Jon Jones: I'd only fight a small heavyweight

It was Jones that said he could be hw champ and all his fan girls for years have been saying he would wreck Cain and be a 240 pound ripped heavyweight. He's the one that started all this talk.

Said it then and I'll say it now...I'll take Jones over Cain today no doubt about it. For the record, you got Cain right??

Jon has no obligation to go to heavyweight so people can fuck off with that.
553943b1bdbf7a9d781c219471031d76--dan-henderson-mma-ufc.jpg

nick-diaz-meme-dont-be-scared-homie.jpg

I'm sure he gets by day to day despite your judgements. I've literally never seen Jones weigh above 220, and if he did it wasn't by much. Being 45+ lbs below the ceiling of the weight class is kind of a big deal. Even Fedor as a small HW was tipping the scales at 230 most of the time. Just cause you're tall, dosen't mean you're actually big. If he dosen't want to move up, so be it. It's his career, not ours.

Why do people expect Jones to go up to HW when GSP wouldn't move up because he wasn't big enough or never asked shogun to fight Brock.

Probably because GSP and Shogun didnt have a half a foot height advantage and a 12 inch reach advantage vs their division

Would effectively be MMA's answer to cruiserweight and in my opinion totally unnecessary. Most of the successful HW champs have fought around 235-245lbs.

You think the HW division is shallow now? Try finding more than 10 guys who are competitive at 265lbs+ and try to create a competitive/interesting division around it... whilst also not taking talent from the current HW division for that matter.

I realise there's a large weight gap at HW, but it's there for a reason. If it aint broke don't fix it?

But it is broke. Its been broke. The UFC Heavyweight division has always been less to be desired. Having that Cruiser-weight in there, give the guys that walk around at 215 a chance, without having to cut to 185. My point is to eliminate cutting.

Would love 235lbs Jones vs 240lbs cigano, cain, stipe, reem... If he got a bit fatter he would make most HWs look small. Just say 19%bf.

(9:47) he basically admits he scared of fighting bigger guys and that he'd only move up to fight a "small" heavyweight. I don't see any GOAT material in someone talking like that.

What a puss. This is why Jon will never be respected by the fans. DC fought and slayed giants where Jon would be the largest HW, the longest reach ever, but refuses to fight the men little DC fought. And, let's not forgay that DC started MMA really late and still fought these giants.

Jon just frustrates me. If he had the cojones Conor did, and with his talent, he could have easily been champ champ. It's crazy that Conor came around so far after JBJ but did so much more in his allotted time.

Last edited:
LHW that are really heavyweight can fight at 225 without cutting. 215ers can fight at their natural 205 without having to face a ginormous heavyweight that cuts

Mighty Mouse refuses to consider challenging Romero. Pussy.

That's pretty misleading... Most heavyweights are 235-245. Stipe is 245. Jon probably walks around at 230-235 before really dieting. Not nearly as big a leap as you are leading on.
Jones at 235-245 is out of shape, he's around 220-225 in-shape, and the smaller HWs you referenced are the ones Jones said he WOULD fight.

Even the smaller HWs would have 15-20lbs on Jones unless he forcibly added weight (which can turn a fighter into a lesser version of themselves)

The LHW and HW limit is separated by way more than any other weight class so to compare Jones not moving up to any other champion not moving up is dumb, of course not every HW is tipping the scales to that limit but the ones that do are the ones Jones has ruled out fighting and I don't see the problem with that.

Woodley walks around at 205, Jones walks around at 230...Same kind of deficit Jones would be facing vs most HWs...Would be a fair fight, right?

None of you guys fight at all so stop talking shit.

The Top HW's probably have 15-20 lbs on Jones come fight night and are around the same height. They're just plain better than him. Wouldn't be top 5 at HW. Why would he move up? his fans need to accept it

Jones would do fine at HW. He has a different skill set than the heavyweights

Well, he is a LHW. So that's fair. This isn't moving from 145 to 155. it's moving from 205 to 265. But hey, lets hang out on the internet and talk shit about a professional fighter being scared.

Back