Jon Jones could become an informant to get a lesser suspension

as hilarious as it would be, how much power do words of a criminal and a habitual PED abuser have?
giphy.webp

For a while now I have been adamant that Jon Jones' team is just delaying the process with USADA, trying to bargain for a better deal. But interestingly USADA also took a long time to suspend Frank Mir for Turinabol.

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/usada-frank-mir-suspension-ufc

I wonder if maybe there's a parallel criminal investigation for TBol +ve tests? This is an illegal substance, and I'm sure that authorities would be interested in identifying and arresting people involved in Turinabol production and distribution.

Given that Frank Mir got 2 years for Turinabol, I'm guessing he didn't cooperate with any criminal investigation (i.e. become an informant). So 2 years should be the crystal clear precedent for Jon Jones as a baseline suspension. However, we *might* see Jon Jones get less than 2 years if he becomes a rat, and informs on whoever supplied him with the Turinabol.

Do you guys think Jon Jones would become an informant to save his own skin??

The guy is the main name there is no one above him, informants are used for the big names not the other way around

How can he inform the USADA of anything when as we all know he never took anything, he was framed and its all tainted dick pills and hateraide that caused the positive test at least according to his manager and fans?

What information could he give? "I couldnt get it up."

See this is where mythology meets law.

You have no idea how this stuff works huh? that stuff comes in regular mail...from the US...so it doesn't go through customs...nobody is looking through packages..billions of packages go through the mail all the time...nobody is looking at anything...and the stuff might come with a moisterizer name on the outside...Trust me, it's 99% fool proof.

got nothing to do with customs or the mail service. has to do when the site or person selling gets busted.

the seller has a customer list, that customer list has the emails, the addresses for despatch.. when the seller gets busted so do the purchasers.

And buying from abroad makes no fucking difference.

Ask Joe Papp. His website Eposino was Chinese.. chinese suppliers and distributors.. customers were buying from a secure chinese website...

But as long as there is human involvement there is paper. Sure, the US Mail dont check your post, customs might let something through, but what happens when Joe gets busted???

HIs paper list of customers still exists, with names, addresses.. who gets that...? USADA

Go find the list of people busted because they were on Joe's customer list..

Theye didnt get busted because of the mail service, or customs.. they got busted because Joe had a written list of his customers (like any seller will have)

As soon as you purchase, no matter how many precautions you take, you go on that list..

99% foolproof? its not even 1% foolproof..

You have no idea how this stuff works huh?

Lol.. no, i just happen to know someone who ran a fucking chinese website selling epo..

the po box traceable back to you

the friend, teammate, traceable back to you

phone records, cctv cameras, all destroy your anonymity

Even if you buy a a fake identity from certain criminal elements ?

Also damn USADA has detectives and stuff to traces all that back to you ?

So better go with a doctor but a better one then what Carwin had.. that goof kept a public list.

If Jones doesn't get at the very least a 3 year suspension, then USADA is a joke, the UFC is a joke and MMA as a whole is a joke.

Even if you buy a a fake identity from certain criminal elements ?

Also damn USADA has detectives and stuff to traces all that back to you ?

So better go with a doctor but a better one then what Carwin had.. that goof kept a public list.

the weak link in the chain is always the seller. they have paper records, names, addresses. when they get busted, everyone down the chain is fucked.

and yes, usada can work with law enforcement if they can determine a law may have been broken.. Armstrong, Balco great examples.

yes. Doctor is the best route. but they are notorious for keeping records. when they get busted, everyone goes down. But, they are also the people who can order drugs, "research chemicals" etc in reasonable quantities without drawing attention to themselves.

But all doctors keep records.. they may think they are clever and use codenames and the like. but they are never that smart.. their codenames are usually pretty dumb :D

HIs paper list of customers still exists, with names, addresses.. who gets that...? USADA

I really think you are overestimating USADA overall.

Let's see them how they handle Jones let's keep it real anything less then 4 years and they are corrupt or incompetent.

the weak link in the chain is always the seller. they have paper records, names, addresses. when they get busted, everyone down the chain is fucked.

and yes, usada can work with law enforcement if they can determine a law may have been broken.. Armstrong, Balco great examples.

Yea but it will just be a random PO box rarely used in another city.. getting picked up by a fake ID and not even yourself either.

C'mon people are getting away with it somehow, it's harder but I don't believe for a second that USADA is really stopping doping.. nothing is clean.

yes. Doctor is the best route. but they are notorious for keeping records. when they get busted, everyone goes down. But, they are also the people who can order drugs, "research chemicals" etc in reasonable quantities without drawing attention to themselves.

But all doctors keep records.. they may think they are clever and use codenames and the like. but they are never that smart.. their codenames are usually pretty dumb :D

Well that goof with Carwin literately had his name right besides the drugs or some shit it was pathetic.

And how about that Jackson team doctor what he is doing he sure as shit is the supplier to that camp most likely.

I really think you are overestimating USADA overall.

Let's see them how they handle Jones let's keep it real anything less then 4 years and they are corrupt or incompetent.

well i was directly referring to an actual case that has actually happened so no..

who eposino went down Joe's customer list ended up with USADA

And how about that Jackson team doctor what he is doing he sure as shit is the supplier to that camp most likely.

Hightower? yeh, im suspicious of fuck of that guy...

his own physique is enough to fail the eye test let alone anything else..

Hightower? yeh, im suspicious of fuck of that guy...

his own physique is enough to fail the eye test let alone anything else..

I wanna see what happens with Brock.. this is the ultimate battle.. is Brock smart enough to hire the best doctors with the updated PEDs and all the tricks he can use.

He can easily make 15+ millions from his next fight so this should be a proper investment in any PEDs and a direct battle with USADA testing.. I wonder what happened the first time he just used his old connection or he did a random mistake, why would he be back if he isn't sure he will make it till fight night.

I wanna see what happens with Brock.. this is the ultimate battle.. is Brock smart enough to hire the best doctors with the updated PEDs and all the tricks he can use.

He can easily make 15+ millions from his next fight so this should be a proper investment in any PEDs and a direct battle with USADA testing.. I wonder what happened the first time he just used his old connection or he did a random mistake, why would he be back if he isn't sure he will make it till fight night.

i think Brock will try and do it clean. too much to lose. 6 months isnt going to make the world of difference (and hes not beating cormier anyway), its just a money grab

i think Brock will try and do it clean. too much to lose. 6 months isnt going to make the world of difference (and hes not beating cormier anyway), its just a money grab

Do it clean.. after so much time and at 40 yakes.

True but Jones I feel is still a drawing star for the ufc that is undefeated and still being talked about as goat. He is still relevant and his market value hasn’t gone down either probably even after all these incidents, the bad boys actually get even more popular when being reprimanded. Conor is an example of that.

I don’t put it past them to collude together, and many other aspects of how both the ufc and usada have operated in the past are shady to say the least. I wouldn’t give them the benefit of the doubt.
What has been shady?

Back