Jon jones: "I have no desire to fight Dan Henderson"

None of these guys that you complained about him not wanting to fight are up-and-comers in Jones' division, and the only one that's even in a position to fight him at present is Machida, whom he's already beaten.

Jones specifically called out Gustafsson, who is an up and comer in his division, and is set to fight him, yet you're complaining that he isn't open to doing exactly what he's just done and implying that it was he was responsible for fighting two MWs in row when that was clearly Zuffa's call.

Sorry brah, but you are one of "those people."

I suppose you missed the part were I said journeyman or contenders..

I never complained once about him fighting MW's! I was pumped for the Vitor fight!! Lol. I think you have me confused with others.

I'd love to see him fight Hendo, just to see Hendo get outwrestled and stopped by strikes.

There are plenty of potential contenders for him to face that are actually coming off of wins...Gus, Glover, Little Nog, Phil Davis...all of (except for maybe Davis) which provide an interesting contrast of styles.

Yeah Jons right. Hendo should have one last big fight on the NYE card and retire in my opinion.

What a cocky duck

How does that make him cocky?

Hendo has nothing for Jones apart from a right hand and he couldn't even get passed Rashad so Jones has no need to care about Hendo.

heh.

If you think Sonnen and Hendo are regarded near the same in terms of LHW status currently you are pretty silly.

This is not about what today's WWE type fans who clamoured for Sonnen think. My point was with regards to how the history books would regard the fight.

Dan is a sure HOF and he is CURRENTLY ranked as a top LHW. To beat a currently ranked top LHW who is also a sure HOF and who is receives votes as an all time p4p is the type of thing that gets repeated in the future when analysts debate the best wins.

Dan is every bit as relevant a win now as Rampage and Shogun were for Jones.

Tito on the other hand has a historical resume but is CURRENTLY irrelevant in the lhw scene.

If you do not see the difference then that is on you.

but yes, we both agree that Jones resume is fine. the point is, legacy wise a win over Hendo would add a lot to it.
Wasn't comparing legacies. A potential fight w/ Hendo would be a notch above the idiocy of the fight w/ Sonnen.
Beating a 40 yr old TRT recipient that has been very unimpressive of late is NOT going to do anything to raise Jones' legacy even if he is HOF material.

When Hendo was closer to his win over Fedor and slugfest w/ shogun it had a bit more value but not now. Fighting Hendo wouldn't even be a lateral move...it'd be a step down unless the issue is forced by the UFC.

Jones fighting Gus, Glover and, maybe Machida (Hendo couldn't beat any of those guys) is all that's left for Jones @ LHW.

after seeing what machida and even rashad did to hendo, i dont really wanna see it either

agreed. hendo's problem at this point is speed, he looks like leben does now, like he's moving in slow motion compared to the guys he's fighting.

shogun is a good win but he's not too fast himself anymore - any of the younger faster LHWs will unfortunately play with hendo at this point. he should start thinking about hanging them up.

I'm sure he's gonna catch a lot of hate for it, but he's absolutely right. This fight does nothing for Jones right now. We've seen Hendo's ceiling. The only fights for Jones that are intriguing are against guys whose ceiling we haven't seen, like Gus and Glover.

Jones is right. He wants to fight the best which I commend him for that. Henderson has nothing for someone like Jones this late in his career. Even in his prime Henderson would probably lose to Jones because Jones would just take him down and keep him there. The fight makes no sense at this point in Dan's career.

If Jones said he wants to fight Hendo people would complain about him beating up middleweights. If he says he doesn't want to fight him, he's cocky.

He can't win.

Except when he gets in the cage.

I have to agree with Jones. Hendo has been quite unimpressive in his last couple of fights.

Back