Jon Jones Destroys a "Prime" Fedor

We all saw what happened when Fedor stepped into a sanctioned organization.

This fight would end like Old Man Henderson, Werdum, and Bigfoot.

It would be Jones vs Shogun, just to much a disparity in skill and fight iq

Fedor would jut wing his wild haymakers and get taken down like shogun and pummeled. Fedor wasnt really a skilled striker he just had alot of toughness and managed to catch the bums he fought. Guys like rumble, jones,anderson would beat the shit out of him.

Fedor is a myth, he fought most of his career in an unsanctioned circus org against bums. When you look at his skillset he has shit boxing as well. Just throws telegraphed punches and has power which is why he got away with it for so long,he has no defense at all either. This all got exposed in strikeforce.

Considering Vitor Belfort who's never arm barred anybody in his career just about brought Jons back to Brazil I'm going to have to go with Fedor by armbar

Did Jones tap? He let his arm pop, possibly break and went on to beat the shit out of him with one good arm..

Have you actually WATCHED Fedor's fights or are you just one of the people that started watching mma after Fedor , pride days etc.

Cause if you actually watched Fedor's fights - you'd know that he'd either take him down, slam him, trip him, or just manhandle Jones to a bad positiion and see how he survives there. Sorry, but no "distance feeling out" eyepoke fingers can defend against a dude grabbing hold of you in manner he wants and throwing you around like a ragdoll. Consistently he did this to bigger, taller, superior reached dudes.

Like honestly, do you have - ANY - idea how well Fedor could take ANY motherfucker down at will? Down to the god damn CENTIMETRE he'd place his feet, limbs, body, whatever he'd fucking show PERFECT technique to SLAM A MOTHERFUCKER DOWN no matter how good their TDD. Watch his fights, god damn.

Have you actually WATCHED Fedor's fights or are you just one of the people that started watching mma after Fedor , pride days etc.

Cause if you actually watched Fedor's fights - you'd know that he'd either take him down, slam him, trip him, or just manhandle Jones to a bad positiion and see how he survives there. Sorry, but no "distance feeling out" eyepoke fingers can defend against a dude grabbing hold of you in manner he wants and throwing you around like a ragdoll. Consistently he did this to bigger, taller, superior reached dudes.

Like honestly, do you have - ANY - idea how well Fedor could take ANY motherfucker down at will? Down to the god damn CENTIMETRE he'd place his feet, limbs, body, whatever he'd fucking show PERFECT technique to SLAM A MOTHERFUCKER DOWN no matter how good their TDD. Watch his fights, god damn.

Different times, different fighters. That's like someone in Fedora time saying, did you watch Royce gracie fight? He could take any man down and arm bar him. Techniques/game plans are much more refined now. Fedor wouldn't be stepping in there with some Japanese can and old school fighter from a bs organization like PRIDE he'd be stepping in the ring with one of the best grapplers and longest fighter he'd ever face. Lol at Fedor just rushing in there and taking jones down. Daniel fucking cormier couldn't do shit to Jones grappling wise but Fedor would just rush in there and take him down lol kids these dayz

e32971d4923a4f5fcfe8ca03dca6aad6f2490494f3f5d54ca3fc8af48cbced15.jpg

Did Jones tap? He let his arm pop, possibly break and went on to beat the shit out of him with one good arm..
That's the thing. If that were Fedor who was basically known for armbars Jon's arm would be on the mantle over Putin fireplace right now. It's very possible with his layoff and his last performance against Ovince and now he's of the juice that the prime of Jones career is behind him also

Different times, different fighters. That's like someone in Fedora time saying, did you watch Royce gracie fight? He could take any man down and arm bar him. Techniques/game plans are much more refined now. Fedor wouldn't be stepping in there with some Japanese can and old school fighter from a bs organization like PRIDE he'd be stepping in the ring with one of the best grapplers and longest fighter he'd ever face. Lol at Fedor just rushing in there and taking jones down. Daniel fucking cormier couldn't do shit to Jones grappling wise but Fedor would just rush in there and take him down lol kids these dayz
Longest fighter he ever faced? This is how we know you started watching MMA last year because you thought Rogan was HOT. Fedor armbarred Semmy Schilt for fucks sake. We won't mention HMC or Silvia or a host of other guys who had similar reach to Jones but more balls to not cut weight and not fight guys like Matt Hamill and Ovince St Preux

Jon Jones tested positive for steroids or PEDS after Gustafson fight? That's news to me!

Fedora was knocked out cold by a 40 year old natural mw lol!

Easy to play this game.

Jones is a roider. There's a reason he has shown suspect T levels, hides under cages and gets popped for post steroid cicle drugs.

Who's Fedora?

That's the thing. If that were Fedor who was basically known for armbars Jon's arm would be on the mantle over Putin fireplace right now. It's very possible with his layoff and his last performance against Ovince and now he's of the juice that the prime of Jones career is behind him also

Well Jones was never busted for roids and Pride not only encouraged roids they had those set ups and staged fights.

That said.
Sanctioned fights- Old Man Henderson, Big foot and Werdum.

There is no prime Fyedor, only Soviet/Athiest Fedor, and Orthodox Monk Fyedor.

Royce came from an era where cross training was all but non existent though where as Fedor came from an area where he trained with world class Judo, Sambo, Boxing and Kickboxing coaches. The idea that theres been a big technical advance since the mid 00''s at HW is I'm afraid just spiel the UFC has fed you in order to empty your pockets. Other divisions have advanced rather more(WW and MW for example) as significant investment in them was much longer coming, hence fewer talented fighters attracted and able to pay for high level training.

I certainly wouldn't say Fedor would take Jones down easily but I also wouldn't rule it out. Your dealing with a very different threat to Cormier there I'd say, DC basically fights his way into the clinch and then starts to look to takedowns, Fedor linked his takedowns into his standup more effectively meaning opponents were much more likely to be caught off balance.

Again I think the biggest issues Jones would face vs Fedor though would he his striking and sub grappling. Just as people think Rumble could be a threat to Jones so could Fedor, unlike say Cormier and Glover they do not need to get close to throw there biggest shots but can explode in from mid range meaning that keeping them at distance isn't a safe option. The big difference to Rumble though is that Fedor didnt fold when put on his back, he threatened and Jones really is quite untested vs elite grappling, he made a very similar error to Coleman for example that almost got him armbarred by Vitor and a larger more powerful fighter would I think have finished him.

Royce came from an era where cross training was all but non existent though where as Fedor came from an area where he trained with world class Judo, Sambo, Boxing and Kickboxing coaches. The idea that theres been a big technical advance since the mid 00''s at HW is I'm afraid just spiel the UFC has fed you in order to empty your pockets. Other divisions have advanced rather more(WW and MW for example) as significant investment in them was much longer coming, hence fewer talented fighters attracted and able to pay for high level training.

I certainly wouldn't say Fedor would take Jones down easily but I also wouldn't rule it out. Your dealing with a very different threat to Cormier there I'd say, DC basically fights his way into the clinch and then starts to look to takedowns, Fedor linked his takedowns into his standup more effectively meaning opponents were much more likely to be caught off balance.

Again I think the biggest issues Jones would face vs Fedor though would he his striking and sub grappling. Just as people think Rumble could be a threat to Jones so could Fedor, unlike say Cormier and Glover they do not need to get close to throw there biggest shots but can explode in from mid range meaning that keeping them at distance isn't a safe option. The big difference to Rumble though is that Fedor didnt fold when put on his back, he threatened and Jones really is quite untested vs elite grappling, he made a very similar error to Coleman for example that almost got him armbarred by Vitor and a larger more powerful fighter would I think have finished him.

So how does Fedor transition striking to takedowns against a guy that can keep him at far distance? Fedor would be striking from Jones reach and Jones has made a living off nullifying guys trying to rush in wildly at him with strikes. Exploding in from distance with strikes seems to be the worst plan to defeat jones. Jones is also good in the clinch and has good leverage that would aid in defending from any possible judo takedowns from fedor and in being able to control the clinch encounters . As far as evolution I'm referencing evolution of fighter/game plans/techniques. The pride fighters/ organization back then were not as refined as the competitors today. Pride was somewhat of a clownshow. You had dudes like yoshids coming in the ring with judo gi and people using weird/ unrefined techniques and strategy.

So how does Fedor transition striking to takedowns against a guy that can keep him at far distance? Fedor would be striking from Jones reach and Jones has made a living off nullifying guys trying to rush in wildly at him with strikes. Exploding in from distance with strikes seems to be the worst plan to defeat jones. Jones is also good in the clinch and has good leverage that would aid in defending from any possible judo takedowns from fedor and in being able to control the clinch encounters . As far as evolution I'm referencing evolution of fighter/game plans/techniques. The pride fighters/ organization back then were not as refined as the competitors today. Pride was somewhat of a clownshow. You had dudes like yoshids coming in the ring with judo gi and people using weird/ unrefined techniques and strategy.

Again I'd agree taking Jones down would not be easily but linking striking and takedowns does I think provide a very different test to Cormier. DC basically works via getting into the clinch and then fishing for openings, Jones countered this by getting him at range and when he did get in the clinch used levenerage and generally taking a defensive stance to shutdown Cormier. Fedor on the other hand didn't tend to spend nearly as much time as Cormier in the clinch, his style was to quickly switch from striking to wrestling and take someone down when they were off balance hence I think being at range for much of the fight would be less of a problem for him.

The evolution your talking about had already happened at HW by the mid 00's and I think the division has actually regressed since that point with less slick technique on display and indeed fewer advanced technical displays. Again the UFC loves to hype evolution across the sport as it makes sure todays product is always "the best ever", sometimes its true, not at HW though.

{<huh}

The Doctor stopped it in between rounds because those extreamly weak punches left Fedor with an eye that was swelled shut.
c1b1726e6fe7d710ea0cfe66710bb5a0.jpg

You're eye can swell from a good poke to the skin, it doesn't mean much.

Bigfoot had full mount for about the entire 2nd round and when the round ended Fedor stood up and walked back to his corner like nothing happened. A man Bigfoot's size should be able to KO someone within 2-3 punches when in full mount, the guy landed 100, many pretty cleanly and he couldn't phase Fedor.

Back