Jon jones: "I have no desire to fight Dan Henderson"

hendo would be destoyed sad to say. so yeah i definitely dont wanna see that. Hendo doesnt even try to throw combos anymore... all he does is circle and throw overhand rights and if u back towards the cage he'll just clinch and dirty box, jones would kill him for even trying that stuff

He may have a better shot at 185. If you think about it, he has wins over top contenders in Belfort and Bisping plus Anderson losing in some way helps erase Hendo getting teeped in the throat by Anderson.

Have you seen his cardio at 205? A weight cut at his age is a bad idea. He's always said that he would cut to 185 for another shot at Anderson, but that would be ill-advised.

Hendo vs. Shogun 2 or Hendo vs. Lil Nog 2. That's what I want to see.

yea well, if hes looking to impress people, its going to be pretty tough - hes pretty much been ridiculous for 99% of his career - hes good enough to get the 'hes too big for his weidght class' comments and i dont think some people will be impressed with any victory except at HW

he shoud prob just get used to that and defend his title against the most worthy contender, or move up - hes already set a pretty high bar for himself

True. I dont see much left for Jones at 205 after the Gus fight.

Hendo is best to be used right now against guys that will have a firefight with him. Let him go up against someone like Thiago Silva.

Sounds good to me. Someone mentioned Glover in another thread, that sounds great too.

With two losses (close or not) he is far away from a title shot and old, time for crowd pleasing brawls.

He may have a better shot at 185. If you think about it, he has wins over top contenders in Belfort and Bisping plus Anderson losing in some way helps erase Hendo getting teeped in the throat by Anderson.

its worth a shot

Jones is unfortunately correct.

I thought Hendo had a decent chance against Jones until the Machida fight where he looked absolutely terrible. Follow that up with the Evans fight where he looked just as bad and did absolutely nothing shows me he longer belongs at the top. Sad to see but true. Jones would massacre him.

Well... Jones is right.
Hendo is a legend, but other than the H-bomb, he has nothing for Jones.

Hendo has fucked off various title shots and now he is too tore up. To bad for him

He's right, I wouldn't mind watching him destroy TRT Hendo though.

Jones would tool Hendo. Fight does not need to happen. Glover or Lyoto would be better fights.

Gus, Lyoto and Glover are the fights that need too happen.

jones' arrogance is extremely annoying.

whether he's right or wrong, he will put himself into a position where people stop watching.

jones is right...hes cocky but he is right

He could say it about virtually anyone and he'd be right... short of jumping to HW, what fight would he not be a heavy favorite?

But then again, Silva could have said the same thing going in against Weidman and not many would argue it much...

But this is Henderson... he's wiley... he knocked out Fedor with a love tap.

I'll always watch Hendo fight.

No thank you. Hendo doesn't train cardio, he hates the weight cut, and he looked like crap against Shields from round 2 through 5. I mean, Hendo gasses at 205 and you want him to cut 20 pounds? Yikes.

Glover is the next great matchup for Jones if he can get by Gus. If Gus wins then Glover is also an interesting matchup for Gus as well. Glover has shown some great boxing skills in his fights.

jones' arrogance is extremely annoying.

whether he's right or wrong, he will put himself into a position where people stop watching.

When has this ever been the case with any fighter? People who hate him will watch to see him lose.

Back