Jon jones: "I have no desire to fight Dan Henderson"

He's right. It's worth noting that Hendo dropped two SDs to the fastest LHWs outside of the champ--he's not "done" by any means.

He's right. there is nothing to gain, and Hendo still has that right hand sledgehammer, so it's not worth the risk of getting caught.

why the fuck would he? The guy is on a two fight skid

That stuff is true, but people are going to pick him against any LHW.

If he insists in fighting in only fights where people pick "the other guy" he better move up to HW.

Glover is the next great matchup for Jones if he can get by Gus. If Gus wins then Glover is also an interesting matchup for Gus as well. Glover has shown some great boxing skills in his fights.

Yep. You are right. Glover is the next contender after Gus. Then maybe Machida, but does anyone really was to see that again?

If Hendo earns a shot then Bones will have no choice I guess.

Has Hendo earned a shot yet?

If a champion is going to pick and choose his fights, at least have the courtesy to do it behind the scenes with Dana and not on social media. If Hendo works his way up to a title, he should have a right to it like anyone else....I don't care what Jones thinks.

Jones cares about his legacy and what people think about him. Personally I'd like to have Hendo on my resume but I can see where is coming from.

People are already going to pick him to win and just call it an easy fight so why even train for it? He wants to challenge himself which is why he picked Gus as his next fight. After that, he wants to move to Heavyweight for more challenges.

He may come across as cocky but you have to respect his ambitions.

I don't get why it's so cocky for him to be realistic. Guys predict themselves winning all the time without backlash, but when Jones does it he his suddenly demonic.

Yep. You are right. Glover is the next contender after Gus. Then maybe Machida, but does anyone really was to see that again?

Yes. Machida has legions of fans, and some of them act as though Machida was dominating that fight till he lost.

Machida at least showed that he could land pretty clean on Jones but, he doesn't have enough gusto to put him away with a single blow. It's a bad match-up for Machida imo. One of Machida's biggest strengths is his TDD, Jones took him down on his first attempt. In a rematch, Jones likely takes him down and finishes him in the first.

He is not ducking Hendo and I do not want to see it either.

If a champion is going to pick and choose his fights, at least have the courtesy to do it behind the scenes with Dana and not on social media. If Hendo works his way up to a title, he should have a right to it like anyone else....I don't care what Jones thinks.

I disagree. I say if you're going to choose fights, have the stones to own your actions instead of cowering behind the scenes. I really don't think this is picking his fights though, given that Hendo has dropped two in a row.

But this is Henderson... he's wiley... he knocked out Fedor with a love tap.

Fedor played Hendo's game: brawling. So did Shogun. And frankly, both those fights could've gone either way. Fedor and Hendo hurt each other and Hendo is lucky that Shogun's cardio is nearly as bad as his own.

Machida and Rashad didn't brawl with Hendo and neither will Jones. However, Jones can pick Hendo apart easier than others due to his reach, and he can also take him down and do GnP and maybe a sub. And no, Hendo will absolutely not penetrate Jones' 84" reach and land an H-bomb. He's way too slow these days...and even a younger Hendo would have trouble doing that.

Nothing cocky about the comment, its good jones is looking for challenges and is fighting Gus, Glover and then Machida.

Hopefully he moves up to HW.

What jones said was real and love the kids attitude. Hendo is about 42, we hear it all time that jones is fighting aging guys now that jones acknowledges Hendo's age its preposterous to some of you, its comical.

Hendo is old and getting very old, its good Jones is not looking for FREE wins. Blame yourselves with the idea that jones is fighting older veterans, we hear it all the time from fans on here and elsewhere and jones probably heard it as well, good for him.

Hendo is a free win for jones and its refreshing Jones does not want an easy win, which is what Hendo at his age would likely be.

Last edited:
he doesn't know who to kick since Silva lost, he usually just fights the guys that Silva beats.

I don't think Jones would mind fighting Hendo if he did somehow earn a shot again, it just seems so unlikely is the thing. Maybe if Rashad and Machida drop to 185 (which isn't that out of the picture), he could fight slower guys he could beat and work his way up again. Feijao, Fedor, and Shogun--all great wins, but these guys didn't mind slugging it out with Hendo and the top, top guys like Evans, Machida, and Jones don't do that. Dana said he had a hard time picturing the loser of Evans/Hendo getting another title shot and I believe he's correct.

Yep. You are right. Glover is the next contender after Gus. Then maybe Machida, but does anyone really was to see that again.

Machida will get the next shot if he blasts Davis. Another Hendo-like performance and he can kiss another title shot good-bye, assuming Glover blasts Bader (which is highly likely).

It's all about selling PPV's! Losing two fights in a row, like Hendo or having boring fights like Lyoto's last fight doesn't help.

Back