Jon Fitch entire UFC payment revealed

I make 35000 a year I work 6 days a week cooking food. I love doing it. His pay sounds just right to me if he loves what he's doing.

So his average salary not including sponsorship money and product endorsement was over $100,000 a year in take home pay. Oh pitty the poor MMA fighter. I guess everyone complaining about his pay on this forum work as Doctors or Lawyers. Who ever said he is middleclass is out of touch with what a middle class income actually is ($40,000 - $80,000 gross). If your take home pay is 6 digits you have no sympathy from me. Do I think he should have been paid more? Yes. Do I think it's a travesty the amount he was actually paid? No.

That's good pay for being a bore on the division and very unappealing to fans. Watch Fitch turn into a finishing machine in WSOF. :)

That's 185K a year. Not much to bitch about, IMO.

(Besides taxes etc.)
Yeah, but it not like athletes, are Doctors, engineers, or whatever professional that can go on making that sum till their 70's.
Instead one might argue that he was supposed to bank enough to live off and then need only to supplement (teaching etc.)

On the other side others might argue that sports and arts were known as incredibly risky careers, even when the economy was decent, so you knew what you were in for and if you even managed to get some sort of paycheck from it you can't complain.
Fair enough.
Though I'm just saying you can't compare the yearly income to normal kind of workers.

Last edited:
Hey phil, are you going to contribute to this thread with something of value? :wink:

Man the sad part is that half of his earnings goes to Training Camp and a good share to his coaches. The man has made money but damn below average Pro Wrestler probably still makes more than that a year just saying.

I remember people said the same thing about Sylvia and Arlovski. There was lots of whining about how the UFC mistreated them. How did that turn out again? With both guys begging to come back to the big bad UFC.

Like Dana always says "the grass ain't always greener".

Huerta was the biggest idiot of all though. Too dumb to realize the UFC was giving him softball match ups and he was nowhere near as good as he thought he was. Now, he's getting soccer kicked in Asia for bread crumbs

He's prolly just butt hurt bout the release.... Lol

The pay is shit. Especially considering the earning potential for a fighter is usually a little over a decade before injuries and age catch up. Plus fighters have substantial expenses they have to pay, (medical, agents, gym fees, cornermen etc) just to enable them to fight.

The NFL is the most cut throat of them all thought
Yeah, the NFL is brutal. Look at Mike Webster. HOF player, winner of four SBs, and considered one of the best centers ever. Dude's brain was so badly damaged from play he didn't even recognize his family when he was in his 40s. He was homeless before he died, and got absolutely no help from the NFL. They pretty much wiped their hands of the man. And his story is not an isolated case either. They have done that with most of their players (who are pretty much all shot by their 30s).

UFC Fight night 2 - 4k to show, 4k to win = 8k
UFC fight night 4 - 4k to show, 4k to win = 8k
UFC fight night 5 - 8k to show, 8k to win = 16k
UFC 64 - 10k to show, 10k to win = 20k
UFC 68 - 14k to show, 14k to win = 28k
UFC fight night 10 - 18k to show, 18k to win = 36k
UFC 76 - 22k to show, 22k to win = 44k
UFC 82 - 30k to show, 30k to win = 60k
UFC 87 - 34k to show = 34k
UFC 94 - 34k to show, 34k to win = 68k
UFC 100 - 45k to show, 45k to win = 90k
UFC 107 - 50k to show, 50k to win = 100k
UFC 111 - 55k to show, 55k to win = 110k
UFC 117 - 60k to show, 60k to win = 120k
UFC 127 - 60k to show = 60k
UFC 141 - 60k to show = 60k
UFC 153 - 60k to show, 60k to win = 120k
UFC 156 - 66k to show = 66k

+ 130k for 2 fight of the night, + 302k discretionary

Total = 1.48 million for 18 fights over 8 years.

Pretty shitty in my opinion considering he was number 2 in the world for like 6 years

If you just look at his pay over the almost 5 years when he was near the top of the division, he made just under 1.1 million dollars and averaged just over 225k a year. That's not bad for a guy who's not a star and has only fought for the title 1 time.

It's not much. People forget he was 7 years in the UFC. Training camps are expensive and he was the long time number 2 WW on the planet.

Dana, give your fighters more money!

How much money did Jon Fitch get from sponsors? Classes? Seminars? Appearances?
How much would have gotten if he wasn't in the UFC?

An average seminar would be $100/person with like 50-80 people. There's 5-8k for 3 hours work because of his time in the UFC, that he can do pretty much whenever he feels like it.

It's not much. People forget he was 7 years in the UFC. Training camps are expensive and he was the long time number 2 WW on the planet.

Dana, give your fighters more money!

We went over that already!

No shit! I don't understand why these crybabies are complaining about someone else's pay! It makes no sense whatsoever. They sound like a bunch of teenage girls.

I'd kill someone to make 185k+ a year, and 95% of Sherdog would too.

The fact he made so much, while not having very memorable bouts, close to no finish ability and having one of the least fan-friendly styles in the UFC.

Oh, and that's not even sponsor pay, or any extras like making gym appearances and seminars.

Sherdog needs to quit obsessively bitching about what a fighter gets paid.

Do you know what taxes are? In his case atleast 30%. Paying Management which is about 15% of your purse. You also have sparring partners, commuting to your event, stricter, more expensive diets, and not to even mention medical bills. Fitch is also married with a child. This roughly leaves him with like maybe 35% of what he earned to go towards his future. He doesn't make a ton of money and for you not to see that shows your ignorance. I understand the UFC's position on cutting him, but that still doesn't change the facts.

At $50+ per PPV, plus ticket sales, plus DVD sales and merchandising, it's interesting how little seems to make its way to the fighters.

We went over that already!

Oh, yeah? What's the conclusion? Don't you think UFC fighters are underpayed?
And I'm not comparing it to boxing or any other combat sport, just look at the number of PPV buys, the sponsoring, the ticket sales, etc. Fighters do not get as much as they deserve.

Back