Jon Jones, Fabricio Werdum and Dominick Cruz: Smartest guys in the game?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Imho, these 3 have the best "brains" in the game nowadays, they have great fight IQ, and are really good breaking down their opponents. I think Conor has a great mind too, but these 3 are above him by now.
So, what you guys think, agree or disagree? If you want, add some other high IQ fighters!

Pretty sure HHH is the smartest he married the bosses daughter and got the bosses son disowned, so he gets the money and gets his pee pee drained.

Pretty sure HHH is the smartest he married the bosses daughter and got the bosses son disowned, so he gets the money and gets his pee pee drained.

He is the Cerebral Assassin after all.

Jon Jones is a freak athletic specimen (by the subpar MMA standards). That doesn't mean he has high fight IQ.

jones is smart in the cage but a an absolute dunce outside of it lol

Wrong "sport", bro. One is a soap opera and one is fighting turned into a sport... bro.

On topic, all three of these are definitely guys I would put in the top 5. Im sure if I thought about it long enough there are a couple I might add, but Werdum would definitely be the first one that comes to my mind. I used to not like him (he de-throned my favorite fighter and had an absolute stinker fighting AO), but he has really impressed me the last 6 years or so.

The word smart should not be uttered in the same sentence as Jones.

Interesting question, of the champions fighter IQ'S
Joanna (Ok)
Tate (Good)
MM (Good)
Cruz (Great)
McGregor (Good, but still inexperienced)
RDA (ok)
Lawler (ok)
Rockhold (Good)
Jones (Great)
Werdum (Good)

imo

I think some of the smartest non-champions would be Frankie Edgar, Urijah Faber, Cerrone, Condit, Silva

First guy can't outsmart the law or hallway Mir.

Dum couldn't out smart half a dozen opponents.

Cruz can't outsmart health issues

wlhunterchyna-1439883980-800.jpg

He almost married that

Jon Jones fan here, but I really wouldn't put him up there with Dominick Cruz in this one. I also don't think he's as smart as a guy like mighty mouse. I feel like Jon makes small, stupid mistakes sometimes, like when he sacrificed top position on OSP to go for a soccer kick that didn't really do anything. I get that he just wanted to kick the shit out of him but it's not the "smart" move in that position.

Tank Abbott...definitely the highest fight IQ in the cage and out...

First guy can't outsmart the law or hallway Mir.

Dum couldn't out smart half a dozen opponents.

Cruz can't outsmart health issues

This isn't a chess match or IQ test. Being a smarter fighter doesn't always mean a win, and being smart doesn't mean you have no problems in life. I know you are trolling, but its really stupid.

I would pick someone who does not have the crazy genetics those guys have and relies more on technique and understanding his own limits.

Back