Jon jones: "I have no desire to fight Dan Henderson"

Hendo is now a gate keeper.
It saddens me but we all agreed this day would come.
Let's give it up tho. The guy had one hell of a long prime span an can still KTFO alot of people!

he doesn't know who to kick since Silva lost, he usually just fights the guys that Silva beats.

Silva first needs to get his belt back, those kinds of barbs are relegated for Champions.

Weidman is the champion of that division and the guy Silva needs to beat first, dont put the carriage ahead of the horse.

Last edited:
Hendo is best to be used right now against guys that will have a firefight with him. Let him go up against someone like Thiago Silva.

agreed. Hendo isnt going to beat jon jones, unless he lands that one punch, but jones has such a long reach that hendo is most likely not going to land it

yea well, if hes looking to impress people, its going to be pretty tough - hes pretty much been ridiculous for 99% of his career - hes good enough to get the 'hes too big for his weidght class' comments and i dont think some people will be impressed with any victory except at HW

he shoud prob just get used to that and defend his title against the most worthy contender, or move up - hes already set a pretty high bar for himself

What you said makes absolutely no sense. Jones is a light heavyweight. He makes weight at the 205lb limit. Does he not? that makes him a light heavyweight.

All fighters cut weight, thats a known fact. If you make the weight, you are that weight class. Jones doesn't look all dehydrated or amaciated, so he's coming in healthy. So he's not cutting chael sonnen type weight. What does gsp weight before cutting weight? I bet he cuts alot of weight also, nobody is saying, oh, he's not really a ww. You are whatever weight you can make, end of story.

I agree, dan has nothing for jones at all, i honestly couldnt even see dan beating guys like glover or lil nog at this point

What you said makes absolutely no sense. Jones is a light heavyweight. He makes weight at the 205lb limit. Does he not? that makes him a light heavyweight.

All fighters cut weight, thats a known fact. If you make the weight, you are that weight class. Jones doesn't look all dehydrated or amaciated, so he's coming in healthy. So he's not cutting chael sonnen type weight. What does gsp weight before cutting weight? I bet he cuts alot of weight also, nobody is saying, oh, he's not really a ww. You are whatever weight you can make, end of story.

i share your view, but my comments still stand - people say stuff like that to rationalize how good someone is, when they become too dominant

Hendo had a couple of chances lined up and he didn't make it.

It's over now..

I agree with Jones.. there really is no reason to set up that fight. There are much more interesting fights to be had.

I don't understand why people are holding hendo's last two performances against him.

In the machida fight he proved he could trade shots with the best striker in the weight class and do just fine.

In the rashad fight he proved he could avoid getting taken down against arguably the best wrestler in the weight class.

Rashad and Machida both used their speed to frustrate Dan, something that the slower Jones may not be as able to do.

agreed. Hendo isnt going to beat jon jones, unless he lands that one punch, but jones has such a long reach that hendo is most likely not going to land it

And Jones could easily put him on his back too.

I don't understand why people are holding hendo's last two performances against him.

In the machida fight he proved he could trade shots with the best striker in the weight class and do just fine.

In the rashad fight he proved he could avoid getting taken down against arguably the best wrestler in the weight class.

Rashad and Machida both used their speed to frustrate Dan, something that the slower Jones may not be as able to do.

Subjective arguments, as you noted.

He proved to me, in those fights, that he would not stand a chance against Jon Jones.

Please, though...Henderson's body is getting old. TRT or not. He has nothing for Jon Jones. I don't want to even see this match. I'm not a fan of Jones.

would make my day to see hendo finish his career by ko'ing jones. would bring back so much to MMA for me.

would make my day to see hendo finish his career by ko'ing jones. would bring back so much to MMA for me.

I would love to see Jesus Christ come back, but that likely won't happen.

Jones isn't saying Hendo can't beat him or is not a great fighter, just that Hendo is getting older and slowing down and is the truth.

I don't blame him for that, nothing about that fight is interesting. Dan had nothing for Jon Jones except a right hand, one that's getting slower and slower with each passing fight.

Jones would annihilate him. No need for that. Dan needs to be trying to lobby for exciting match ups, not one sided beat downs.

if hendo uses his wrestling like how he did back in the days instead of wanting the KO he could win. but he'll tire out in 4th and lose in 5th.

I hope this is a joke/troll job. Jones is waaayyy faster than Hendo, and his reach makes him an even more difficult targer than Machida or Hendo. He'll hit more air than Rampage did trying to reach Jones' chin.

jones saw what happened to anderson
hendo hits even harder

Are people actually calling for this fight with Hendo on a two fight losing skid? Dan will likely never be able to work his way back up to a title shot anyways. He should just be taking big name fights these days and not worry about titles.

Because he didn't do anything.

Machida outstruck him, Jones outstruck Machida. Jones is also a better wrestler than Rashad. Henderson has nothing for Jones, never did.

Back