Jon Jones has finally been tested; expect suspension soon.

it like this if ufc cut jon jones he be free to fight over seas there the usada suspention would matter. it like how cro cop fought in rizin while under usada suspention and that why when bellator signed him his first fight wouldof been overseas.

so if jon jones signed with rizin or bellator while suspended in the usa he just fight overseas where it not matter.

that the biggest reason why ufc wouldn't cut him and just keep his contract frozen until he suspention ends.

except Bellator wouldnt put him on their overseas cards.

For their overseas cards they use the Mohegan Tribe as the Commission and they are part of ABC and respect ABC and other Commission suspensions. Usada suspensions are also on the database. But with CSAC not willing to issue a licence until after his USADA suspension ends, that will be on the ABC database and Mohegan tribe have to therefore abide by the CSAC decision.

Hell, the Mohegan Sun Commission is head of ABC

So no, Bellator would not put him on overseas cards. Mohegan tribe wouldnt license him (and if they did Mazzulli would probably be ousted as head of the ABC)

CSAC revoking his licence until his USADA suspension ends actually deals Jon a really fatal blow because it means no US commission (including Mohegan tribe) can licence him because they all sign up to the ABC regulations.

It basically forced all the US Commissions (and any commissions that are under teh ABC) to adhere to his usada suspension.

I am only vaguely recalling this situation... but I kind of remember that the UFC just released him willingly. as you say. Just to be clear... you're saying that CroCop had more fights left on his contract, but the UFC willingly released him? right? That's kind of what I remember but I'm not sure.

The USADA violation is strange though, because his last fight was just prior to USADA. I guess he was still in the pool though when it was rolled out & so he got a violation. Is that what happened? So with him being at the verge of retirement, & having to sit on the self for however long the UFC just let him have it yeah?
From his Wikipedia:

Cro Cop was expected to face Anthony Hamilton on 28 November 2015 at UFC Fight Night 79.[93] However, on November 10, it was announced that Cro Cop had pulled out of the fight and abruptly announced his retirement.[94] Subsequently, on 11 November 2015, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) notified both Mirko Cro Cop and the UFC that he has been provisionally suspended due to a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation. The following day in a statement Cro Cop confirmed that he had used human growth hormone for his shoulder injury and had admitted this to the UFC.[95] On November 25, Cro Cop was suspended for two years by USADA retroactive to November 9, 2015.[96] On July 20, 2016 UFC announced that it has terminated the remaining bouts of Cro Cop's contract.[97] Despite admitting to the use of hGH and plasma, it was later reported that Mirko Cro Cop's USADA tests were negative. However, the 2-year suspension was not lifted, because he admitted to taking a prohibited drug.[98]

He was suspended because he admitted to USADA that he used a PED to heal an injury, but he never failed a test, let alone an in-competition test like Jones. Cro Cop was able to fight outside the U.S. because he got out of his contract and didn't mind fighting outside the U.S., meanwhile Jones will not be released by the UFC under any circumstance.

I understand that I bet the ufc wishes they had releasing cro cop back. i read a rumor that cro cop lied to ufc about wanting to retire

CSAC revoking his licence until his USADA suspension ends actually deals Jon a really fatal blow because it means no US commission (including Mohegan tribe) can licence him because they all sign up to the ABC regulations.
When Jones' fans talk about CSAC's punishment like he was vindicated, I always laugh because in a lot of ways a revoked license is worse than a suspension.

He was suspended because he admitted to USADA that he used a PED to heal an injury, but he never failed a test, let alone an in-competition test like Jones. Cro Cop was able to fight outside the U.S. because he got out of his contract and didn't mind fighting outside the U.S., meanwhile Jones will not be released by the UFC under any circumstance.

Cro Cop fought for Rizin and it cannot there be compared to Jones going to Bellator.

Some other important differences, Cro Cop's penalty was prior to the agreement between USADA and ABC to put their suspensions in the ABC Database.

Cro Cop was not suspended by a US Commission, Jones HAS had his licence revoked by a US commission, so Bellator cannot use him because they use a US Commission for all their overseas events.

oh.. the reason Cro Cop didnt fail a test is because the test for HGH requires a dedicated blood sample. If they didnt collect that dedicated blood sample, then it stands to reason they cannot analyse that sample for hgh. Had Cro Cop known this, he would have kept his mouth shout.. but its not so much he didnt test positive, but there was no sample for them to analyse..

Cro Cop fought for Rizin and it cannot there be compared to Jones going to Bellator.
Just a FYI: @snackgod is the one who compared Jones situation with Cro Cop's, I was merely explaining why they weren't anywhere near the same:
Jones' situation is NOTHING like Cro Cop.

Jones failed an in-competition test, and CSAC revoked his license, with his re-application of said license being predicated on Jones serving his USADA suspension.
Cro Cop never even failed a test.

Should also be noted, that Cro Cop going and fighting in Japan during his suspension is a large part of why we now have situations like Tom Lawlor where the UFC basically keep them in contract for the 2 years and then release them with a month left.

Someone like Frank Mir did it right. He reached an agreement with the UFC, they released him, but he agreed not to compete until the end date of his suspension.

Cro Cop told the UFC he was retiring and wasnt going to compete anymore, so please could they let him go and then we went off and fought in Japan.

When people have sympathy for guys like Lawlor who basically got held to contract for 2 years and then cut once his suspension was coming to an end they have Cro Cop to thank.

HIs actions fucked it up for everyone.

HIs actions fucked it up for everyone.
But if the UFC didn't do that, the suspensions wouldn't mean anything then. I can't say I have much sympathy for suspended fighters.

But if the UFC didn't do that, the suspensions wouldn't mean anything then. I can't say I have much sympathy for suspended fighters.

Tom asked for his release.

Not with any plans of competing in MMA abroad etc, but just to be free of the UFC, out of the testing pool, not having to file wherabouts etc. He just didnt want to be employed by the UFC anymore.

If they could release the fighter and the fighter didnt fight until suspension over, UFC would be fine with it. But Cro Cops actions is what has led to them not doing it (with fighters that could be considered even slightly a draw)

Just a FYI: @snackgod is the one who compared Jones situation with Cro Cop's, I was merely explaining why they weren't anywhere near the same:

the reasons both people were suspended are different.

but what cro cop got to do is fight over seas while a 2 year suspention was on after the ufc cut him,

after what happened to cro cop the ufc would never release someone that could fight overseas.

I bet the ufc would have lliek to have the cutting cro cop move back cause it was said he lied to the ufc about just retiring but instead he signed to fight in japan.

All three of DC's fans are shaking in their boots.

Not with any plans of competing in MMA abroad etc, but just to be free of the UFC, out of the testing pool, not having to file wherabouts etc.
It's pretty easy to remove oneself from the testing pool, I can't say that I understand his rationale.

It's pretty easy to remove oneself from the testing pool, I can't say that I understand his rationale.
but then your suspension would never end and the UFC would never release you.

if UFC arent releasing guys till suspension up, leaving the pool not the answer :D

but then your suspension would never end and the UFC would never release you.

if UFC arent releasing guys till suspension up, leaving the pool not the answer :D
I guess it's a catch twenty two. Are AC's made aware of failed out of competition drug tests? Does it affect fighters' likelihood of receiving a license?

I guess it's a catch twenty two. Are AC's made aware of failed out of competition drug tests? Does it affect fighters' likelihood of receiving a license?

usada suspensions are put on the ABC database for "information purposes"

usada suspensions are put on the ABC database for "information purposes"
I wonder if there's a precedent of fighters who were released by the UFC, mid-suspension, being denied a license by an AC...

Welp, according to Jones himself. Sorry if this already posted before.

Never left the testing pool for a day but gets tested for the first time in months.... Jon being Jon, I guess.

Back