Jon Jones could become an informant to get a lesser suspension

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For a while now I have been adamant that Jon Jones' team is just delaying the process with USADA, trying to bargain for a better deal. But interestingly USADA also took a long time to suspend Frank Mir for Turinabol.

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/usada-frank-mir-suspension-ufc

I wonder if maybe there's a parallel criminal investigation for TBol +ve tests? This is an illegal substance, and I'm sure that authorities would be interested in identifying and arresting people involved in Turinabol production and distribution.

Given that Frank Mir got 2 years for Turinabol, I'm guessing he didn't cooperate with any criminal investigation (i.e. become an informant). So 2 years should be the crystal clear precedent for Jon Jones as a baseline suspension. However, we *might* see Jon Jones get less than 2 years if he becomes a rat, and informs on whoever supplied him with the Turinabol.

Do you guys think Jon Jones would become an informant to save his own skin??

scumbag-jon-jones-dui.jpg

Damn so the rumours saying he might come back November might be true. He mightve snitched on Yoel, he just got tested today......

The idea of Jones getting off scot free because he snitches on other fighters is hilarious to me

For those interested, the specific clause used by USADA is the "Substantial assistance" clause...

upload_2018-8-10_19-16-46.png
upload_2018-8-10_19-17-16.png

substantial assistance has to lead to either anti doping charges or criminal charges against another individual.

what is substantial? well admitting taking something and naming the guy who supplied it isnt going to get much.. maybe a 25% reduction in your punishment..

Naming a doctor that provided the substance as part of a doping program, and investigation determining that that doctor was doping mulitple athletes in a range of sports... that would potentially get a 75-100% reduction

Dropping doctors in it is the most common one, weve seen a few instances where a doctor has been named and thats led not only to the doctor being banned by USADA (So no athletes in the testing pool can use them), but also criminal charges against the doctor, licence stripped as well as other athletes being implicated.

weve also seen a few instances in cycling where idiot fatty 40 year old masters riders have been caught and immediately dropped all their mates in teh shit to try and get a reduction.

Jones gets off on Time served ......... headlines 230 against Gus.

Sociopaths do what puts them in a better position. There's no more thought into it other than "does this benefit me ?"

While interesting possibility, I doubt it.

I think everything is being done in house and there is collusion going on between usada and the ufc. The probabilities are high that Jon will fight soon. Too much money and interests at stake for there not to be any tampering involved in some way or fashion.

So 2 years should be the crystal clear precedent for Jon Jones as a baseline suspension.

Yet it's not his first offense so even 2 years shouldn't really apply for him but screw rules money talks.

While interesting possibility, I doubt it.

I think everything is being done in house and there is collusion going on between usada and the ufc. The probabilities are high that Jon will fight soon. Too much money and interests at stake for there not to be any tampering involved in some way or fashion.

there really isnt that much money at stake.

The UFC contract is a small percentage of USADA's overall income, and to the UFC Jones has repeatedly proven to be a liability. He has only one official fight since January 2015 and has been stripped of the title three times in that period.

Sociopaths do what puts them in a better position. There's no more thought into it other than "does this benefit me ?"

He wouldnt train at Jacksons anymore If he would spill the beans that much is certain. PED Doping in MMA is very similar to cycling back then in that its distribution channels and aplication are organized by teams.

Now take a hard guess which teams are involved with a very high probabillity. A deep law enforcement investigation would destroy most famous gyms. Jones would have a lot of enemies.

there really isnt that much money at stake.

The UFC contract is a small percentage of USADA's overall income, and to the UFC Jones has repeatedly proven to be a liability. He has only one official fight since January 2015 and has been stripped of the title three times in that period.
True but Jones I feel is still a drawing star for the ufc that is undefeated and still being talked about as goat. He is still relevant and his market value hasn’t gone down either probably even after all these incidents, the bad boys actually get even more popular when being reprimanded. Conor is an example of that.

I don’t put it past them to collude together, and many other aspects of how both the ufc and usada have operated in the past are shady to say the least. I wouldn’t give them the benefit of the doubt.

He’s wearing a wire!

Jon Jones is the Pussy Bonpensiero or Sammy the Bull of MMA.

Greg, Mike and Holly will have to take him for a boat ride.

Back