Media Jon Jones CONFIRMS Retirement After Stipe Fight "Im Gonna Beat The Old Man And Ride Off Into Sunset"

You guys are so hilarious.

Why would Jones fight into his 40's and end up like Chuck and everyone else?

He isn't quitting like Khabib did after 2-3 good opponents. Calm your tits.
I honestly don't mind him quitting but if he is quitting they should take the belt off of him cos this fight doesn't have nothing to do w the title, Jon didn't beat the champ for it and Stipe doesn't deserve a shot and it's already held up the div for quite some time.

Because of the circumstances people are not happy about any of this and it's a hard sell all around. Jones wanting to retire is understandable but if he isn't willing to fight Tom he looks like a paper champion. Not willing to really do what the champ is supposed to. Any attempts to justify it falls flat. Tom showing up where Jones is at and dwarfing him like the absolute unit that he is just feeds the flames.

Retiring ?? Then get out of the fuckin way.

Last edited:
UFC could pay Jon 15m to fight anyone. After 30 years it's obvious it's not the best fights. Randy Couture had to sue the UFC to try and fight Fedor lmao

Not to fight a guy with 500K followers. :)

I honestly don't mind him quitting but if he is quitting they should take the belt off of him cos this fight doesn't have nothing to do w the title and it's already held up the div for quite some time.

UFC is a marketing machine now man. Jones having the title matters to sell the whole thing.

Exactly, Gus, Reyes turned out to not even be elite and he arguably lost to them. Just shows he’s not that good when he’s not facing someone much smaller even though they were average at best. Gus and Reyes are the only 2 guys his size besides kickboxer Gane
I wouldnt say Gus wasn't elite because he also gave DC a hell of a fight too. I think he lost to both of them but he gave them absolute hell.

Ah, Jonesy. Out of one side of your mouth, you berate fans who criticize your fixation on fighting Stipe by talking about how legendary and deserving he is. Then out of the other side you call him "old man" and "old timer" and betray your crass calculating motivation. God how tired I am of it all. I'd welcome you walking off into the sunset...but I KNOW it wouldn't stop you from tweeting, probably forever hinting a comeback and cockteasing the fanship.

How fervently I pray that "old man" Stipe smacks that mouth into silence and growls "shuddup you whippersnapper" over your unconscious body.

Obviously, just give the heavyweight title to Aspinall because he has intentions of sticking around and defending it .
They can come up with some type of gimmick for Stipe vs Jones , they could fight for the Jurassic park belt or some shit like that

In Leaked Private Messages, says he's making 15 mill in the Stipe fight then walking off.
Looks like he's gonna dodge Tom/Curtis.
Thoughts?

I think there's a high likelihood that his aging body has been talking to him during his time off, telling him things. He's done the calculations in his head and the risk/reward to his legacy just isn't worth taking on a young and elite heavyweight like Aspinall.

This idea that jones won’t fight people he “doesn’t have an advantage over” is comical. He literally cleared out generations of the LHW division and still there’s a sect of “fans” that are upset. He moved up to HW and walked through Gane (who at the time Sherdog was literally split on who would win pre fight). A decade and a half of dominance aren’t enough for all of you.

Although your right he doesn’t fight those he doesn’t have an advantage over… his advantage is he’s the greatest MMA fighter of all time.
His advantage is a decade and a half of steroid use.

What a greedy pig. He beats up some old man and gets paid enough that he can bury his snout in a pile of yay for the rest of his swine life.

What is wrong with that, you go to work and beat up old computers to get paid enough money to bury your Gullet in a pile of liquor before retirement.

Why would he be greedy for making 15 million to fight Miocic who will also be making a large amount of cash, the type you have never seen. I would do that for half and take the same shit from online posters who watch sports and could drink shit.

Jon is coming from a pretty long injury and at the end of the day that is good money. No clue how you can call that a greedy pig, that is called good business.

Last edited:
Not surprised at all if this is true, but this just makes this match up feel even more fraudulent. Aspinall is defending the interim title while Jones is defending the undisputed title against a practically retired fighter who hasn't won in 3 1/2 years by the time the fight takes place.

This idea that jones won’t fight people he “doesn’t have an advantage over” is comical. He literally cleared out generations of the LHW division and still there’s a sect of “fans” that are upset. He moved up to HW and walked through Gane (who at the time Sherdog was literally split on who would win pre fight). A decade and a half of dominance aren’t enough for all of you.

Although your right he doesn’t fight those he doesn’t have an advantage over… his advantage is he’s the greatest MMA fighter of all time.
He's the greatest mma fighter of all time in a universe where Fedor and Silva don't exist. Though, I agree with the premise of your point.

He had a huge size and steroid advantage. He lost to Reyes, Gus and santos. Gane is a kickboxer with no grappling ability.

If he fights again it’ll be against Periera who’s not a heavyweight and also has a grappling weakness jones can exploit
the creativity and mental gymnastics that you haters can apply to Jone's resume is pretty admirable.

He’s the biggest lowlife cheater in UFC history. And it’s pretty obvious you are not a clean athlete, either. Because only a cheater would defend another cheater. But since you don’t get paid that’s probably your justification, right? But if you were a pro you’d cheat anyway, right? If it’s good enough for Jones, it’s good enough for you.

Lowlifes of a feather..

I'm starting to think people here hate Jon more than Conor :eek:

I think Jon is playing 4D chess here. He's keeping himself relevant while not fighting and making people want to watch him fight so they can hopefully see him lose. I doubt Jon would disclose that he's retiring to some random on twitter if he actually had intentions of retiring.. after stipe. And judging by all the threads on here and shit. Looks like it's working

{<shrug}

Back