Jon Fitch vs Neiman Gracie and Ed Ruth vs Yaroslav Amasov confirmed for Bellator GP

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Kinda disappointed that Ruth and Amasov are facing off since they both most interesting prospects IMO, would rather seen then face off further down the road
Oh well will be awesome fight regardless, Fitch will run over Gracie with his grind

Rory vs Larkin is a great fight. Larkin matches up pretty well with Rory. Good TDD and good striking. Of course Rory will be favored tho.

Fitch vs Gracie
giphy.gif

Lima vs Koreshkov 3
Ruth vs Amasov
Larkin and Rory MacDonald
giphy.gif

MVP vs Daley
giphy.gif

Yep MVP vs Daley is official by far the fight I want to see the most.

Amasov vs Ruth is awesome

Larkin vs MacDonald is a real solid fight stoked for that for sure.

Lima vs Koreshkov is a great fight

Pretty sure I heard something about a possible fight to get into the tourney so that there is an even number of fighters too.

I hope Fitch continues to win on his 40-year old MMA world tour. I'm also tired of the various Gracies fighting cans/has-beens and padding their records since Roger had his (very unsuccessful) attempt to make it in SF and the UFC.

I think the best possible route for this is put Rory and MVP on different sides of the bracket and have them in the finals. Stephen Thompson showed us that style can beat Rory.

Fuck I pumped for this though!

Amazing tournament, Ruth is inexperienced but could win it all.

But wich winners are going to have that extra fight? It is a 10 man thing, there is an extra fight for 2 winners...

But wich winners are going to have that extra fight? It is a 10 man thing, there is an extra fight for 2 winners...

There's still a yet to be announced fight to get into the tourney to make the group an even number.

There's still a yet to be announced fight to get into the tourney to make the group an even number.

From what I understood is that the fitch/Neiman and Ruth/amasov winners make the cut of 8. The 2 losers get the ax right away, trimming the field to 8.

From what I understood is that the fitch/Neiman and Ruth/amasov winners make the cut of 8. The 2 losers get the ax right away, trimming the field to 8.
LoL
So Fitch who is coming of a clearly W over Daley, has to make an extra fight? And Daley coming of a L, is in the Main Bracket already? Those details are the things that i can not stand.....

I slate Bellator a lot but this GP is sick, and the matchmaking is also spot pon for round 1.

I was hoping Fitch would fight Rory.

so we can see him eliminated early

Rory vs Larkin is a great fight. Larkin matches up pretty well with Rory. Good TDD and good striking. Of course Rory will be favored tho.
Pretty sure that this news means they're not fighting anytime soon it's a 10 man tournament so it'll be like:
Rory vs ( Fitch vs Gracie)
Daily vs mvp
Larkin vs (Ruth vs amasov)
Lima vs Koreshov

LoL
So Fitch who is coming of a clearly W over Daley, has to make an extra fight? And Daley coming of a L, is in the Main Bracket already? Those details are the things that i can not stand.....
Pretty sure this is just like a stay busy fight tho and he'll get rory in the 1st round in February is the plan.

I was hoping Fitch would fight Rory.

so we can see him eliminated early
It's still a possibility if he wins this qualifyer.

Way they've done this is so dumb, even when Bellator seems to have a good idea they execute it like shit.

So which two fights are the qualifying bouts? Figure prospects Ruth/Amasov is one but then Fitch/Gracie would be the other? So Fitch has to fight his way in while the guy he beat Daley gets in?

So far the only thing they really got right is MVP/Daley

Really like that Ruth/Amasov fight. Good quality check for both guys.

Back