Jon Jones, Fabricio Werdum and Dominick Cruz: Smartest guys in the game?

It's not like he suddenly came out and started dancing around. He drilled his movements for years. Look at him in his early days for example against Faber the first time, he looked pretty ordinary. Even if there was a gift, it needed to be developed.

Hand eye coordination is essential to have success at any sport that require aiming and throwing and fighters who don't have it usually get thwarted by natural selection process. He's no more gifted than anyone at the top of the food chain.

He absolutely is more gifted. You don't seem to understand genetic potential. You could have a group of fighters train like Cruz, think like him and just drill technique untill they're blue in the face for years, you're not gonna be moving that quickly and effeciently if you don't have the genetics for it. Your mommy and daddy must have raised you with "you can be anything you want to be if you work at it sweety" but they lied to you, son. Some things you will never be able to do like others because you simply don't have their natural abilities they were born with.

Gsp if he comes back.

No one had higher fight iq

What in the fuck is hallway mir

Never forget:

0.gif

Before victory you must first remove the possibility of defeat.

Ahh back story???

As you can see in the short video above, both men go at it in the corridor throwing punches, attacking for submissions and going for takedowns. While the conclusion isn't shown in the video, it's doubtful it was a serious altercation. It appears more as an impromptu sparring session and the two have a friendly history. In fact, Mir appeared on TUF 17 as Jon's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu coach. Regardless, it's a fun video and you should check it out.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/...r-play-fight-in-russian-hotel-following-after

Jon Jones is a freak athletic specimen (by the subpar MMA standards). That doesn't mean he has high fight IQ.

Yeah, they aren't related. He has both physical and mental gifts

The word smart should not be uttered in the same sentence as Jones.

1. You don't know him enough to know his actual iq, so shut up.
2. His fight iq is maybe the best ever.

Pretty sure HHH is the smartest he married the bosses daughter and got the bosses son disowned, so he gets the money and gets his pee pee drained.
Disowned?

Haven't followed WWE since the 90's. What do you mean disowned?

(I assume you mean real life, not scripted)

Nick Diaz.

Keeps retiring, and getting GOATs to come knocking on his door for million-dollar fights.

Hell, he even got the athletic commission to tuck their tail. All this via smoking weed and saying fuck a lot.

Man is brilliant.

IQ GOATs go to Erick Silva, BJ Penn, Rhonda Rousey and Mayhem Miller.

Jon Jones is a freak athletic specimen (by the subpar MMA standards). That doesn't mean he has high fight IQ.
He has worked every fighter he has faced out, easily. His gameplan against Cormier was very cunning. He adapts well and is creative, as seen by the shoulder crank on Glover. I do not like him but he has great fighting instincts.

Jones is a great fighter with an amazing ability to adapt and create in real time during a fight, but you don't need to administer Jones an IQ test to realize that he has some intellectual, and emotional problems outside of the cage.

Agreed about cock guy and Cruz . Judging from Cruz's interviews .. he got mind of goats

Oh gee, someone with a Jonathan avatar comes on his donkey to white knight his hero, how shocking. What's next, someone with a Conor avatar raging whenever McGregor gets criticized?!

Overeem? Really? I would say he has some of the worst fight IQ, although Jackson has been helping that. He has lost several fights where he had the superior talent and physical tools. Yes, cardio was a big factor but so was fight IQ, IMO

Actually I wasn t talking about fight IQ, I tought this thread was about how smart they appear as people, when they speak. Maybe I m mistaken about the thread's subject.
EDIT : I didn t read carefully, my bad

Back