Jon Fitch vs Neiman Gracie and Ed Ruth vs Yaroslav Amasov confirmed for Bellator GP

LoL
So Fitch who is coming of a clearly W over Daley, has to make an extra fight? And Daley coming of a L, is in the Main Bracket already? Those details are the things that i can not stand.....
Yes because he’s boring. Next

Is Rory still fighting Mousasi?

If so, I doubt he'll make it to the tournament, that nose is gonna need another surgery.

LoL
So Fitch who is coming of a clearly W over Daley, has to make an extra fight? And Daley coming of a L, is in the Main Bracket already? Those details are the things that i can not stand.....

I hear you on that, and people were pissed about no Daley when tournament was first announced. I was one of those people who think Daley would have been robbing a guy like Ruth a spot in the bracket. Daley has 0% chance of winning it. But with that said him vs MVP is such a great style matchup and thenonly fight that would make me overlook his preferred spot over Fitch.

Way they've done this is so dumb, even when Bellator seems to have a good idea they execute it like shit.

So which two fights are the qualifying bouts? Figure prospects Ruth/Amasov is one but then Fitch/Gracie would be the other? So Fitch has to fight his way in while the guy he beat Daley gets in?

All depends on who they feed into.

If Fitch beating Gracie gets to fight the winner of Ruth/Amasov in the first round its Arguably a better first round draw than fighting MVP. Plus it possibly gets him on the opposite side of the bracket than Rory.

NCAA March madness has teams do a play in game to earn the 11 seed spot even though ''lesser" teams can earn the 12-15 spot in the first round without even having pick up a win.

I hear you on that, and people were pissed about no Daley when tournament was first announced. I was one of those people who think Daley would have been robbing a guy like Ruth a spot in the bracket. Daley has 0% chance of winning it. But with that said him vs MVP is such a great style matchup and thenonly fight that would make me overlook his preferred spot over Fitch.
Everyone complaining about this but Larkin also in this thing and daley easily ko'ed that boi. He's the one that should be in the qualifications.

Kinda disappointed that Ruth and Amasov are facing off since they both most interesting prospects IMO, would rather seen then face off further down the road
Oh well will be awesome fight regardless, Fitch will run over Gracie with his grind
I think of the 3 guys ruth could have been matched up against he got the toughest and the least known. I think he can beat Fitch and Gracie but amasov is a toss up. I would have done ruth vs Fitch and Gracie vs amasov

LoL

Makes sense to me. Fitch always had to work harder cuz he's boring as shit. Didn't he win like 9 in a row before getting a title fight in the ufc? Business as usual.

So it seems people are counting Neiman Gracie out.. interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Gracie submits or at least outgrapples Fitch. Let's not forget Maia pretty much nullified Fitch game and while Neiman wasn't nearly as accomplished in BJJ, in my opinion his game translated a bit better to MMA. He's more explosive and fast, and he has shown good cardio so far. Also, Fitch won't have any size advantage as he usually does.

Captura_de_Tela_2017_06_14__s_11.33.33.0.png

So it seems people are counting Neiman Gracie out.. interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Gracie submits or at least outgrapples Fitch. Let's not forget Maia pretty much nullified Fitch game and while Neiman wasn't nearly as accomplished in BJJ, in my opinion his game translated a bit better to MMA. He's more explosive and fast, and he has shown good cardio so far. Also, Fitch won't have any size advantage as he usually does.

Captura_de_Tela_2017_06_14__s_11.33.33.0.png
This, I think Gracie has a good chance to out grapple Fitch. Ruth also has a very good chance against him.

Typical slime ball tactics of a promoter. Jon Fitch, who has accomplished a lot in MMA and have beaten some really good fighters and who absolutely embarrassed Paul Daley, who in turn embarrassed himself in their fight, has to qualify to be in Bellator's 8 man Welterweight Tournament field while Quitter Paul Daley gets automatically slotted into the Bellator's 8 man Welterweight Tournament field. Scott Coker will screw fighters over just like other MMA promoters will do.

Typical slime ball tactics of a promoter. Jon Fitch, who has accomplished a lot in MMA and have beaten some really good fighters and who absolutely embarrassed Paul Daley, who in turn embarrassed himself in their fight, has to qualify to be in Bellator's 8 man Welterweight Tournament field while Quitter Paul Daley gets automatically slotted into the Bellator's 8 man Welterweight Tournament field. Scott Coker will screw fighters over just like other MMA promoters will do.

Daley is only in this because THE FANS want the MVP fight. MVP doesn't deserve to have to have a playin round fight. Just make them feed into Rory, its nothing to get upset about.

Daley is only in this because THE FANS want the MVP fight. MVP doesn't deserve to have to have a playin round fight. Just make them feed into Rory, its nothing to get upset about.
Then make MVP vs Paul Daley a match to qualify to be in the Bellator 8 Man Welterweight Tournament and make them the bottom seeds since neither has beaten anyone outside of Daley beating Larkin.

Then make MVP vs Paul Daley a match to qualify to be in the Bellator 8 Man Welterweight Tournament and make them the bottom seeds since neither has beaten anyone outside of Daley beating Larkin.

Ok then Larkin, Ruth, Gracie, and Amasov. 2 of those 4 don't have to have a qualifying fight.

Fact is there are 6ish fighters who could be given a qualifying fight. Daley and Larkin just are the benefactors of being the 2 that avoided one that coupd have been given one. Someone was going to get a bad draw no matter what, in this case Fitch got the bad draw.

Ok then Larkin, Ruth, Gracie, and Amasov. 2 of those 4 don't have to have a qualifying fight.

Fact is there are 6ish fighters who could be given a qualifying fight. Daley and Larkin just are the benefactors of being the 2 that avoided one that coupd have been given one. Someone was going to get a bad draw no matter what, in this case Fitch got the bad draw.
I get what you are saying, but Scott Coker's history shows he is unimaginative and he has slime ball type tactics

I've become a big fan of Fitch lately. I think he's got a good chance to win the entire thing. Koreshkov and Gracie are his only real threats; Koreshkov can stuff takedowns long enough to land a knockout strike, which Lima, Daley and Page can't say, and his last three losses have been against people with stronger submission grappling than him, like Neiman (he beat Shields by outboxing him, hint-hint).
Ruth and Dynamo don't have the experience to deal with someone like Fitch (if Daley couldn't beat Fitch on the feet, they're not gonna), and Ruth's not gonna be able to hold him in guard for three rounds and earn a unanimous decision like in his other fights. Fitch's strong enough to outmuscle Okami; how's Ruth's athleticism and two-years-in-the-game submission grappling gonna keep him on his back?
Rory will be tough, but if Fitch can beat Koreshkov, he's got a good chance against Rory (they have similar strengths).

Since when was MVP vs Daley confirmed?? Last I saw, Daley wasn’t even part of the tournament.

@eseseses681 have to disagree on your thoughts on Ruth vs Fitch. I think Ruth stuffs all his takedowns and Fitch with his poor striking eventually gets beat up on his feet by Ruths raw striking skills.

Back