Jon Fitch: "Meat is not a healthy source for protein."

Studies have also found that there are high levels of different stress hormones found in meat that are released as the scared animal is being slaughtered. There are still studies going on that are trying to determine whether or not ingesting these have an effect on humans.

The fuck? Slaughter is instantaneous in this day and age - it's done with a boltgun to the cranium and the animal is killed without the slightest of suffering. Even queuing the animals up to enter the killing pen is devoid of stress.

If your theory of 'stress hormones' were remotely true don't you think hunted animals would be the most unhealthy of all? I mean, being harried across the open savannah for days on end by a Masai dude with a spear has to be a rather more terrifying way to go, surely?

ive had one stressed out kill in my life and i didnt hunt for an entire year after that until my marksmanship was
top notch. felt really bad, but i was a newb and it happens unfortunately. the meat was gamier but it didnt harm me or anyone else.

however, they dont suffer in slaughter houses.

I'm not preachy, but when asked, I usually just say I couldn't keep my diet after I learned the effects factory farming has on the Earth. People either already know or they are curious what I'm talking about so they go start looking stuff up on the internet. It never leads to a heated argument.

Oh man, is he one of those guys who hangs out at Whole Foods, pays WAY too much money for a damn salad, wears hoodies, jeans, and flip flips, doesn't shave, and acts like he's better than everyone?

he will also lecture you on the evils of eating meat, milk, eggs, and anything else that a rabbit wouldn't eat. God forbid you don't eat like a small asian woman.

The fuck? Slaughter is instantaneous in this day and age - it's done with a boltgun to the cranium and the animal is killed without the slightest of suffering. Even queuing the animals up to enter the killing pen is devoid of stress.

If your theory of 'stress hormones' were remotely true don't you think hunted animals would be the most unhealthy of all? I mean, being harried across the open savannah for days on end by a Masai dude with a spear has to be a rather more terrifying way to go, surely?

Sounds like you have never been to a slaughterhouse. I recommend doing some research on where your food comes from.

Also it's not my theory.

however, they dont suffer in slaughter houses.

Just saying.

and even hunting with a rifle rarely yields an 100% instant kill. Imagine a bow or spear.

I gotta say, the stress hormone one is hilarious. Shocking how predators in the wild manage to survive, since the process by which they acquire food is so damaging to them.

I gotta say, the stress hormone one is hilarious. Shocking how predators in the wild manage to survive, since the process by which they acquire food is so damaging to them.

hahaha didnt even think about that. Yeah I think the zebra who just got caught by a pack of lions has a fair bit of adrenaline running

They are studying how ingesting these hormones cumulatively affects humans in the long run; we are living much longer now than we did while we were evolving.

Sounds like you have never been to a slaughterhouse. I recommend doing some research on where your food comes from.

Also it's not my theory.

The UK meat industry is very heavily regulated since the foot and mouth scare several decades ago, and is now world class in safety and humane treatment of livestock. I actually have researched where my meat comes from, and I've seen how quickly and humanely a living cow is made into dead meat. The animal dosn't have a clue, and happily wanders into the killing pen.

Question: halal slaughter, in which the animal is suspended by the hind legs and it's neck sliced and left to bleed to death, is surely more stressful than a boltgun to the brainstem. Is there any scientific proof of these so-called ''stress hormones'' at elevated levels in halal meat?

Yeah but lions live about 15 years, not 80-100+

I`m going to go out on a limb and say that a lion eats significantly more meat than I do. In fact, I would not be surprised if it ate more than I will in a lifetime.

he will also lecture you on the evils of eating meat, milk, eggs, and anything else that a rabbit wouldn't eat. God forbid you don't eat like a small asian woman.
Exactly what he will spontaneously turn into, like the frogs they talk about in Jurassic Park... I've seen it a hundred times.

Back