Jon Jones in his first MMA fight

Vojislav

I fight for honor
Banned
Reaction score

Interesting to see the raw violent version of Jon Jones suplexing his opponent and then soccer kicking him. Jon Jones was still learning striking by watching Anderson Silva videos on youtube at that point.

Also LOL at commentators criticizing Jon Jones for his behavior: "he needs to learn some cage etiquette"

what's the etiquette for running over pregnant women and fleeing? oh that's right going back and making sure the pregnant lady don't steal your drugs. return, grab drugs, flee.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Who has a higher vertical leap, Jon or Bethe?

It's always interesting to see the first fight of fighters who turned out to be monsters. They are very crude and raw but you can clearly see the potential and their basic style.

This is Yoel Romero's first fight, it was a straight up assault

You have to feel sorry for these journeymen who end up being punching bags for fighters who turn out to be all-time greats and total killers.

Also LOL at the guy who uploaded the video having no idea who Yoel is, he even spelled his name wrong twice first as Romerio Giosel and then Romeo.

At the :34 second mark, Brad Bernard realizes this fight is a whole lot more than he signed up for. Still, it's probably a great conversation for him now..."Yeah, I got my ass completely handed to me by Jon Jones! Yes, really! It was his first professional fight. I gave it my all; landed a couple of good punches, but in the end I came up short."

Jarl

Khabib's first MMA fight.

This was a K1 Khabib turned into a panic wrestler after few leg kicks LOL. Completely dominated on the ground as expected though.

At the :34 second mark, Brad Bernard realizes this fight is a whole lot more than he signed up for. Still, it's probably a great conversation for him now..."Yeah, I got my ass completely handed to me by Jon Jones! Yes, really! It was his first professional fight. I gave it my all; landed a couple of good punches, but in the end I came up short."

Jarl

Maybe he's like "I did better against Jon Jones than Shogun".

Jon might have killed someone in Pride FC. Horrible person. Great fighter.

That commentator trying to down play Jon is a fuck head, he kicked before the ref stopped the fight and he show boated a bit after landing that awesome suplex. Fuck that guy.

It's always interesting to see the first fight of fighters who turned out to be monsters. They are very crude and raw but you can clearly see the potential and their basic style.

This is Yoel Romero's first fight, it was a straight up assault

You have to feel sorry for these journeymen who end up being punching bags for fighters who turn out to be all-time greats

Yeah somebody is gonna die

This is a great thread! Really cool to compare how these guys have evolved from their first fights!

Jon Jones' second fight:

This arrogant raw primitive version of Jones is fun to watch. Some dirty fighting too though, hit the opponent in the groin.

This version of Jones against 2008 Spider Silva would've been good if they were to ever fight. Heavily Roided Jones is pretty much a beast for everyone at lhw and down. Just wish we could see PED Jones compete in the HW division. That sucks.

Not his first fight, but first in the UFC.

What are those bumps on his stomach?

Just so you know, you don't inject steroids in your tummy...Well, you can, but the vast majority of users inject else where....intramuscular is the most used way.

His first fight really defines him as a person. Kicking the fighter while he's obviously down and out.

Its not like it hasn't happened before, but that sort of act defines him as a person given the shitstorm he's brought on himself since.

Back