. Jon Jones
3. Jose Aldo
4. Chris Weidman
5. Anderson Silva
6. Renan Barao
7. Dominick Cruz
8. Demetrious Johnson
9. Frankie Edgar
10. Benson Henderson

The fact that you have Cruz even on there even though he hasn't fought in coming up to 2 years is just baffling to me.

So, neither Jones nor GSP fought since the last p4p list in June (where GSP, fought Diaz in March, was #2 and Jones, fought Sonnen in April, #3) and yet, Jones leapfrogs GSP to take the #1 spot? I would really like to hear the justification for that.

Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, this has nothing to do with whether Jones or GSP better deserves to be #1. This IS, however, how, with neither guy fighting since the last list, Jones went from being behind GSP to ahead of GSP.

Just in case anyone didn't see it, here's the list. As you can see, it's the same blurbs, mentioning GSP's victory over Nick Diaz and Jones' over Chael Sonnen.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-53325

I would really like to know what the reasoning behind the switch is.

The fact that you have Cruz even on there even though he hasn't fought in coming up to 2 years is just baffling to me.

Well it has nothing to do with who fought recently, it's an opinion of top 10 pound for pound fighters, and who would win if they were all the same weight.

Back