Jon Jones building strength with Earthshaking Deadlift

Taking dem "GAT" supplements again I see.

Lol.

I love these posts type of threads
"I can do better".
"Its not that much"
"I know a guy at my gym who does more"

This is the best fighter in the world, lifting, recreationally
He is a professional athlete on steroids lifting an unimpressive weight (for a guy his size on steroids) off of blocks despite already having silly long arms that make the lift significantly easier than it would be for someone with a normal frame.

If nobody made a big deal out of it, it would be fine, but people acting like this is some Herculean lift should be corrected.

Lol.

"I can do better".
"Its not that much"

This is the best fighter in the world, lifting, recreationally

not the ebst fighter in the world at all and him being that mmuch larger than me when im a moderate lifterwho fights as well i lift 2 days a week only and am 2 weight classes lower

we wouldnt be dissing him if his manlet fans wouldnt brag on him like its an amazing achievement lol it shows they arnt athletic at all cause theyd know those numbers are not good for his size

He is a professional athlete on steroids lifting an unimpressive weight (for a guy his size on steroids) off of blocks despite already having silly long arms that make the lift significantly easier than it would be for someone with a normal frame.

If nobody made a big deal out of it, it would be fine, but people acting like this is some Herculean lift should be corrected.

lol my thoughts exactly

so you can't even provide any footage whatsover and you're making shit up, thats cool too. None of those guys are doing anything remotely near 550.

sure they are im not gonna go google search to findvids of it u can google it if u want the answer if u think jones is impressive ud shit yourself over me

LOL!!

Hes a professional fighter
A tall skinny one at that

"B-b-but this guy at my gym"

not the ebst fighter in the world at all and him being that mmuch larger than me when im a moderate lifterwho fights as well i lift 2 days a week only and am 2 weight classes lower

we wouldnt be dissing him if his manlet fans wouldnt brag on him like its an amazing achievement lol it shows they arnt athletic at all cause theyd know those numbers are not good for his size
Of course he is, and plus hes a professional FIGHTER, not weight lifter.

Reasons why youre an idiot:

1. Hes not a pro lifter, its cross training
2. If he pushes 100% on his lifts he risks injury
3. Alot of guys who are 5’9 220 can lift that, but not a lot of 6’4 220 guys can lift that
4. Do you even lift?

Dude, you're talking nonsense. If Jones has the ideal frame for comvential deadlifts, there would be a ton pro lifters who excel at that movement built like him.
They are and the best sumo lifters are short
Ed coan has hands down the best sumo dead, and he's stubby 5"6.
he even explains the advantages of going sumo while being stubbier over conventional in a video on YouTube "deadlifting sumo with coan" you should watch it allot better than hulse talking about deadlifting with a specefic weak imobile tall athlete.
ed-coan.jpg

sumo_StoryPicture.jpg

Greg Austin 5"9 Guinness record holder
For most heaviest sumo lift repped in one minute.

Eddie hall has the heaviest deadlift in the world he's 6"4 and pulls conventional
images

If sumo was easier he would pull sumo.
Infact all the tall strongmen pull conventional
Thor 6"9
maxresdefault.jpg

Brian Shaw 6"8 is the closest and even him it's still modified conventional with elbows outside the knee
maxresdefault.jpg

The proof is in the pudding, I don't know why you think otherwise

Reasons why youre an idiot:

1. Hes not a pro lifter, its cross training
2. If he pushes 100% on his lifts he risks injury
3. Alot of guys who are 5’9 220 can lift that, but not a lot of 6’4 220 guys can lift that
4. Do you even lift?
1. So what? People are touting this as if it is an impressive lift. It isn't. I don't care about your apologetics.
2. So, you don't lift or didn't watch the video. His form was awful and he was clearly maxing out. He barely got the weight up while torquing so badly I thought he was going to snap a tendon.
3. You know nothing about deadlifting. His height makes the lift easier, especially with his long spider arms.
4. I posted a video in this thread of me deadlifting 575Lbs.

Edit:

Last edited:
LOL!!

Hes a professional fighter
A tall skinny one at that

"B-b-but this guy at my gym"
His tall frame and long reach makes the lift easier.

Also, not "this guy at my gym". I personally as a non athlete who does not use steroids am stronger than him.

Lol.

"I can do better".
"Its not that much"

This is the best fighter in the world, lifting, recreationally taking steroids

Fixed

I'd say it's about an intermediate lift. Nothing 'earthshaking about it' for a guy who is 240 lbs and busted for juicing on multiple occasions. In fact with those stats it's kind of weak, especially given that it's a block pull (much easier).

His tall frame and long reach makes the lift easier.

Also, not "this guy at my gym". I personally as a non athlete who does not use steroids am stronger than him.

Never heard or seen that tall lanky build were good for deadlifts.

Weird there are no power lifters with his build...
You might be very very unlikely

Further hes a professional fighter one of the best ever. Even in your pretend world where you're "stronger" than Jon Jones he can beat you to death effortlessly

Back