Jon Jones' failed 'B'-sample drug test could be good news for UFC star sports.yahoo.com/jon-jones-fa

Is this another article about how Jon Jones is finally going to start acting like an adult?

This is the same guy (Kevin Iole) that wrote on Yahoo saying Tyrone Woodley was the UFC's version of The Rock

The guy is a flaming liberal and a shit journalist to boot

It's pretty easy to figure out what his agenda is

I hope he continues getting a load of crap for this asinine article which is complete spin and damage control

The information age is really a bitch in this case. How many people have come out saying, "well, he passed his blood test." Only to be made a fool of because EVERYONE now knows tbol isnt even tested for in blood. 20 years ago i wouldnt be surprised if this could be made to go away by putting out mass press releases re his negative blood test.
yes. here's an excerpt

The fact that the B-sample came back positive for M3, the metabolite of turinabol, and not for the parent compound itself, may well be good news for Jones.The parent compound has a half-life of 16 hours, meaning it leaves the body in less than a day. Jones’ positive test came at the weigh-in on July 28. Jones passed a blood test after the fight on July 29, though turinabol is detected in testing via urine, not blood.

He's saying that the "silver lining" is that he passed a blood test a day later, even though turibinol isn't tested in the blood.

when really, the "good news" doesn't exist and is something the author used to get click links.

Is Jeff positive that they tested for the metabolite in the previous tests? It's a relatively new test and not one that I imagine they would give everyone every time.

Novitsky is not reasonable I suppose

Novitsky is letting the process play out. He's not protecting Jon; he's protecting the process. Even if he thinks Jon is guilty as sin, he needs to show that USADA has an objective and unbiased approach to this. Jones isn't the only athlete they deal with, and athletes need to trust that they will be treated fairly.

No he wasn't, otherwise he would've quoted me back and said so. Why would him being stripped in 2015 be relevant?
It seemed clear to me that he was referring to Jones being previously stripped. It's relevant now because Jones consistent fuckery undercuts the theory that he could have been set up because no one could be that reckless.

No he wasn't, otherwise he would've quoted me back and said so. Why would him being stripped in 2015 be relevant?

Yes he was referring to 2015 - you are complaining that people aren't reading your shit article all the while you can't even read a one line post.

First he has the testosterone levels of a 10 year old Chinese girl.

Then he hides under a cage when USADA arrives at the gym.

Then it's dick pills.

Then it's a setup.

Combine that with the fact that he always seems to physically out-perform his opponents (stronger, better cardio, etc.).

Anyone who thinks he is innocent has battered wife syndrome.
We may have battered wife syndrome but we want more!

Even Novitsky defending Jon now, case is looking really good. Watch Dimspace try to call Novitsky a fraud and a nobody and get 25 likes.

Where does he defend Jon?

Here's his quote

“I would very much encourage everybody, despite where we’re at in this with the B-sample being confirmed, I would encourage the media, I would encourage Jon’s fans, I would encourage those who aren’t fans of Jon’s, to let this process play out,” Novitzky said. “We’ve seen many different things happen here, where there are varying degrees of responsibility. His team is working hard on it. We’re working hard. USADA’s working hard.

“Everybody wants the same thing, to figure out how this happened. Please, before anyone jumps to conclusions about Jon, let this process play out.”

All he is saying is let the process run its course before making judgements

Novitsky is letting the process play out. He's not protecting Jon; he's protecting the process. Even if he thinks Jon is guilty as sin, he needs to show that USADA has an objective and unbiased approach to this. Jones isn't the only athlete they deal with, and athletes need to trust that they will be treated fairly.

Quoted for making sense in a sea of stupidity

Where does he defend Jon?

Here's his quote

“I would very much encourage everybody, despite where we’re at in this with the B-sample being confirmed, I would encourage the media, I would encourage Jon’s fans, I would encourage those who aren’t fans of Jon’s, to let this process play out,” Novitzky said. “We’ve seen many different things happen here, where there are varying degrees of responsibility. His team is working hard on it. We’re working hard. USADA’s working hard.

“Everybody wants the same thing, to figure out how this happened. Please, before anyone jumps to conclusions about Jon, let this process play out.”

All he is saying is let the process run its course before making judgements
He went on to say in the article that there were serious questions about how and why the drug entered his system in a short window because he had previously tested clean. Now, here's my question. Novitzky is the Compliance Officer for the UFC, not a representative for USADA, correct? Would he necessarily, at this point, be fully aware of exactly which tests Jon had been given leading up to the fight and what those results were?

First he has the testosterone levels of a 10 year old Chinese girl.

Then he hides under a cage when USADA arrives at the gym.

Then it's dick pills.

Then it's a setup.

Combine that with the fact that he always seems to physically out-perform his opponents (stronger, better cardio, etc.).

Anyone who thinks he is innocent has battered wife syndrome.

#JonesBless

What horseshit. By that rationale B-Sample results are meaningless. If it came back negative, Jon is clean. Comes back positive, proves Jon didn't intentionally use.

<36>

For me, I don't care if his team finds some way to blame this on a supplement. You get one pass on that excuse. If you aren't careful enough to make sure that shit doesn't happen twice, no sympathy.

It seemed clear to me that he was referring to Jones being previously stripped. It's relevant now because Jones consistent fuckery undercuts the theory that he could have been set up because no one could be that reckless.
I agree that in Jon Jones' case, the 'I would never be so stupid defense' is not a good defence. Novitzky does defend Jon when he said that anyone could google the metabolite test and find out that it had a much longer detection window than the drug itself. But: This is a guy who said that he trusted a peripheral gym hanger-on to supply him with dick pills from an unknown source when he knew that he was responsible for whatever he put in his body. This indicates a willingness to trust almost anyone about pills and supplements and it shows no evidence of any do diligence when it comes to these things. Now, imagine that someone approaches him, perhaps someone he greatly trusts and who has experience and connections in these things and says they have a steroid that is out of the system in 16 hours and can't otherwise be detected. Now imagine that perhaps this is true for the NFL but not for sports overseen by USADA because USADA uses a metabolite test that NFL players don't have to take into account. I think in this situation, it's quite likely that Jon got caught by a test that he didn't know existed.

Back